Android Auto Thursday

We are fine. Obviously, have more patience than the Apple folks šŸ˜

200w (1).gif
#dreAAm

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!!

Just remember that ā€œPatience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that is patience. The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.ā€ ā€• Leo Tolstoy

Here is to Lucid software development team.

B7174F35-D099-4632-A3C4-4BD6253B225D.jpeg

Just remember each day is one day closer and every Thursday is one week closer to AA in our Airs.

if an Apple partnership materializes, would the vehicles support Android auto? šŸ¤”

I think it'd be time to buy an iPhone. :(
Seems like a very long delay for them not to release it yet since the announcement. Wonder if they are intentionally stalling the release of Android auto

Seems like a very long delay for them not to release it yet since the announcement. Wonder if they are intentionally stalling the release of Android auto
Not likely. Itā€™s just priorities. If you peruse this forum for a while, youā€™ll see there are many, many features being requested in addition to AA. Not to mention dozens of bugs. Add to that the unique software demands for Sapphire and development work for Gravity, and you can quickly see how a small team could take longer than one might expect to get a feature out.

It will come. Eventually.

Not likely. Itā€™s just priorities.
You can certainly question the priorities and the decision making of Lucid software development management.

Lucid needs to do everything they possibly can to spur demand now for their vehicles. An addition to vehicle software functionality that helps sell more vehicles should be at the top of the development priority list. Android phones are dominant in market share worldwide. Android Auto would help sell more vehicles in the countries where Lucid is currently selling, and also help in future countries where Lucid will soon sell.

Not prioritizing the development Android Auto is just one of several questionable software development decisions from Lucid.

...Not prioritizing the development Android Auto is just one of several questionable software development decisions from Lucid.
We have no idea of Lucid's other internal priorities. For example, software to detect or prevent vehicle problems, or to make manufacturing easier, or to accommodate a parts different supplier, or to ship Sapphire, or enable engineering development and testing of Gravity.

In the USA, Lucid's first market, Android users are a distinct minority. The bulk of high end car owners use iPhones. BTW I'm an Android user and would very much like to be able to use Google Maps in my Air.

You can see many of what Lucid considers priorities in their recent software development releases.

You have to call it like it is. You can certainly question whether Android Auto is more important to Lucid sales than much of what they spent their development dollars on recently.

Android Auto should have been a relatively easy addition on top of Android Automotive. It just hasn't been a priority for Lucid for whatever reason.

In the USA, Lucid's first market, Android users are a distinct minority. The bulk of high end car owners use iPhones. BTW I'm an Android user and would very much like to be able to use Google Maps in my Air.
You can certainly respect Lucid's decision to implement Apple Carplay first. But you can really question whether Android Auto should have been the next priority development item.

You can certainly respect Lucid's decision to implement Apple Carplay first. But you can really question whether Android Auto should have been the next priority development item.
You have zero information on the demographics Lucid is selling to, or their current customer base. Not to mention the state of their software stack. Same for any of us. But if I had to venture a guess, the vast majority of Lucid Air owners are also iPhone users. So they prioritized accordingly.

If they had more Android users, or it was 50-50, they likely would have released AA by now.

You can crow as much as you want about what should or shouldnā€™t be easy, what should be done first, blah blah. But weā€™re not in the room, so all of what anyone says here will always boil down to Monday Morning Quarterbacking.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that Lucid should do Android Auto. When they do it something Lucid is in a much better position to answer than any of us.

I think it helps to assume the folks at Lucid arenā€™t complete morons. From there, itā€™s easy to logically conclude if they havenā€™t done something yet, thereā€™s likely a reason for it. You may not like the reason. But thereā€™s always a reason.

You miss my point. It doesn't matter how many Android or iOS users are current owners.

It's all about potential owners. And worldwide, there's no question there are more potential Android owners than iOS owners.

Knowing what I know about Lucid finances and current demand for Lucid vehicles, if I was Lucid's CEO I would be doing everything possible to help sell more cars. Adding Android Auto would help sell more cars.

Back