Another Hopeful NC Noob

Mister H

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
I am glad to have a resource like this well-run forum, especially sine I am new to electric cars. like another NC Noob, I am hopeful my early troubles get resolved soon. Here is my story so far:

Purchased white 2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD used (1658 miles) from Da Vinci Automotive, Jacksonville, Florida May 31, 2024. Received Florida Title July 1. The car is garaged in Pinehurst, NC. Registered car in NC on July 1. At Lucid Motors instructions, I emailed them the registration, bill of sale and drivers licenses on July 1. I promptly received email confirmation of their receipt by Lucid with a promise to get back to me in about two hours. After calling them every other day for over two weeks, I am told the previous owner owes them some money so they can't register me, link my mobile app, or give me my Owner's ID until they settle their beef with the previous owner. Sounds fishy to me. Why is their beef with the previous owner my problem? Thoughts?

Other than that, I am loving this car!

ReportEdit

Attachments

• 2023 LAPAWD 1.jpeg
    2023 LAPAWD 1.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 2023 LAPAWD 2.jpeg
    2023 LAPAWD 2.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 2023 LAPAWD 3.jpeg
    2023 LAPAWD 3.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 39
I agree with you that if you have clean title, this should not be your problem.

I am glad to have a resource like this well-run forum, especially sine I am new to electric cars. like another NC Noob, I am hopeful my early troubles get resolved soon. Here is my story so far:

Purchased white 2023 Lucid Air Pure AWD used (1658 miles) from Da Vinci Automotive, Jacksonville, Florida May 31, 2024. Received Florida Title July 1. The car is garaged in Pinehurst, NC. Registered car in NC on July 1. At Lucid Motors instructions, I emailed them the registration, bill of sale and drivers licenses on July 1. I promptly received email confirmation of their receipt by Lucid with a promise to get back to me in about two hours. After calling them every other day for over two weeks, I am told the previous owner owes them some money so they can't register me, link my mobile app, or give me my Owner's ID until they settle their beef with the previous owner. Sounds fishy to me. Why is their beef with the previous owner my problem? Thoughts?

Other than that, I am loving this car!

ReportEdit
You mentioned "registration, bill of sale" but not title. Is the title clean without any lien holders?

You mentioned "registration, bill of sale" but not title. Is the title clean without any lien holders?
Typically the new owner can’t register the vehicle without owning the vehicle thus a transfer of title should have happened which also means that there shouldn’t be a lien holder.

Typically the new owner can’t register the vehicle without owning the vehicle thus a transfer of title should have happened which also means that there shouldn’t be a lien holder.
In that case, I agree that Lucid should go after the previous owner to collect the debt and not deny the rights of the subsequent owners to the proper warranty and service including the app access.

In that case, I agree that Lucid should go after the previous owner to collect the debt and not deny the rights of the subsequent owners to the proper warranty and service including the app access.
But you need to discourage the sale of the car or at least devalue it if owed money by original owner.

UPDATE
Thanks to all for validating my concern. Yes, I do have a clean title - no liens. I am happy to report the Lucid Motors finally did the right thing and linked my app.

This was only to disclose a new gripe. My “mobile key” is way to slow unlocking doors. Sometime I can stand at the door for 10 seconds with my mobile in my hand and awake before the doors unlock. Bitch, bitch, bitch.

UPDATE
Thanks to all for validating my concern. Yes, I do have a clean title - no liens. I am happy to report the Lucid Motors finally did the right thing and linked my app.

This was only to disclose a new gripe. My “mobile key” is way to slow unlocking doors. Sometime I can stand at the door for 10 seconds with my mobile in my hand and awake before the doors unlock. Bitch, bitch, bitch.
Iphone or Android?

IPhone

Just try tapping your screen before you approach the car. If the phone is in a sleep state the BT antenna doesn't transmit the signal constantly.

Thanks for that. A quick test worked as you suggested. On the other hand, I carry my house keys in my pocket when I leave, so carrying a fob is no real change in behavior. I suppose if I am brave enough, I could stop carrying house keys - and the fob, and rely on my mobile. That would be great.

Being a novice to electric cars is full of new behaviors.

We use the fob exclusively, rather than the mobile key, as it is very reliable and doesn't cause profile confusion. We have two small Faraday bags for the fobs. We take the one we want to use out of its bag.

Either way, best to keep the "valet card" in your wallet as a backup.

Thanks Deane G. Regarding the "valet card", Is it best practice to give the card to the valet as well as the PIN? I can imagine problems such as:

Valet shift change. Next valet doesn't have the PIN.
The PIN is written on a scrap of paper which then gets lost.

I imagine you guys who have been living with your EVs for awhile, have methods that work for a valet.

Thanks Deane G. Regarding the "valet card", Is it best practice to give the card to the valet as well as the PIN?...
Right, the card is inappropriately named. I think of it as my emergency card. I haven't ever given my Air to a valet.

Thanks to you all. Seems that the best practice is to give the valet the fob. Simple and straightforward. By the way I should have searched for “valet” rather than asking in this forum. There are many other threads in other forums that come to the same conclusion. Thanks again.

Back