Another Touring order cancellation - here's my reasoning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a Tesla hater here, but it’s hard to deny the Tesla design is very outdated and a major snooze fest. The latest Model S looks a bit sharper, but overall it’s been the same design language for over 10 years.

I hope Lucid doesn’t “stay the same” for long.

I think Tesla needs a refresh similar to what Lincoln did in 2017. Total design refresh.

Not sure why you think the Model S is outdated, as I think it still looks awesome and is still one of the better looking cars on the road. Maybe because it is my first Tesla and you just don’t see a lot of refresh Model S in Ohio area.

I just don’t get some of the Tesla negativism on this forum. Gets really old. The refresh Model S is still a great EV, especially when you travel a lot like I do.

I get every one has different opinions, but every car has its pluses and minuses including Lucid. 🙂
Let me explain, Tesla model S design hasn’t changed much since it was introduced a decade ago. Also, the quality definitely subpar for a car in its price range. My experience owning one was terrible. It was the worst car experience I had. Sold the car within 18 months! Perhaps I had a bad build but when panel parts start falling off, it makes you think. The handling was not to my expectation of a sports sedan. Lack of a proper blind spot monitor is unheard of these days.

Add to that the lies about Robotaxis coming in 2018, I can’t fathom a CEO who behaves like that. Tesla has the reputation to knowingly dump defective cars on customers to get delivery numbers. The whole modus operandi made me just hate the cars and company! Of course, I hate the CEO!

Let me explain, Tesla model S design hasn’t changed much since it was introduced a decade ago. Also, the quality definitely subpar for a car in its price range. My experience owning one was terrible. It was the worst car experience I had. Sold the car within 18 months! Perhaps I had a bad build but when panel parts start falling off, it makes you think. The handling was not to my expectation of a sports sedan. Lack of a proper blind spot monitor is unheard of these days.

Add to that the lies about Robotaxis coming in 2018, I can’t fathom a CEO who behaves like that. Tesla has the reputation to knowingly dump defective cars on customers to get delivery numbers. The whole modus operandi made me just hate the cars and company! Of course, I hate the CEO!
I don’t understand the comment about the blind spot monitor. The BSM is in the visualization right in front of you. I don’t even check my mirrors most of the time because Im driving in FSD and the visualization is what I’m looking at, not the
mirrors.

I don’t understand the comment about the blind spot monitor. The BSM is in the visualization right in front of you. I don’t even check my mirrors most of the time because Im driving in FSD and the visualization is what I’m looking at, not the
mirrors.
I would hope you are mostly looking out the windshield, not the visualization. :)

The visualization is a video game. In the real world outside your car are people who are depending on you to be paying attention.

I say that half-flippantly, but it's a serious distinction. Your car might be a technological marvel, but it has no idea what's going on in the minds of the drivers around you. We can see things about the other drivers around us that FSD software is completely oblivious to. I can see, for instance, when a driver is looking in the wrong direction and about to pull out into the road in front of me. Or when they have their phone in their hand and are animatedly arguing with someone, thus not being at full attention. These are just small examples.

All self-driving software is miles away from being anywhere near as good at predicting other driver behavior than even a new student driver. There's a reason even Tesla tells you that you need to keep alert and be ready to take over at all times.

I would hope you are mostly looking out the windshield, not the visualization. :)

The visualization is a video game. In the real world outside your car are people who are depending on you to be paying attention.

I say that half-flippantly, but it's a serious distinction. Your car might be a technological marvel, but it has no idea what's going on in the minds of the drivers around you. We can see things about the other drivers around us that FSD software is completely oblivious to. I can see, for instance, when a driver is looking in the wrong direction and about to pull out into the road in front of me. Or when they have their phone in their hand and are animatedly arguing with someone, thus not being at full attention. These are just small examples.

All self-driving software is miles away from being anywhere near as good at predicting other driver behavior than even a new student driver. There's a reason even Tesla tells you that you need to keep alert and be ready to take over at all times.
I think he was referring to the visualization while changing lanes in FSD. When you get the notification to change lanes in FSD it shows up on the visualization I think. And the visualization shows you the cars the Tesla sees. Then you press the turn signal and the blind spot camera shows up in the same place. So your attention is on the screen for part of the time. Of course it’s a good idea to check your mirrors too!

mirrors

The blind spot monitor should be a light in the side mirrors. Not a video that you look at at the center of the dashboard. Also Tesla doesnt give you a warning when a vehicle is in your blindspot. The video feed you see is in an awkward place on the center screen and is not very clear due to the flashing indicator lights. Its the WORST blindspot system in the business. My Lucid has both a light in the side mirror and a clear video you see in the instrument panel in front of the driver. No need to turn your head to look at it. One of the reasons my wife wants to get rid of her model 3....who would have thought a Tesla has the worst blindspot monitor!!! And they brag about their innovation and safety.

I prefer the blind spot camera personally. But different people prefer different things

I have the clear sight camera on my i pace which give me a nice view of the back, to the point where I didn’t need my side mirrors to see cars. So I moved them to cover the blind spots. So now I have no blind spots.

I check the clear sight camera. If I can see the car then I can move in front of it. Then I check the mirror to see if there is a vehicle I y “blind spot” (which no longer blind), then turn. No blind spot warning needed in the future!

1673206432536.png

You can configure a warning chime for the blind spot. I'm not advocating the abdication of manual driving hygiene, rather I am explaining how they can be used and in so doing increase safety for yourself and everybody around you. The assertion that Tesla doesn't have a "proper blind spot monitor" is nonsense. It has a BSM and it works just as effectively as any other BSM, if the Tesla BSM was such a dealbreaker then it's a shame you didn't do enough research into the vehicle's features before purchasing it.

What would Elon do ? Why, he'd go back on his word, take a Twitter poll for approval, and do the wrong thing.

Elon and Peter. which engineer can build you a nice car ?

Everytime someone post: which car? I say: "you should get the crappy car." (they know which one you mean).

What would Elon do ? Why, he'd go back on his word, take a Twitter poll for approval, and do the wrong thing.

Elon and Peter. which engineer can build you a nice car ?

Everytime someone post: which car? I say: "you should get the crappy car." (they know which one you mean).
A FISKER?

When I purchased my first Tesla Model S it was unique and they were barely around. After my Last 2022 Model S I was just tired of having the same vehicle with minor tweaks and also tired of seeing the same vehicle everywhere. My AGT stands out and I get compliments everywhere I go and that was the feeling I originally had with my first Model S and I am enjoying the ride much better. The Lucid rides smoother and is so much quieter than the Model S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back