Air Pure reservations

Same here. What if the bill gets some changes at the very end? I wonder if they will let you change back to basic sound.

This is the email I got after my order. Clearly, it says we will have another opportunity to finalize options selections.
1660162419387.png

Lucid just put out an email stating that if you place your order before the bill passes the House (probably this Fri, Aug 12), then you will still qualify for the original $7,500 rebate. By doing so, you lose the right to get your $300 deposit back, but you can still cancel the order in the future.

In specifying my order details, the configurator will not all Ultimate Sound - you have to order Ultimate Sound Pro for $2,900. Strange - anyone know why this is?
The email says you "may" still qualify for the rebate. Not that you "will" still qualify.

Lucid just put out an email stating that if you place your order before the bill passes the House (probably this Fri, Aug 12), then you will still qualify for the original $7,500 rebate. By doing so, you lose the right to get your $300 deposit back, but you can still cancel the order in the future.

In specifying my order details, the configurator will not all Ultimate Sound - you have to order Ultimate Sound Pro for $2,900. Strange - anyone know why this is?

I was able to order mine with the standard sound.

The email says you "may" still qualify for the rebate. Not that you "will" still qualify.
You beat me too it. This is their attempt to help keep reservation holders locked in. Lucid doesn’t provide tax advice so it’s up the tax payer to determine if they qualify under the transition rules.

You beat me too it. This is their attempt to help keep reservation holders locked in. Lucid doesn’t provide tax advice so it’s up the tax payer to determine if they qualify under the transition rules.
It‘s standard practice to not use definite words. So pre-orders are still screwed right?

Not everyone will have a Federal tax bill of $7500 before the EV tax credit.
If you're Federal tax liability is under $7500 either you can't afford the Lucid (income is too low) or you have so many deductions you don't need the extra $7500 credit.

If you're Federal tax liability is under $7500 either you can't afford the Lucid (income is too low) or you have so many deductions you don't need the extra $7500 credit.
A lot of people have low income (low cash flow) but high assets. Plenty can absolutely afford a Lucid and have minimal income, especially for a few years at a time, and especially after retirement.

A lot of people have low income (low cash flow) but high assets. Plenty can absolutely afford a Lucid and have minimal income, especially for a few years at a time, and especially after retirement.
So true. I am sitting on a lot of cash from a real estate transaction. My goal is to basically have no income for the next several years. I will be paying cash.

I received the following reply from my SA about the heated seats and ventilated seats on Air Pure. I asked him for a detailed specs sheet, will update when I get a response.
Woah I'm gonna have to contact Lucid again. When I made a reservation on May 27, 2022, I was told all trim levels (including Pure) had ventilated seats.

If they know all of these differences between Touring and Pure why in the world don't they detail it on the website or send it in an email? It seems there should be a detailed list, not piecemeal answers from SAs to specific questions!
Agreed. What are All of the features you gain for the extra $18K?

Last edited:
Agreed. What minor features are you gaining for the extra $18K?
I really wish they would spell this out. But for now, the main draw of the Touring is having more options. The Pure is fairly limited as far as what you can add on. The Touring can almost be turned into a GT. The GT, meanwhile, just comes with everything, so there are almost no options there, either.

So you pay for the option to add bits individually, essentially.

The Air is not an SUV or truck, so it'd be subject to the $55k cutoff. You miss by a lot more than $3500.

I still don't understand why they limit cars so much lower than SUVs/trucks. Makes no damn sense.
Don't more expensive cars tend to pollute more so that the EV conversion means the climate benefits even more?

I really wish they would spell this out. But for now, the main draw of the Touring is having more options. The Pure is fairly limited as far as what you can add on. The Touring can almost be turned into a GT. The GT, meanwhile, just comes with everything, so there are almost no options there, either.

So you pay for the option to add bits individually, essentially.
Maybe now that there are technically confirmed orders we should press them to be explicit more regularly now. Supposedly tourings ship in a few months and still no commitments…

Now that we all rushed and confirmed our orders, Lucid can now book the confirmed orders as income since they are not refundable. BTW, Rivian did the same thing.

Don't more expensive cars tend to pollute more so that the EV conversion means the climate benefits even more?
That depends on your point of view. What is the carbon footprint vs long-term ownership or are you concerned about your personal impact. If you really care about the environment, ev efficiency, etc then you want 19" wheels to max range and lessen your consumption. It's all a matter of viewpoint.

That depends on your point of view. What is the carbon footprint vs long-term ownership or are you concerned about your personal impact. If you really care about the environment, ev efficiency, etc then you want 19" wheels to max range and lessen your consumption. It's all a matter of viewpoint.
And drive the speed limit which no one on this site has admitted to yet…😊

And drive the speed limit which no one on this site has admitted to yet…😊
It doesn't have to be a BMW or Porsche or Mercedes to drive fast. When I set my cruise control at 78 I am passed by all kinds of cars including the most basic ones.

But, luxury cars are not necessarily worse on fuel consumption. BMWs, for example, tend to do very well on MPG.

Back