Any chance the Tesla adapter will be offered in a bundle with the Charging Cable?

Andre_airpure

Reaction score
Cars
2025 Air Pure
Referral Code
CJHP6D1W
Greetings,

New Lucid Pure owner of three weeks. I love my car and am in a quandary about the $1000 allowance which can be applied to a charging solution. My home (in progress) will have a built in charger so I planned to get the traveling cable with adapters. I contacted Lucid support to get something definitive regarding the Tesla charger adapter (NACS) and was told it was coming in 2025. Does anyone know if this may be added to the lucid store as part of the offered adapters? I’m trying to be patient as I have a bunch of Electrify Americas near my rental home while my home is being built and am hoping that the Tesla adapter will be bundled.

Greetings,

New Lucid Pure owner of three weeks. I love my car and am in a quandary about the $1000 allowance which can be applied to a charging solution. My home (in progress) will have a built in charger so I planned to get the traveling cable with adapters. I contacted Lucid support to get something definitive regarding the Tesla charger adapter (NACS) and was told it was coming in 2025. Does anyone know if this may be added to the lucid store as part of the offered adapters? I’m trying to be patient as I have a bunch of Electrify Americas near my rental home while my home is being built and am hoping that the Tesla adapter will be bundled.
The mobile connector is AC which already has J1772 plug for your home charging. You need to buy Tesla to J1772 if you want to use Tesla AC charging system like Tesla destination chargers.

Tesla Supercharger, Electrify America are DC charging. Ford and Rivian gave out NACS to CCS1 adapters to owners while GM sells them.

It's not known whether they'll be free or not.

To review:

1) Even if you have the NACS adapter now, you cannot use your Lucid at most Tesla Superchargers (most are V3, not V4). I think most V4 have built in adapters so V4 works for both Tesla and any brand including Lucid. You can do that now without the need to get your own adapter because it's already waiting for you there. The issue is there are very few V4 so you need Tesla to grant access to Lucid so you can access the plentiful V3 as well.

2) Current maximum Lucid charging speed at a Tesla Supercharger is 50kW but 300kW at Electrify America. Thus, the Superchargers are good as a Lucid backup system when the 4 stalls of Electrify America are broken or occupied while the 30 stalls of superchargers next door are mostly vacant.

It's unknown whether that will change any time soon.

Back