• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Android Auto Thursday

Aside from Android Auto, is it my imagination or is the pace of Lucid updates dramatically slowing down? Admittedly, Lucid has corrected most of the most glaring and/or critical software problems, but it sure seems that a long list of desirable fixes and corrections remain.

Aside from Android Auto, is it my imagination or is the pace of Lucid updates dramatically slowing down? Admittedly, Lucid has corrected most of the most glaring and/or critical software problems, but it sure seems that a long list of desirable fixes and corrections remain.
but the size of the updates went up. it seems deliberate i.e, slower but more feature rich updates.

Every time the longer the wait we went thru, the bigger the update. It seems to me every 6~9 weeks a major one, and sometimes a few minor ones with opaque descriptions in between.

I think it's hard to judge right now, because the 2.1.x rollout went so poorly. It took them several weeks to straighten that out, and there are still some people reporting they don't have it yet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few small updates before they attempt anything that big again.

Though, I have to say, my car is humming along great with 2.1.15. Haven't seen any of the usual little bugs at all for a while.

mr-bean-waiting.gif
#dreAAm

This is a screenshot from www.lucidupdates.com.

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 10.25.29 AM.png

I think it's hard to judge right now, because the 2.1.x rollout went so poorly. It took them several weeks to straighten that out, and there are still some people reporting they don't have it yet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few small updates before they attempt anything that big again.

Though, I have to say, my car is humming along great with 2.1.15. Haven't seen any of the usual little bugs at all for a while.
Also 2.1.17 is coming soon. My mobile tech told me they're pushing in batches.

Lots of questions, will do my best to keep up:
1. Can you watch video streaming with it?
Yes, but because the box is actually able to run projection by itself so if you wifi hotspot to it or put in a sim card, it will play whatever you want on the screen and it has access to the full app store on android
2. How's it working?
I just got it last night and got it running, was a bit sluggish when first connected but after was surprisingly zippy, will update next week after I've gotten a chance to drive a bit.
3. Is that connecting to the car with a cable or Bluetooth?
I have the box connected with a cable but have the phone wireless to the box

Lots of questions, will do my best to keep up:
1. Can you watch video streaming with it?
Yes, but because the box is actually able to run projection by itself so if you wifi hotspot to it or put in a sim card, it will play whatever you want on the screen and it has access to the full app store on android
2. How's it working?
I just got it last night and got it running, was a bit sluggish when first connected but after was surprisingly zippy, will update next week after I've gotten a chance to drive a bit.
3. Is that connecting to the car with a cable or Bluetooth?
I have the box connected with a cable but have the phone wireless to the box
Now for the really dumb question. Is it plugged into the USB A port or the USB C port in the center console?

BTW the owners manual says I should have 2 USB C ports in the center console but I have one and a USB A which I am using for the radar detector

Now for the really dumb question. Is it plugged into the USB A port or the USB C port in the center console?

BTW the owners manual says I should have 2 USB C ports in the center console but I have one and a USB A which I am using for the radar detector
I have it plugged into the USBA port

Back