Android Auto ...

magesh

Cars
X7 M60i, AGT
I see a separate thread for Carplay & trying to read through 20+ pages, while it meandered off topic a couple of times and trapping myself into it :rolleyes:, I saw nothing regarding Android Auto availability / implementation anywhere else, while searching the forum. (If there, please share URL).

Does the car support, wired / wireless, Android Auto?
Are you, current owners with Android phones, able to plug the car into an Android Auto supported USB port and bring up Android Auto on the screen?

TIA for your responses.

I cannot answer your android question but unfortunately at the present time the USB port only charges. Bummer!

AA SHOULD be released same time with CarPlay. As you can tell, the AA folk are a lot more patient :p

LOL ... I drafted a response to @hydbob and held back, since it was in the same vein as yours, @SDHacker.
Yeah, us 2nd class citizens have to feed of the crumbs that fall off the top floor.🙄. I have seen this on my Tesla releases.
But on the bright side, we do know how to tinker around those short comings. 😜

Well, we have been classified as proletarians by the bourgeoisie Apple owners so our expectations/aspirations are low.
I thought they said "peasants". Feeling better being a member of the proletariat! Gotta go look that up now.

ANDROID AUTO NOW, ANDROID AUTO NOW, ANDROID AUTO NOW, ANDROID AUTO NOW!

:cool: ;)

Shhh…… relax……. It’s ok…… it will come……. At some point 😂

1657673835539.png

This may make you happy. Pulled from the other thread but you can see Android Auto is also included.

G
View attachment 3427
This may make you happy. Pulled from the other thread but you can see Android Auto is also included.

There is so much wrong with this photo, though. The icon for Apple Carplay & Android Auto is grayed out, the fact that it uses an & rather than an 'and' when the line underneath it uses 'and'... I'm still very skeptical. The fact that the blacked out name is a slanted box, meaning the poster took the time to actually orient the box correctly rather than just slapping a rectangle on there...

G

There is so much wrong with this photo, though. The icon for Apple Carplay & Android Auto is grayed out, the fact that it uses an & rather than an 'and' when the line underneath it uses 'and'... I'm still very skeptical. The fact that the blacked out name is a slanted box, meaning the poster took the time to actually orient the box correctly rather than just slapping a rectangle on there...
I believe it, I saw the other screenshots before he removed them. He was really there, I believe.

I believe it, I saw the other screenshots before he removed them. He was really there, I believe.
OK, well, I'm going to remain skeptical and we'll see who ends up right. :) We should make a friendly wager. :)

OK, well, I'm going to remain skeptical and we'll see who ends up right. :) We should make a friendly wager. :)
I'll bite, but first you need to disclose if you have a conversation about this with @Paladin732 first...

G

What sealed it for me being a fake is that the pilot panel shows an iPhone 8+. What self respecting Apple user would put it out there that he still has such an old phone? That would make any Apple owner suspicious.

I'll bite, but first you need to disclose if you have a conversation about this with @Paladin732 first...
Lame.

We have already spoken about this in our super secret exclusive SFBay area Telegram (With join links all over the forum :) )

Back