Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Interesting tidbit regarding Android Automotive...

This screenshot is too perfect, so I'm just going to quote the Android Automotive review: "the big shocker for me—and a complete deal breaker for Android Automotive—was the complete lack of a split-screen mode. The Polestar 2 has an 11-inch touchscreen, and it can't show maps and music at the same time. That is inexcusable. Android Auto, the projected car interface that runs on your smartphone, has split-screen support, and that's on much smaller displays than the Polestar's giant 11-inch tablet. Why is this option missing from the full OS? The complete lack of multitasking made AAOS feel shockingly limited and made it kind of a pain to use. It felt like a complete waste of Android and of the luxurious touchscreen. At times I longed for my usual split-screen smartphone setup, just so I could see and control everything at once."

Supposedly, the Polestar 3 has split screen in the UI, which means Android Automotive in a newer version supports it. Let's hope we get that functionality "soon."

We've had a Polestar 2 for several months now. Honestly I think it's the best UI I've seen in a car. One of the big benefits with the integrated Android Operating system is you can download a lot of their apps. For example I have "A Better Route Planner" and several other nice apps. Also the Google voice recognition is the best I've seen.

In terms of a split screen, it's true you can't display music and Google Maps on the main screen at the same time. However, you can always view your map with route guidance on the main instrument cluster.

IMG_4638.jpeg

IMG_4639.jpeg

Although, I love the customization, is it just me or does it somehow look less "refined?"

Back