Android Auto Thursday

Wait, so it doesnt even say "compatible" anymore? When was this change noticed?

Considering that polestar didnt have android auto for a long time, I wonder if it is just a byproduct of android automotive. I'm not a software expert, more like a software idiot, but maybe you can't run android inside android?

To be fair, if we just added the play store and google maps to the car all our AA issues would be fixed.

Polestar has all Android tablet interface, it did have Android Auto at start, but going 3rd year to have Apple CarPlay to be finally implemented. Perhaps, you meant Apple CarPlay?

Polestar has all Android tablet interface, it did have Android Auto at start, but going 3rd year to have Apple CarPlay to be finally implemented. Perhaps, you meant Apple CarPlay?
Yes, I did mean apple carplay. That means my thesis is invalidated, but it does give a frame of reference considering they are the exact opposite.

I just ordered a new EZGo golf cart and it comes with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. I guess Textron has more clout than Lucid. I was totally surprised but the newer golf carts have lots of features now. I only wish it could hit my 60 degree wedge for me!!!!

I just ordered a new EZGo golf cart and it comes with both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. I guess Textron has more clout than Lucid. I was totally surprised but the newer golf carts have lots of features now. I only wish it could hit my 60 degree wedge for me!!!!
I wonder who thought "Oh yes, we need carplay in a golf cart!"

I wonder if my Rangefinder app would work through Android auto in a golf cart LOL

I wonder if my Rangefinder app would work through Android auto in a golf cart LOL
Unrelated thought, but why doesnt Rivian make a golf cart with legitimate off road chops? That would be fun to play with...

Too good to be true. Would DA's have this info? Don't give me hope!
I honestly don't know how true it is. But the Seattle service center actually has Lucid offices on top with some software people. During delivery, the DA was writing down every comment I had that I wish the UI had (most of it coming from this forum) and he said there is an official channel up the chain he's sending it to, and for more important and urgent issues he has a direct connection :). Here's hoping!!!! And I hope AA can stay on the top screen and I can do music or what not on the bottom screen (is that how carplay works now?).

I honestly don't know how true it is. But the Seattle service center actually has Lucid offices on top with some software people. During delivery, the DA was writing down every comment I had that I wish the UI had (most of it coming from this forum) and he said there is an official channel up the chain he's sending it to, and for more important and urgent issues he has a direct connection :). Here's hoping!!!! And I hope AA can stay on the top screen and I can do music or what not on the bottom screen (is that how carplay works now?).
currently CarPlay doesn't work like that.

My service advisor refused to comment on AA, other than to say that it is in the works.

He must not be well connected 😁

Aww, you tricked me into thinking Lucid finally came out with Android Auto. Well when you put your golf cart in Sprint mode, let us know the time between holes 😜

Thanks for the advice... so far I'm using the AA mirroring and I really like it.
I should download the update though, because so far this week my one issue is that it's not starting up consistently. Sometimes I have unplug/plug into the USB, but since we all know it's an awkward location, hard to get my hand into the space...

I think the price is worthwhile, but I do want to give it a few more days to see if the update fixes the lack of auto connection to my phone.
I positioned mine with the ports facing up in the phone holder on the right in the center area, this way I can unplug the cord directly from the device, even without looking.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!!!

Just remember that "Patience can’t be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it." - Eknath Easwaran
I would say otherwise, as I had to go to the doctor that told me to workout in 2 day stretches! 😂

Lucid clearly does not care about its customers with Android phones. I have a suggestion - why don't we apply some pressure? Let's ask about it in company's social media. Maybe if they see 20-30 comments "When Android Auto?" under each post, they will start paying attention. At this point this lame "Let's patiently wait another week" discussion has gotten old.

It is a shame when company selling luxury vehicles often north of 6 digits doesn't care about very basic for 2023 functionality standard on every Kia, Honda, and Ford.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231011_080733_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20231011_080733_Instagram.jpg
    357.3 KB · Views: 60
Lucid clearly does not care about its customers with Android phones. I have a suggestion - why don't we apply some pressure? Let's ask about it in company's social media. Maybe if they see 20-30 comments "When Android Auto?" under each post, they will start paying attention. At this point this lame "Let's patiently wait another week" discussion has gotten old.

It is a shame when company selling luxury vehicles often north of 6 digits doesn't care about very basic for 2023 functionality standard on every Kia, Honda, and Ford.
It'll come when it comes. They know there's a large number of people waiting impatiently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here we go again... I am not repeating what I said for the third time so just go to my post in the top of the 21st(last) page of this thread. For the love of god, STOP COMPARING THE PRICES!! A model s doesnt have AA or carplay, and neither do GM and cadillac. What do you say to that? It will be coming soon.

Back