Android Auto Thursday

I wonder if anyone on this forum ever try those Android Auto Wireless Adapters like this one:

It says all you need is to have the car with Factory Car Play and it will covert Car Play to Android Auto.

I've emailed the manufacture several times now to see if they've tested them on a Lucid and so far got nothing back.

I wonder if anyone on this forum ever try those Android Auto Wireless Adapters like this one:

It says all you need is to have the car with Factory Car Play and it will covert Car Play to Android Auto.

I've emailed the manufacture several times now to see if they've tested them on a Lucid and so far got nothing back.
Someone tested with Carlinkit and it worked great:

https://lucidowners.com/threads/carplay-is-here-megathread.5143/post-129092

Yes...that is for Apple Carplay, and NOT Android Auto.

The Wireless Adapter that I'm interested in supposedly can convert existing Apple Carplay in the Lucid into Android Auto. Except I don't know if it will work in a Lucid yet.
Just make sure you can return it… Buy it and report back!

Yes...that is for Apple Carplay, and NOT Android Auto.

The Wireless Adapter that I'm interested in supposedly can convert existing Apple Carplay in the Lucid into Android Auto. Except I don't know if it will work in a Lucid yet.
The carlinkit kit mentioned has the ability to act as a host for AA as well, I ordered one to try and will let you know how it goes

The carlinkit kit mentioned has the ability to act as a host for AA as well, I ordered one to try and will let you know how it goes

Eagerly awaiting your experience with Carlinkit.

The adapter that I'm interested in does offer refund, but I will have to pay shipping back + 4% restock fee, and they don't sell in on Amazon so more difficult to return unfortunately.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!

Just remember that “Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in mind.” ― David G. Allen

/insert do something gif

Lucid vehicles run Android Automotive OS. The article describes one path Lucid could have chosen with Google's Maps. We could have had tightly integrated Google Maps, and more options, Including Google Assistant and Waze, if Lucid would have licensed Google Automotive Services (GAS).

Instead, Lucid decided to invest in developing their own navigation system.

Maybe Lucid management will change their minds and license GAS. We can only hope.

"The main difference being that being installed on the car, rather than an external device like a smartphone, means it can access data from all the car’s systems — including battery percentages and range. That means in-car navigation can account for charging in route planning, and adapt to any changes that happen in real time. Google Maps on Android Automotive OS can do this. "

I don't know about all of you, but I'm running out of creative and witty things to post here on Thursdays :rolleyes:
#dreAAm

Lucid vehicles run Android Automotive OS. The article describes one path Lucid could have chosen with Google's Maps. We could have had tightly integrated Google Maps, and more options, Including Google Assistant and Waze, if Lucid would have licensed Google Automotive Services (GAS).

Instead, Lucid decided to invest in developing their own navigation system.

Maybe Lucid management will change their minds and license GAS. We can only hope.

"The main difference being that being installed on the car, rather than an external device like a smartphone, means it can access data from all the car’s systems — including battery percentages and range. That means in-car navigation can account for charging in route planning, and adapt to any changes that happen in real time. Google Maps on Android Automotive OS can do this. "
Licensing can be prohibitively expensive. I would argue there have been great strides in the Navigation system with recent updates.

To risk repeating and beating a dead horse, we have no idea what features planned were compatible with Google's API and ecosystem. Between price and possible incompatibility, Lucid has decided the long term play to be going with HERE (correct name? can't remember).

I don't know about all of you, but I'm running out of creative and witty things to post here on Thursdays :rolleyes:
#dreAAm
Yup...
waiting.gif
#dreAAm

#dreAAm
Given they still seem to be struggling to get the entire fleet of cars onto 2.1.x, I don't think AA is in the cards for now. Even if it were the next top item on the priority list and they are about finished with it, they have to get the remaining cars off 2.0.71 first.

Given they still seem to be struggling to get the entire fleet of cars onto 2.1.x, I don't think AA is in the cards for now. Even if it were the next top item on the priority list and they are about finished with it, they have to get the remaining cars off 2.0.71 first.
Yeah. I get it. I didn't actually have my hopes up lol. As much as I want AA, I understand there are probably much more important issues that require the available resources

At this point I believe that we will not see AA until the release of UX 3.0 due to other higher priorities.

It does definitely seem like they need to invest in more software engineers.

One thing I would point out is the prevalence of Android in Europe and with Lucid shipping now in that market, the priority is probably quite high.
All of that being said, I haven't had AA in my Tesla and while its a little annoying, its not a show stopper, so the delay is not terrible.

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!

Just remember that "The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it." - Arnold H. Glasow

Back