Amazon Alexa skills with Lucid motors

I hate alexa because it has little to no integration with other products. At least with google, it works with other google products.

(and the fact that when i was younger, i told it to turn off the profanity filter to spell a song and it said something along the lines of "absolutely not, aren't you 8 years old or something?

the thing is, i WAS 8 years old, so that just completely creeped me out, there is truth to alexa listening in on conversations..)
I only use Alexa in the car, so I don't care what else it works with.
Alexa actually said that to you!! That really is very creepy. I've heard enough stories about Alexa knowing things that were discussed in the house to believe that it does listen to things it shouldn't. Actually, I do not have a smart home at all. We have to turn on lights, lock doors and set timers manually.

Alexa hands free is usually nice to me when I talk to her. The only thing it can't do that Google could is figure out sentences. If I tell her to send a message with more than one sentence, it comes out as one long series of words.
I know exactly what you are talking about comma and wouldn't it be nice if they addressed this question mark either way guess it is what it is period

We have to turn on lights, lock doors and set timers manually.
Same. I used to beg for a smart home when I was younger, but now that I am older I think it adds more complexity. We have nothing except a nest thermostat and 4 google homes placed across the house(which ALWAYS stay muted).

Alexa is so stupid that if I said “Alexa, unmute” while it was muted, it would probably do it… it was listening anyways, lol

Last edited:
I had a couple Echo Dots in my house (just for music or podcasts when roaming around), but I keep them unplugged most of the time. I did change my voice for Alexa to a nice New Zealand male, I think, and when in the car if he answers, I know Alexa is working. If the default woman's voice comes on, I know Alexa is out to lunch and can't do anything, and I manage my expectations accordingly. I tried setting up the skills a couple times, but they never worked (most likely user error).

Same. I used to beg for a smart home when I was younger, but now that I am older I think it adds more complexity. We have nothing except a nest thermostat and 4 google homes placed across the house(which ALWAYS stay muted).

Alexa is so stupid that if I said “Alexa, unmute” while it was muted, it would probably do it… it was listening anyways, lol
You just need Home Assistant. You do want a smart home, trust me - you just don’t want one that sucks.

You just need Home Assistant. You do want a smart home, trust me - you just don’t want one that sucks.
Believe me, I love smart homes and I have tried. But I don't want to be screaming at a black speaker "will you adjust my f#$@$@ temperature i'm burning to death because you set it to 90 when i said 70" while it says "Sorry, I cant help with that."

Also, why do smart fridges exist? Or stoves? I once saw a smart trash can...

Believe me, I love smart homes and I have tried. But I don't want to be screaming at a black speaker "will you adjust my f#$@$@ temperature i'm burning to death because you set it to 90 when i said 70" while it says "Sorry, I cant help with that."

Right, that's what I said. Go install home assistant and have yourself a good time.

Smart fridges can be helpful; need milk? add it automatically to the instacart list. The problem is that most companies add 'smart' to things people buy without any idea of how to make it useful; not that having internet connectivity for devices somehow 'makes them worse.'

Siri works much better, I find.
I agree here that Siri just works BUT it does not actually integrate with the car, only the iPhone AFAIK. Can you change car settings like volume, balance, heat, etc?

I agree here that Siri just works BUT it does not actually integrate with the car, only the iPhone AFAIK. Can you change car settings like volume, balance, heat, etc?
That's not Siri in the Lucid, unfortunately. You have to use Alexa for car controls. (Short press on the mic, rather than a long press for Siri.)

That's exactly why Amazon also makes white speakers.

I keep forgetting that Alexa can also answer standard questions that you would ask your phone or home device such as "what is the weather forecast for tomorrow?". I did this last week and also noticed it brings up a weather forecast graphic on the display...neat.

I keep forgetting that Alexa can also answer standard questions that you would ask your phone or home device such as "what is the weather forecast for tomorrow?". I did this last week and also noticed it brings up a weather forecast graphic on the display...neat.
There is much hate for Alexa, but I use it daily. My kids use it every morning on the way to school.

Attachments

• IMG_2471.png
    IMG_2471.png
    835.5 KB · Views: 45
😈🤘🏼

There’s some punk and hardcore and classic rock that influenced Metal in that one also…and most importantly Metal Star Wars!!!

Back