Android Auto Thursday

@tgerdes I think Lucid's software team has their hands full with getting Gravity's new UX3.0 software fully baked in time for the car's introduction. Lucid need the Gravity to be very well received, and to ship in large volumes. They can't afford to have incomplete software drag down Gravity's reviews. So I wouldn't expect AA to be available for at least several months. If I were them I'd just integrate it into UX3.0 rather than taking time on UX2.0 and having to do it again six months later.

We're a longtime Android household ever since it was introduced. But I herd the whispers and decided to temporarily switch my wife and I to iPhones until Google Maps or Android Auto is available on our Lucid. We use the car primarily for long trips, and we need reliable, accurate navigation, so Google.

What I found was that by using all Google apps on the iPhone, rather than Apple's, it's tolerable, and you're still using Google's cloud ecosystem. After a couple months with the iPhone, my wife has changed back to her Pixel 7, but I can live with my iPhone until AA comes to the Air, or we get a different car. There are occasional quirks, like getting a calendar notification from Apple's calendar app even though the app isn't installed on the phone. But mostly, it's fine.

What I did is outlined in the post below. You can switch back and forth, with the only downside being loss of past text messages received on the other phone.

I seriously suggest you consider an iPhone. People get very territorial about this but it is currently the only way to achieve the goals you have.
@Bobby That is a very reasonable and logical take! Unfortunately that goes against what I believe in 😬. I'll just keep my phone mounted for now.

@tgerdes I think Lucid's software team has their hands full with getting Gravity's new UX3.0 software fully baked in time for the car's introduction. Lucid need the Gravity to be very well received, and to ship in large volumes. They can't afford to have incomplete software drag down Gravity's reviews. So I wouldn't expect AA to be available for at least several months. If I were them I'd just integrate it into UX3.0 rather than taking time on UX2.0 and having to do it again six months later.
Thanks for the information @DeaneG! If my experience with the Air was good I was planning to get my wife a Gravity. Do you know when the Gravity is going to be available? The internet says late 2024, which is bad news if that is what is holding up AA.

@Bobby That is a very reasonable and logical take! Unfortunately that goes against what I believe in 😬. I'll just keep my phone mounted for now.

Thanks for the information @DeaneG! If my experience with the Air was good I was planning to get my wife a Gravity. Do you know when the Gravity is going to be available? The internet says late 2024, which is bad news if that is what is holding up AA.
There are rumors that UX 3.0 (the os in gravity) will come to the air before gravity's launch, so I wouldn't assume late 2024!

There are rumors that UX 3.0 (the os in gravity) will come to the air before gravity's launch, so I wouldn't assume late 2024!
Currently there is no factual basis to there rumors. I hope they are true though!

For the sake of Lucid's good financial future I would rather have them focus on Gravity. I am fine with my cup holder mount and Bluetooth audio without Android in Air. I will not let the car dictate what phone I want.

...I will not let the car dictate what phone I want.
I didn't let the car dictate which phone I want, but I did buckle and let it dictate which phone I use! 😱

If phone integration is really important to you, and you have committed to Lucid, I seriously suggest you consider an iPhone. People get very territorial about this but it is currently the only way to achieve the goals you have.
did you call it a goal? seriously

Welcome to the forum. Odd post for a brand new member. Oh well.
Anyhow, his goal was tight integration of phone functions with the car, especially when it comes to navigation.
I don’t even have an Android and it’s still irritates me they haven’t come out with AA yet. That said, that is the current reality, like it or not.

Does that mean it isnt a goal and we should ignore what the other person wants?

Lucid doesnt have AA yet. "OP" wanted phone integration with android. As Lucid doesnt have it, to achieve the goals of phone integration, he could switch to a iphone as described to use carplay.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!

Just remember that "Patience is the master key to every situation. One must have sympathy for everything, surrender to everything, but at the same time remain patient and forbearing." – Franz Kafka

might be possible it will be available in 2024, i think we will test it in 2035

I keep repeating to myself....

"Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting." - Joyce Meyer

Anyone know if AA has been discussed on the Gravity? If not it doesn't bode well...

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!

Just remember that "Patience is the master key to every situation. One must have sympathy for everything, surrender to everything, but at the same time remain patient and forbearing." – Franz Kafka
I surrender. I got nothing. No AA, no patience, no car (in service), no quotes, no GIFs… nothing. See you all next Thursday.

True. I voted for it too.

My *guess* is that the number of true Android users for Lucid is less than 10%

Won’t stay that way forever, and especially in Saudi
Some of us are bilingual

I don't know what else we should do here, I've tried nothing and still had no success

If phone integration is really important to you, and you have committed to Lucid, I seriously suggest you consider an iPhone. People get very territorial about this but it is currently the only way to achieve the goals you have.
I switched to iphone this week after using Samsung phones for the last 10 years. Partially for work, partially to better integrate with apple TVs at home and with family members, but also because I got tired of waiting for Android Auto. It's a sad day. But I do like the wireless Carplay.

I switched to iphone this week after using Samsung phones for the last 10 years. Partially for work, partially to better integrate with apple TVs at home and with family members, but also because I got tired of waiting for Android Auto. It's a sad day. But I do like the wireless Carplay.
1706411561497.gif

Back