Android Auto Thursday

Excellent! Interesting that I didn't also get a phone call with my mention of Android Auto in my own survey but I'm glad to see someone did and we have progress! I'm looking forward to the possibility of having Andoid Auto before our next big road trip in December this year!

Lucid reached out to me this morning as a result of my recently completed survey. In my survey, I mentioned I was disappointed with the lack of Android Auto.

The representative assured me the development team was working on Android Auto. The ETA was the third or fourth quarter. He told me to expect it with the release of Gravity.

He even told me and a specific bug with Android Auto the development team was trying to fix.

I asked that he call me back in three months with a progress report, and he said he would.

It's good news that Lucid is working on Android Auto, and it's good news they are being more upfront on software development.
I hope this turns out to be true. But I would caution against getting one’s hopes up on any specific delivery date. Even a quarter.

I hope this turns out to be true. But I would caution against getting one’s hopes up on any specific delivery date. Even a quarter.
I can only relay what the Lucid rep told me. The ETA in the third or fourth quarter was a direct quote from him.

The details of the bug in Android Auto being worked by Lucid development that was described to me is promising.

This information was volunteered to me on a proactive call from Lucid to me. I did not ask for this information.

I can only relay what the Lucid rep told me. The ETA in the third or fourth quarter was a direct quote from him.

The details of the bug in Android Auto being worked by Lucid development that was described to me is promising.

This information was volunteered to me on a proactive call from Lucid to me. I did not ask for this information.
What was the bug?

What are you talking about? We go through this every Thursday so we're immune to missing expectations on AA. When it does land in our cars, that will be the day the 20% will rise in glory and overload this board.

let's see what they've got on this car ... Tropical Paradise ! I think I'll give it a try!

What was the bug?
The bug that was described to me is a specific issue with the latest version of Android Auto.

The latest version of Android Auto has recently been released in the last few weeks. It means that Lucid development is actively working on it if they have found a bug with the latest releae.

It also indicates that Android Auto was working in the Lucid test environment with previous versions of Android Auto before its latest release.

hmm. I have Android 14. Does this mean Android 15 is out and I just didn't get it yet? Ironic is my husband's phone (and android version) is so old, he couldn't even put the Lucid app on his phone (it wouldn't work!)

hmm. I have Android 14. Does this mean Android 15 is out and I just didn't get it yet? Ironic is my husband's phone (and android version) is so old, he couldn't even put the Lucid app on his phone (it wouldn't work!)
Just came out, but yes. And that's why you use iPhone ladies and gentlemen... 🤣

Just came out, but yes. And that's why you use iPhone ladies and gentlemen... 🤣
nope.. no iPhone for me thanks. To work with my Lucid better is not selling me on it either. I've seen my MILs issues she constantly has with her iPhone while the rest of the family has Android and can't even help her. After I forget how many years of Android, I just don't see myself wanting (or liking) the switch to an iPhone.

nope.. no iPhone for me thanks. To work with my Lucid better is not selling me on it either. I've seen my MILs issues she constantly has with her iPhone while the rest of the family has Android and can't even help her. After I forget how many years of Android, I just don't see myself wanting (or liking) the switch to an iPhone.
I tried an iPhone for 6 months and decided to go back to my old Pixel 7 pro. Much better now. I'll just deal with Lucid's nav until AA appears.

I tried an iPhone for 6 months and decided to go back to my old Pixel 7 pro. Much better now. I'll just deal with Lucid's nav until AA appears.
Thanks for this! I actually have a Pixel 6 Pro (so I'm behind the times so-to-speak but still have full support but am seriously considering the newest Pixel when it comes out this fall!)

Thanks for this! I actually have a Pixel 6 Pro (so I'm behind the times so-to-speak but still have full support but am seriously considering the newest Pixel when it comes out this fall!)
Pixel 6 Pro was a great phone. 7 and 8 are incremental improvements - you only missed some camera improvements. I'll be looking at the Pixel 9 this fall as well, and the larger Pixel watch 3.
I really like the Pixel series' clean, functional, reliable software. Much better IMO than iOS, which I found to be convoluted and buggy by comparison.

Pixel 6 Pro was a great phone. 7 and 8 are incremental improvements - you only missed some camera improvements. I'll be looking at the Pixel 9 this fall as well, and the larger PIxel watch 3.
The 6 was a great bargain when it came out, and was the first G phone to put Samsung on notice! (imo)

The design was also great, although to me they made it worse over time by adding those surrounds to the camera.

Pixel 6 Pro was a great phone. 7 and 8 are incremental improvements - you only missed some camera improvements. I'll be looking at the Pixel 9 this fall as well, and the larger Pixel watch 3.
I really like the Pixel series' clean, functional, reliable software. Much better IMO than iOS, which I found to be convoluted and buggy by comparison.
Thanks for this. I actually wanted to want the new Pixel 3 watch BUT my Fitbit Sense gives me 4 to 5 days on a charge still (started out almost 7 when I 1st got it) and the last time I checked, the Pixel watch has to be recharged every 24 hours essentially.. what a PITA! If it comes up with 7 days on a charge, my interest will be renewed!

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!

Just remember that "Endurance is the crowning quality, and patience all the passion of great hearts.” — James Russell Lowell

Happy Android Auto Thursday!!!!!

Just remember that "Endurance is the crowning quality, and patience all the passion of great hearts.” — James Russell Lowell
Come on @ec256, I can't work with a quote like that! That's like the end of a great speech given by a royal.

In the scientific work environment everything was PC based; all the programs we used were for PC.
I never saw the need to learn an inferior system.

Asked my son to help me find a replacement for my "It does nothing" flip phone, which I rarely had on my person.
He picked out the Pixel 8. His pitch was: "It doesn't do much. You'll love it."

he was correct.

and another thing: what's all this talk about Android Auto Thursday ?

1709828426478.jpeg

Back