Air Pure reservations

The email also notes heated and ventilated seats as features availability on Touring but not Pure. I am hoping the Pure has at least heated seats (haven’t had a car without heated seats since 2002).
It would be a mistake on Lucid's part if there's no heated seats in the Pure, although I believe they'll be included. In the northeast, I run the heated seats in winter quite a bit to reduce the need for running the heat, which is a range killer, especially given the lack of a heat pump (through resistive heating).

It would be a mistake on Lucid's part if there's no heated seats in the Pure, although I believe they'll be included. In the northeast, I run the heated seats in winter quite a bit to reduce the need for running the heat, which is a range killer, especially given the lack of a heat pump (through resistive heating).

I agree. When I placed my Pure order I used the compare model feature on the website to determine which features were included in the Pure. It is very clear that the Pure is in PureLux in Mojave is the only interior but it does not say anything about the seats having less adjustability or not being heated / cooled. It's not mentioned anywhere on the website. Heated front seats and steering wheel are common in a 50k car so I would expect them in the Pure. If there are going to be additional differences in features it should be made clear on the website somewhere (FAQ, Tech Spec PDF etc). I'm still enthusiastic about the Pure but that enthusiasm wains a bit every time I learn of one more feature removed from the Pure.

I agree. When I placed my Pure order I used the compare model feature on the website to determine which features were included in the Pure. It is very clear that the Pure is in PureLux in Mojave is the only interior but it does not say anything about the seats having less adjustability or not being heated / cooled. It's not mentioned anywhere on the website. Heated front seats and steering wheel are common in a 50k car so I would expect them in the Pure. If there are going to be additional differences in features it should be made clear on the website somewhere (FAQ, Tech Spec PDF etc). I'm still enthusiastic about the Pure but that enthusiasm wains a bit every time I learn of one more feature removed from the Pure.
I somewhat agree. I haven't seen confirmation about almost anything on the Pure. I have also been assuming that it will come with most of the same features but less HP and torque and less battery capacity. If they end up stripping it down, it will bring a lot of competitors into the picture.

I think it’s smart (and some might even say sneaky) on their part to be vague about the Pure’s options because it allows them to adjust cost appropriately. With that said, I hope they don’t go overboard with limiting options because there are a bunch of cars I’m looking at that come with very generous standard options and flexibioity.

There has been discussion questioning the HP of the dual motor Pure, with some members suggesting it would be the same as the Touring (620hp). It appears many of us received a partial answer to this question.

Like me, many Pure reservation holders got an email from Lucid suggesting an upgrade to Touring. In this email, it listed the features not available in the Pure. This list included “620 hp dual motor”. It seems clear that the dual motor Pure will be less than 620HP.

The attached image is the portion of the email that lists the features not present in the Pure.
Regarding the driver’s seat, does the email mean there will just be no memory function but they will still be power-adjustable?

As usual its all very vague. I would assume it would memory, no massage, no ventilation and less adjustability but thats a guess. I guess closer to time to order the will reveal more details.

AC seats will not be offered on the Pure, which is already confirmed. AWD is offered on Pure but no official word on HP. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the email, Lucid is desperate for buyers of the higher trim.
Forgot to mention we already own DEP #180. interested in a pure as an addition. I don't understand why A/C seats can't be made available if they are already designed for the rest of the models (for a fee).

Forgot to mention we already own DEP #180. interested in a pure as an addition. I don't understand why A/C seats can't be made available if they are already designed for the rest of the models (for a fee).
Probably because the seats are different. My guess is they won't have thigh support either.

You probably get your Pure confirmation earlier than mine. I think Lucid better move production line faster, so many new choices coming up in 2023.

I have always had the same concerns for other car makers but they are similar. I personally prefer a smaller vehicle and used to have a BMW 330e. I moved to the 530e only because BMW didn't offer me the option of adding items like the luxury seating package even if I were willing to pay for it (and I was).

I agree with Tesla2.0: if Lucid takes too much out of the Pure there will be more choices out there. Who knows...maybe BMW will bet rid of its Bugs Bunny grilles. I have put down a deposit (refundable) on an AWD Cadillac Lyriq as a backup to my plan for a Lucid Pure.

You probably get your Pure confirmation earlier than mine. I think Lucid better move production line faster, so many new choices coming up in 2023.
Yes. Lots of competition is coming but it is more in the SUV segment I think. I have a reservation for Pure AWD with every option except standard wheels and joined the interest group for gravity but Fisker Ocean is very appealing and likely to come before Gravity. I personally like the styling of Lucid vs Mercedes or BMW not counting the lower range of others and lack of Lidar in others. However the window is closing for Lucid. Ramp up or lose market share.

Yes. Lots of competition is coming but it is more in the SUV segment I think. I have a reservation for Pure AWD with every option except standard wheels and joined the interest group for gravity but Fisker Ocean is very appealing and likely to come before Gravity. I personally like the styling of Lucid vs Mercedes or BMW not counting the lower range of others and lack of Lidar in others. However the window is closing for Lucid. Ramp up or lose market share.
The Gravity and Ocean are 2 completely different sets of vehicle. Gravity's competition is the Ioniq 7, MB EQS SUV, Kia EV9

The Gravity and Ocean are 2 completely different sets of vehicle. Gravity's competition is the Ioniq 7, MB EQS SUV, Kia EV9
Agreed. But for those who cannot wait, Fisker is more likely to come sooner. Hyundai and Mercedes can ramp up much faster and even Fisker has a good manufacturing partner with huge capacity. I would not be surprised if they can come out with a 7 seater faster than Lucid.

Yes. Lots of competition is coming but it is more in the SUV segment I think. I have a reservation for Pure AWD with every option except standard wheels and joined the interest group for gravity but Fisker Ocean is very appealing and likely to come before Gravity.
Fisher Ocean with California mode and Dog Window!

My 2008 Lexus IS350 had ventilated seats and LOVED it for those swampy-ass days but i don’t know how to feel about subscriptions in cars. So far, not a fan of that business model. I wish someone in car design/manufacturing can tell us what having ventilated seats entails.

My 2008 Lexus IS350 had ventilated seats and LOVED it for those swampy-ass days but i don’t know how to feel about subscriptions in cars. So far, not a fan of that business model. I wish someone in car design/manufacturing can tell us what having ventilated seats entails.
Yes. I am not a fan of subscription models in cars and even leases. I buy either new or certified pre-owned and run them for 15 to 20yrs 200k miles. I think unlike gasoline cars which are too expensive to fix once the engine or transmission is gone, EV motors, batteries and electronics can be replaced like we used to swap mother board and cards in the desktop computers and upgrade software. I don't mind if it reduces cost to the manufacturers to build all the hardware for multiple skews and use software to enable features.

I think it’s smart (and some might even say sneaky) on their part to be vague about the Pure’s options because it allows them to adjust cost appropriately. With that said, I hope they don’t go overboard with limiting options because there are a bunch of cars I’m looking at that come with very generous standard options and flexibioity.
I highly doubt they wouldn't include heated seats. If you've ever seen a seat teardown, the wires to the seat for the heater probably cost more than the heating components.

Back