Android Auto Thursday

Just go into setup I'm not in the car right now and I'm not near it so I can't check but in setup you can do a factory reset like you would reset your phone don't worry about that password reset

Just go into setup I'm not in the car right now and I'm not near it so I can't check but in setup you can do a factory reset like you would reset your phone don't worry about that password reset
That is where I am, at Factory Reset. Asks for the password.

It looks like you are driving. Please, stay safe, there is no rush, I can wait. In a meantime, I ask support for help with a full video.

FWIW, as an alternative to waiting for Android Auto or a third-party box, it's not that bad switching to an iPhone and using Carplay. We did this a month ago and it's working out fine. It's quite a relief to be able to use Google Maps or Apple Maps in the Lucid.

On the iPhones, we're mostly using Google's apps instead of Apple's (Google Mail, Google Calendar, Chrome, Google Maps, Google Photos, etc), though we are using iMessage. The phone can be just a hardware choice. IMO Apple's watch seems to be better integrated to the iPhone than Google's watch is to it's phones. Apple's Pro earbuds seem roughly the equivalent of Google's, neither appreciably better nor worse.

FWIW, as an alternative to waiting for Android Auto or a third-party box, it's not that bad switching to an iPhone and using Carplay. We did this a month ago and it's working out fine. It's quite a relief to be able to use Google Maps or Apple Maps in the Lucid.

On the iPhones, we're mostly using Google's apps instead of Apple's (Google Mail, Google Calendar, Chrome, Google Maps, Google Photos, etc), though we are using iMessage. The phone can be just a hardware choice. IMO Apple's watch seems to be better integrated to the iPhone than Google's watch is to it's phones. Apple's Pro earbuds seem roughly the equivalent of Google's, neither appreciably better nor worse.
I have a cheap iPhone (refurbished 12 I think) that I'm using for this. I have my android device as a hotspot and then use carplay through the iPhone. Annoying workaround. Just give us Android auto as promised!!! 🤞😁

So I have done the reset you were talking about, it is in a different place. Did not change a thing, still no phone or Spotify. Pretty much it looks like the Carlinkit takes over the Bluetooth connection, although it is never connected via Bluetooth.

Attachments

• 20231112_010705.jpg
    20231112_010705.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
Thank you much! The password is correct, but still no effect. Exchanging the unit now, hopefully this will help.

Still no response from the suppo
Did you reinstall all the apps and playstore sounds like software not hardware very little can go wrong unless bluetooth is dead

Did you reinstall all the apps and playstore sounds like software not hardware very little can go wrong unless bluetooth is dead
I have not installed, deleted, or reinstalled any apps. The main apps for me are Waze and Spotify, they both are pre-installed, as you know. I did not bother connecting my Google account even, all other functionality is secondary for me in the car. Spotify I didn't bother to login into initially either, as the car was connected to my phone and played music from there. In my attempts to fix the problem, I did log in into the Spotify on the Carlinkit, but no difference as the phone would not pair with it.

I totally agree it is likely a SW, not a HW problem, but it seems like I tried everything I (and others) could think of, not worth to continue wasting time and frustrating myself. The system worked fine the first day, it is easier to start from scratch at this point.

I find if you clear the phone also as per bluetooth and wireless it fixs alot of pain :cool:

I find if you clear the phone also as per bluetooth and wireless it fixs alot of pain :cool:
You mean unpair from the car? Did that, no change.

Carlinkit just gobbles up the connection. If I force the phone connection manually, CarPlay option disappears. If I click on it, the phone disconnects. Either/or situation.

Attachments

• 20231112_010705.jpg
    20231112_010705.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
forget all connections and disconect bluetooth then reboot your phone let the box do it magic be patientit invokes the connections do not connect in the android partion it sound to me you trying to connect yourself and overide the software maybe the problem

forget all connections and disconect bluetooth then reboot your phone let the box do it magic be patientit invokes the connections do not connect in the android partion it sound to me you trying to connect yourself and overide the software maybe the problem
Sorry, this is not very clear without commas and periods. Here is what I understood, please let me know if this is wrong:

- Unpair the car from the phone
- Reboot the phone
- Start the Box
- Re-pair the phone to the car

I have tried to override just because not overriding hasn't worked.

dont repair to the car just let the box do its thing first see what happens i do not pair to the car ....i run through the box only

dont repair to the car just let the box do its thing first see what happens i do not pair to the car ....i run through the box only
I'll try that, but so far the box wouldn't let me to pair Bluetooth to it. Unless, I have to run it via WiFi, as I do with my AAWireless dongle in my Mercedes, but the phone doesn't see any WiFi network from the box either.

But whatever the communication protocol, devices need to be connected. Did you connect to the box via Bluetooth or via WiFi? Again, in my case there is no WiFi network with box showing as a router. Bluetooth doesn't pair. I can use Spotify on the box with Waze on its SIM, but then I have no calls on hands-free.

it connects via wifi by the software in the box it looks for aa and links your phone the box connects the usb to carplay the software does the lifitng

it connects via wifi by the software in the box it looks for aa and links your phone the box connects the usb to carplay the software does the lifitng
Definitely not how it went. Did not activate AA on my phone at all, did not set it up.

Back