An interesting observation

I believe they know the VIN numbers where the rings MIGHT have been installed -- not all released DE's.

According to service they will inspect all of them. But also, “As of now lucid is unaware of any cars that have been affected in a negative way.”

According to service they will inspect all of them. But also, “As of now lucid is unaware of any cars that have been affected in a negative way.”
The question now, of course, is what are we supposed to do until the inspections take place -- park it, go slow, avoid bumps and pot holes, run highways only, .....?

I have noticed some of that behavior here. But I must say, I have learned an incredible amount of information about the car, on this forum. Much of the information has been reasonable criticism and much has been effusive praise. The things I have learned have lead me to re- assess the timing of my delivery, and have not dulled the enthusiasm for the vehicle. In fact I have a call scheduled with my SA tomorrow to go over some important points, things I would have never even considered if not for all the great people on here sharing information.
Please let us know how that goes as I'm sure other people are in similar but maybe not as remote locations! Thank you in advance!

The question now, of course, is what are we supposed to do until the inspections take place -- park it, go slow, avoid bumps and pot holes, run highways

If you call customer care they can most likely get you an appt next day.

If you call customer care they can most likely get you an appt next day.
Unfortunately, the nearest service center is 12 hours away. They said someone will be calling me, so I'll just have to wait. No major problem. Was not planning a long trip, so I'm good.

I have noticed some of that behavior here. But I must say, I have learned an incredible amount of information about the car, on this forum. Much of the information has been reasonable criticism and much has been effusive praise. The things I have learned have lead me to re- assess the timing of my delivery, and have not dulled the enthusiasm for the vehicle. In fact I have a call scheduled with my SA tomorrow to go over some important points, things I would have never even considered if not for all the great people on sharing information.
Please let us know how that goes as I'm sure other people are in similar but maybe not as remote locations! Thank you in advance!
Yes, I have a call scheduled with him tomorrow morning and will post an update.

Decades ago I visited a popular commercial home audio enthusiast site to get info and chat about our hobby. They had sections for your particular question/interest, and it was fun and educational, but as more people found it the conversations became...you know. Then one day a moderator started posting about an independent place to chat...without saying what or where or how, just something like "meet us outside". You kinda had to know, or get invited, or something, but I found my way to it and it was chock full of smart, funny, audio sick people, who were so self-effacing about their hobby....well it was just fun and for a year or so there were no rules at all. We got so comfortable posting anything about anything with no consequences (the insiders were really good about seeing a line...those who crossed it just disappeared) that we'd forget you can't post like that, say, on places like this. Then the riff-raff found it and ruined it. Regression to the mean.

Why do these visitors do this? I think it's the juice they get, that little endorphin buzz of posting something they think will upset people or get them attention.

Last edited:
Decades ago I visited a popular commercial home audio enthusiast site to get info and chat about our hobby. They had sections for your particular question/interest, and it was fun and educational, but as more people found it the conversations became...you know. Then one day a moderator started posting about an independent place to chat...without saying what or where or how, just something like "meet us outside". You kinda had to know, or get invited, or something, but I found my way to it and it was chock full of smart, funny, audio sick people, who were so self-effacing about their hobby....well it was just fun and for a year or so there were no rules at all. We got so comfortable posting anything about anything with no consequences (the insiders were really good about seeing a line...those who crossed it just disappeared) that we'd forget you can't post like that, say, on places like this. Then the riff-raff found it and ruined it. Regression to the mean.

Why do these visitors do this? I think it's the juice they get, that little endorphin buzz of posting something they think will upset people or get them attention.
Meet us outside

Great, now I can’t get this song out of my head.

Back