Any one seen this frunk issue before?

Tesla2.0

Referral Code - F0ZQ8SWA
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
It kept saying frunk is open, but it is closed. It give warning beeps while driving…. #annoying

Anyone experience that? Quick fix or I have to ask for Mobile unit?

20490830-4F7F-40FB-829F-015C6DD3472C.jpeg
95C24C4D-E812-4BC8-8BF1-B0A574716F7D.jpeg

Had that issue with mine when they replaced the headlight. It was closed but not latching correctly. Took mobile about an hour to realign the latch. You can try pressing the hood down as you close it, that made mine go away until it was fixed.

You mean force close without using hydraulic?

It became like this after detail car wash. Not sure what these people did anything to trigger this warning. I’m going to use sticks to play around with latches

Don't force it on its own. Use the power close and as it's about to latch give it a little pressure with your hand. It closed it properly on mine so I didn't have to worry about it flying open at 85mph on the highway.

Don't force it on its own. Use the power close and as it's about to latch give it a little pressure with your hand. It closed it properly on mine so I didn't have to worry about it flying open at 85mph on the highway.
I did exactly that, and hear latch clicked so it worked!

This is why I love this community forum!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

So FALSE ALARM!

It’s just latch couldn’t click issue. I don’t know if it is bc the Texas heat affect warping or simply boys at car wash shop closed my frunk without using software soft close to affect alignment of hydraulic. Anyway, I identified the problem. Software worked perfectly here detecting latch wasn’t clicked for safety warning sound.

I have the same issue and have ‘solved’ it the same way. It was doing this at the delivery center when I took delivery so I doubt it was your car wash. The issue comes and goes.

Actually my issue is with trunk not frunk

Now have the issue. Was at the PPF shop. They called, frunk is closed, but car thinks it is open. Flashing lights and alarms when I drive it. Now have to get it trailered to Scottsdale.

Now have the issue. Was at the PPF shop. They called, frunk is closed, but car thinks it is open. Flashing lights and alarms when I drive it. Now have to get it trailered to Scottsdale.
Could it be reset for alarm and get PPF done first?

Wow well I too have a very similar issue been happening for a while. I noticed during a recent road trip that I would hit close on the frunk from the button inside the frunk itself, therefore I could hear the frunk close properly. As I sit in the car, I get a message saying frunk is open but no crazy flashing lights or anything like that. I then proceed to open and close the frunk again through the pilot panel and it's done.
Then I saw this happen again and again ever so often after I'd open and close the frunk during out second road trip, I took it to the Scottsdale Service Center and tried desperately to replicate it but it worked fine the 10 times I did it there.
I realized, or so I think what the issue is, but don't know if I should hit up the service center again or not. What happens is when there's enough load / luggage in the frunk such that there's even the slightest pressure being applied against the hood from the inside, the warning sounds!! Even though like I said, I can see the hood close just fine and you hear the 'soft click'. I've proceeded to take out the divider from the frunk so that there's no chance of any pressure being applied against the hood and have not seen the warning sign again. But that's all my guess at this point.
My only other theory, which is weird is it has something to do with the weight of the stuff being kept in the frunk.
The service center thought it was because we had dust or grains of sand that made the latch area dirty causing the warning to go off but I wasn't quite satisfied with that answer because it was not happening every single time. It was perhaps every 2nd or 3rd time of open / close

Wow well I too have a very similar issue been happening for a while. I noticed during a recent road trip that I would hit close on the frunk from the button inside the frunk itself, therefore I could hear the frunk close properly. As I sit in the car, I get a message saying frunk is open but no crazy flashing lights or anything like that. I then proceed to open and close the frunk again through the pilot panel and it's done.
Then I saw this happen again and again ever so often after I'd open and close the frunk during out second road trip, I took it to the Scottsdale Service Center and tried desperately to replicate it but it worked fine the 10 times I did it there.
I realized, or so I think what the issue is, but don't know if I should hit up the service center again or not. What happens is when there's enough load / luggage in the frunk such that there's even the slightest pressure being applied against the hood from the inside, the warning sounds!! Even though like I said, I can see the hood close just fine and you hear the 'soft click'. I've proceeded to take out the divider from the frunk so that there's no chance of any pressure being applied against the hood and have not seen the warning sign again. But that's all my guess at this point.
My only other theory, which is weird is it has something to do with the weight of the stuff being kept in the frunk.
The service center thought it was because we had dust or grains of sand that made the latch area dirty causing the warning to go off but I wasn't quite satisfied with that answer because it was not happening every single time. It was perhaps every 2nd or 3rd time of open / close
It happened to me, latch misalignment. Your latch may be in borderline spot. It was easy fix for them.

Mine wasn’t happened bc of bad fit and finish. It was caused by car wash staff, they didn’t use inner button to close frunk, but rather close it like Tesla hood, SLAM!

Happening to me as well, I just push over the left corner and it shows closed. Waiting on lucid to get back to me for various issues noted at delivery for almost 3 weeks now

It happened to me, latch misalignment. Your latch may be in borderline spot. It was easy fix for them.

Mine wasn’t happened bc of bad fit and finish. It was caused by car wash staff, they didn’t use inner button to close frunk, but rather close it like Tesla hood, SLAM!
So it's now happening to me almost everytime when I close the frunk from inside the hood. Walk over to sit in the car and yeah it's open apparently! Shouldn't be an issue of me stuffing stuff into the frunk and stuff for it to not close properly. Taking it to the service center next week Wednesday. Is that what you did as well?

I think after if closes you can press down approximately where the latches are to get it seated properly until they can realign it

I think after if closes you can press down approximately where the latches are to get it seated properly until they can realign it
Or like I mentioned previously, what works is opening and closing using the buttons in the car...either the pilot panel or the left panel..that seems to do the trick

Having this problem right now

I'll try this In the morning.
I tried to kind of push on it a bit as it closes, no luck yet..
Will try again in the morning. It started happening after some 20 degree weather in Ohio.
And it actually wouldn't even open. Eventually after opening, it gives this error.

Also having this issue now 🤔 happened to me after I left the car to sit a week while on vacation.. weird but I have to take it in to reprogram the TPMS after I get winter rims and tires installed so I’ll have them take a look.

I have had the cinch motors replaced twice on the frunk. I believe there is a design issue with the cinch motors and latch. I have not checked but was told it was revision 7 for the motors and/or latch. Sounds like it has been a little persistent of an issue but maybe resolved now with the last revision. Time will tell.

It kept saying frunk is open, but it is closed. It give warning beeps while driving…. #annoying

Anyone experience that? Quick fix or I have to ask for Mobile unit?

View attachment 2415View attachment 2416
This warning happened after I tried to open the Frunk after about 4” of snow…..It strained to open, wouldn’t open, seemed to close but the warning and annoying beeps begin. Since our trip into Santa Fe for groceries wasn’t time sensitive and the temperature was getting above freezing we waited for the layer of ice under the snow to melt, and the frunk opened/closed without the warning. Was it the weight of the thin layer of Ice or the temperature? We also noticed that the “soft close“ for the doors did not work after the snow and resumed working after the temperature was above freezing.

Back