Any Minnesota-based owners (or owners to be)?

a lot of issues (see below)
#17 associated with using the climate control? I notice a high pitch sound when it's turned on, goes away when turned off. I haven't reported it yet.

I went with a 3 year ceramic coating here in Rochester. Cost $1300 and included all painted surfaces, the windshield, two front windows and wheel protection.

#17 associated with using the climate control? I notice a high pitch sound when it's turned on, goes away when turned off. I haven't reported it yet.
Very early on (March) I had a high pitched whistle from the AC. Service reset the actuators and the problem has not returned.

Very early on (March) I had a high pitched whistle from the AC. Service reset the actuators and the problem has not returned.
I'll check if it's associated with using the AC.

Hi all, I’m a model S owner with FSD. I am looking forward to taking delivery later this year hopefully - Touring Quantum Grey Tahoe, sound pro and dream drive pro. I’ve seen one Zenith Red on county road 101…once and that’s about it. I’ve seen at least 5 Rivians in the west metro. I’m glad there is a handful of MN owners. Maybe someday there will be a MN lucid fb group like the MN tesla group.

Thank you for the welcome TCGT!

I have a Quantum Grey GT with Santa Cruz interior and 21in wheels. I know, not the perfect car for the MN winters, but I plan to garage it as soon as the snow flies. I am not new to EVs (owned several Model Ss since 2013), neither am I new to early adopting! I may get the 19s with winter tires and a set of rubber floor mats, and take it out on the cleaner & drier days, we'll see. FWIW, I recommend Midwest Clear Bra for paint protection. I went with PPF on the front and all 4 doors, and then ceramic. I have used them for all my cars in the past, and they have done four Airs now, so they know the car well.

Anyone have a plan to start a MN Owners Group? Would be fun to meet up. I was involved in the MN Tesla group back in 2013-2014. It began with a FB group, and then we had regular gatherings at various establishments around town. One time we had a corral at a "Cars and Coffee" event in Eden Prairie. In those days, EVs were very scarce, and there were only a couple of hundred Teslas in the the entire state; mostly Model Ss.

To answer your delivery question...
Yes, they will still deliver to MN. I decided to travel to Chicago to look at the car before paying for it, then decided to cancel my return ticket and drive it home!

A question for you....
Have you had a mobile service yet? How was it? I have a few minor things I need to have addressed, and would like to schedule a service when they are next in town.
Is your experience better with Midwest clear bra than Tint Pros? Tiny pros consistently gets recommended in the MN tesla club.

Is your experience better with Midwest clear bra than Tint Pros? Tiny pros consistently gets recommended in the MN tesla club.
I’ll let @Crazybrit respond for himself, but on his and others advice I did drop off my car for PPF & ceramic today, and heard I was the 6th Lucid they would be doing…guy there thought there were only 8 in the state, which sounds about right.

I’ll let @Crazybrit respond for himself, but on his and others advice I did drop off my car for PPF & ceramic today, and heard I was the 6th Lucid they would be doing…guy there thought there were only 8 in the state, which sounds about right.
When I take delivery, I’ll have to go to them. I rather go with a place has done lucid before!

When I take delivery, I’ll have to go to them. I rather go with a place has done lucid before!
Yea, they have all the templates for our cars. I can't speak for Tint Pros I'm afraid. Back when I got my first Tesla, MN Clear Bra was the go-to company, and so I have stuck with them. I also have them hand wash my car. If nothing else, you get to see a lot of exotic cars when you go!

Now that the temperature is in the high 20s, what kind of range are you seeing? Also how’s the car handling Mn snow?

Now that the temperature is in the high 20s, what kind of range are you seeing? Also how’s the car handling Mn snow?
I’m not able to drive my car because I have not received the 19in wheels yet.

Has anyone here had service done locally? I am waiting for a few things to get taken care of and am wondering if they will send a van for a few days to go around and service all of us that need it.

I anticipate delivery of a white Touring edition in the next 5 weeks or so. I am in Hastings. I have enjoyed our Chevy Bolt EUV and done regional trips. I am looking forward to faster dc charging capacity and longer road trips.

I anticipate delivery of a white Touring edition in the next 5 weeks or so. I am in Hastings. I have enjoyed our Chevy Bolt EUV and done regional trips. I am looking forward to faster dc charging capacity and longer road trips.
You'll love it...I took mine out on the St. Croix scenic byway immediately after getting it this summer. Nice area to stretch out.

Just home now after being in the snowstorm today and can report that the car performed surprisingly well with the 19"'s...definitely better than my M3, but I'm still looking at the Vredestein snow tires on Tire Rack.

Now that the temperature is in the high 20s, what kind of range are you seeing?
Range is not an issue for me for day to day driving and home charging. This is because the Lucid recommendation is to keep the car plugged in when it becomes this cold so it is always topped off at the configured state of charge (I use 80%). Additionally, I understand the regeneration recommendation is to use 'standard' setting although I haven't noticed much difference from the more aggressive setting. Side streets are not as well plowed as I'd like here in Rochester and I can hear the motors initially spin but then gain traction on the icy roads. I have the standard 19" all season tires and monitor the tire pressure every two weeks or so.

I’ve decided to cancel my order. Guess I won’t be part of the MN lucid club
Oh no!! Why? You are welcome to test drive my car if you like. I’m sure it will change your mind, especially if, like me, you are a previous Model S owner.

Oh no!! Why? You are welcome to test drive my car if you like. I’m sure it will change your mind, especially if, like me, you are a previous Model S owner.
I’ve decided to cancel my order. Guess I won’t be part of the MN lucid club
Take him, or me, up on the chance to be with the car and talk to an owner in person before you go…this forum can make your head spin sideways and always best to experience the car in real life.

While I don’t have hard numbers, after driving Model Ss through 9 winters, anecdotally I see no difference in the percentage range degradation between the Lucid Air and Model S. The Lucid also handles the snow very well with winter tires.

You'll love it...I took mine out on the St. Croix scenic byway immediately after getting it this summer. Nice area to stretch out.

Just home now after being in the snowstorm today and can report that the car performed surprisingly well with the 19"'s...definitely better than my M3, but I'm still looking at the Vredestein snow tires on Tire Rack.
Got a call that I will need to travel to Chicago to get my Air Touring-so a very quick road test for my new vehicle.

Back