Android Auto Thursday

Shout out to Bocabob! Got it working. A little slow to boot up but amazing little device. Thanks brother!!
Which Carlinkit kit did you order? I am confused. Looks like the QCM6125 Android 13 8g + 128g AI box may be correct. Thanks in advance for your help.

Which Carlinkit kit did you order? I am confused. Looks like the QCM6125 Android 13 8g + 128g AI box may be correct. Thanks in advance for your help.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!

Just remember that “Patience is power. Patience is not an absence of action; rather it is “timing”. It waits on the right time to act, for the right principles and in the right way.” - Fulton J. Sheen

1000011711.gif

@Bocabob @gldman Now that you've been using this for a while, what is your review? I was thinking about getting myself a present for the upcoming holidays. Any info would be appreciated.

Definitely not how it went. Did not activate AA on my phone at all, did not set it up.
Received a replacement, played more, found were the problem was. I had to go manually into the Settings => Bluetooth => Connect to Android Auto on the bottom. After a few unit and phone reboots it works now, but I have to go through this process every time. It is no quick, no reboots, but Android Auto does not start automatically, have to go through a short three click process. A bit annoying, but better than it was.

@Bocabob @gldman Now that you've been using this for a while, what is your review? I was thinking about getting myself a present for the upcoming holidays. Any info would be appreciat
I've had my unit now for about 3 months works fine Android auto loads by itself as long the car is fully loaded.... I have no complaints

I've had my unit now for about 3 months works fine Android auto loads by itself as long the car is fully loaded.... I have no complaints
@Bocabob do you have to go thru the 3 step process that @msav2000 mentioned just above your comment?

@Bocabob do you have to go thru the 3 step process that @msav2000 mentioned just above your comment?
Nope as long as your phone is unlocked and the car is booted yes sometimes I have to reboot the device because of timing issues but other than that I have no complaints... Also Android auto sometimes has problems on its own just received an Android auto update hopefully it'll take care I've titled not loading I have to load it on my phone first so it starts to work through the car but that's been since the last release of Android auto hopefully they fix that issue

Does anybody know who is working on it and how big the team is? I hadn't been looking at the job listings in the past so I don't know if this is a new one or how many positions had been filled in the past:

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!

Wishing Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones. Extending good health, good times, and a good life.

Good thing Lucid has the Apple project done! BTW... Apple is under 58% of the US market. Not that far ahead of Android. Lucid seems to have trouble prioritizing their software projects. Where is our automated driving app for which I paid $10K? All the competitors have it now....

Good thing Lucid has the Apple project done! BTW... Apple is under 58% of the US market. Not that far ahead of Android. Lucid seems to have trouble prioritizing their software projects. Where is our automated driving app for which I paid $10K? All the competitors have it now....
Except you aren’t factoring in the percentage split of PEOPLE WHO BUY THE LUCID: Apple makes up 65-70 percent of lucid owners. In addition, almost 90 percent of teenagers have iphones, and young audiences are more important. Also, what do “all the competitors” have over lucid other than the same level 2?

Entitled bitching.. And your title is clickbait.

Perhaps majority of Lucid target market uses Apple. But they should have Android Auto. Not sure what the delay is. Unless Lucid wants to go all in Apple using Carplay 2.0 and have a contractual obligation not to use Android Auto.

Looks very similar to how the Gravity interface- https://www.autoevolution.com/news/apple-teases-major-carplay-announcement-for-late-2023-221888.html

Except you aren’t factoring in the percentage split of PEOPLE WHO BUY THE LUCID: Apple makes up 65-70 percent of lucid owners. In addition, almost 90 percent of teenagers have iphones, and young audiences are more important. Also, what do “all the competitors” have over lucid other than the same level 2?

Entitled bitching.. And your title is clickbait.
Too bad you feel this way. I am quoting real numbers, your numbers seem made up. If you want to see how automated driving should work watch this video:

Too bad you feel this way. I am quoting real numbers, your numbers seem made up. If you want to see how automated driving should work watch this video:
We aren't going down this Lucid vs Tesla road again.

I know for a fact the Apple owner % is significantlty higher than what was polled on the forum.

Back