Any Florida insurance company recommendation? Has anybody heard of Root insurance?

raphaelnpires

Cars
Lucid Air Pure 2024
I got a Lucid Air Pure 2024 this week and still shopping for insurance. Right now I have Geico for my previous car but they've quoted me $ 2.222,00 for a six month premium ($500 deductible) for the LUCID, and it is a lot more than I was expecting so I still shopping around. I found this Root insurance, they have a better price but according to their website the first month is like a test drive to see the how you drive and they can increase the prices after that.

Anyone got recently a good price in Florida?

I got a Lucid Air Pure 2024 this week and still shopping for insurance. Right now I have Geico for my previous car but they've quoted me $ 2.222,00 for a six month premium ($500 deductible) for the LUCID, and it is a lot more than I was expecting so I still shopping around. I found this Root insurance, they have a better price but according to their website the first month is like a test drive to see the how you drive and they can increase the prices after that.

I don't have any suggestions for a carrier in Florida, but the figure you're being quoted isn't all that crazy. I'm paying about that # for a Touring in Delaware. (My coverage is a little bit more comprehensive because I have an umbrella policy behind it so I have to carry $250k/$500k coverage). Good luck.

Root didnt even offer me a quote in Florida. Price's are really high in Florida, my quote doubled when i renewed my AGT.

I have Auto Owners Insurance in Florida. Their policies are sold through independent insurance agents, but the pricing is quite reasonable. They don’t ask you to use one of those driver tracking devices, so that’s a plus as far as I’m concerned.

Would you mind to send me the contact of your agent? Because he's done a Lucid before so it might be easier with him.

trying to compare insurance rates is not easy because there are so many variables involved, from credit scores, to location, to driving records, to other cars insured, other drivers in the house, levels of coverage and on and on.

my advice is to shop quotes at many places, I have been bouncing back and forth between geico, progressive and nationwide. I have seen quotes all over the map and some policies are quoted 100% higher than others.

the insurance situation is FL is a mess, especially homeowners, but car insurance is hard as well.

(My coverage is a little bit more comprehensive because I have an umbrella policy behind it so I have to carry $250k/$500k coverage). Good luck.
It is wise to have an umbrella policy (I do) but anyone driving a Lucid who does not have at least $250K/$500K liability insurance is playing Russian Roulette. I doubt there are many Lucid owners with liability insurance less than that.

Wow! I thought mine was high. You might want to check out Acuity. They write auto insurance in Florida. I just renewed my 2023 Pure AWD at $1,800/year with: Liability: $500,000 per person/$500,000 per occurrence; Uninsured motorists: $500,000 each person/$500,000 each accident; Underinsured motorists: $500,000 each person/$500,000 each accident; Comprehensive deductible: $250; Collision deductible: $2,500; No full glass coverage. They insisted on writing it at retail, which was a lot more than I paid, at around $96k when I bought it new in 11/23. Bear in mind that my wife and I are empty-nesters with stellar violation/accident histories and 800+ FICO scores. (I'm willing to bet that even one or two moving violations will kill you with this car.) They also cover multiple cars, our primary residence, and an umbrella; the latter of which went up a lot when I added the Lucid. That was a surprise!

Wow! I thought mine was high. You might want to check out Acuity. They write auto insurance in Florida. I just renewed my 2023 Pure AWD at $1,800/year with: Liability: $500,000 per person/$500,000 per occurrence; Uninsured motorists: $500,000 each person/$500,000 each accident; Underinsured motorists: $500,000 each person/$500,000 each accident; Comprehensive deductible: $250; Collision deductible: $2,500; No full glass coverage. They insisted on writing it at retail, which was a lot more than I paid, at around $96k when I bought it new in 11/23. Bear in mind that my wife and I are empty-nesters with stellar violation/accident histories and 800+ FICO scores. (I'm willing to bet that even one or two moving violations will kill you with this car.) They also cover multiple cars, our primary residence, and an umbrella; the latter of which went up a lot when I added the Lucid. That was a surprise!

I should have added that we are both in our mid-70s. I imagine that at some point our age will start to hurt our rates, but for now, that doesn't seem to be the case. Also, Acuity is considered to be a pretty great company.

I should have added that we are both in our mid-70s. I imagine that at some point our age will start to hurt our rates, but for now, that doesn't seem to be the case. Also, Acuity is considered to be a pretty great company.

Oh, Geez! I forgot to note that this is for an AZ policy. I have no idea how rates may vary from state to state!

Back