Air Pure reservations

According to the MAHB (Millennium Alliance for Humanity and the Biosphere), the world's oil reserves will run out by 2052, natural gas by 2060 and coal by 2090.

Sun, winds and hydro renewable are abundant as long as Earth spins with gravity and they can actually yield more energy than coal and petroleum and technology is getting better at harnessing and storing energy.

Woah I'm gonna have to contact Lucid again. When I made a reservation on May 27, 2022, I was told all trim levels (including Pure) had ventilated seats.

I hope the pure has ventilated seats... but I understand their need to differentiate the trims. In hindsight, maybe ordering a black on black pure may have been a bad choice with no ventilated seats.
This whole thing was super last minute... everything was saying order now before Friday or else you'll lose the credit so I panicked. With no comparisons between trims and any research on what options make sense to get or not, I just selected the absolute base of everything and ordered. I normally would have altered my options closer to production after seeing the various things in person like colors or is it worth to upgrade the audio system or maybe some detailed tests of rwd vs awd and range. but nope, guess i'm stuck with an absolute stripped out model that they probably wont bother delivering til 2024 at the earliest.

I hope the pure has ventilated seats... but I understand their need to differentiate the trims. In hindsight, maybe ordering a black on black pure may have been a bad choice with no ventilated seats.
This whole thing was super last minute... everything was saying order now before Friday or else you'll lose the credit so I panicked. With no comparisons between trims and any research on what options make sense to get or not, I just selected the absolute base of everything and ordered. I normally would have altered my options closer to production after seeing the various things in person like colors or is it worth to upgrade the audio system or maybe some detailed tests of rwd vs awd and range. but nope, guess i'm stuck with an absolute stripped out model that they probably wont bother delivering til 2024 at the earliest.
I doubt that you are stuck with what you chose when you ordered. It actually clearly states in the Order Contract that when your car is getting close to production that you will be able to adjust your options. My guess is that Lucid will do the same thing for Pure reservation holders that they did for Touring and allow you to upgrade to a higher trim level later. As far as I understand it, the only thing you can‘t do now that you have confirmed your order is get your $300 back if you change your mind. 🙂

There will be confirmation stage before going in to VIN assignment; then after VIN assignment, they will then make batch group into general assembly; once enter general assembly, they will give you a call to prepare be financial ready for delivery.

I doubt that you are stuck with what you chose when you ordered. It actually clearly states in the Order Contract that when your car is getting close to production that you will be able to adjust your options. My guess is that Lucid will do the same thing for Pure reservation holders that they did for Touring and allow you to upgrade to a higher trim level later. As far as I understand it, the only thing you can‘t do now that you have confirmed your order is get your $300 back if you change your mind. 🙂
oh phew... just went back and read through the order agreement.

"You will be able to add or change vehicle options up until the Order is submitted to the factory. Once your Order is submitted to the factory, your vehicle configuration is locked and we will be unable to make changes to your Order. In the unlikely event we can honor a requested change, including changing where the Vehicle is delivered, your Order Configuration will be revised to reflect the changes and any price increases since the time of your original Configuration Summary. The revised Configuration Summary will become a part of this Agreement. You may also be charged an Order Modification Fee."

wonder if this means there will be a price increase though (to current pricing not at time of order option pricing) if i change the configuration?

There will be confirmation stage before going in to VIN assignment; then after VIN assignment, they will then make batch group into general assembly; once enter general assembly, they will give you a call to prepare be financial ready for delivery.

Ah interesting okay so the are going by order dates first then batching them into similar configurations. Cool well glad it can still be altered up to that point. Dont think ill be getting that call this year so hopefully I can make a more informed decision once more reviews of the various options come out.

oh phew... just went back and read through the order agreement.

"You will be able to add or change vehicle options up until the Order is submitted to the factory. Once your Order is submitted to the factory, your vehicle configuration is locked and we will be unable to make changes to your Order. In the unlikely event we can honor a requested change, including changing where the Vehicle is delivered, your Order Configuration will be revised to reflect the changes and any price increases since the time of your original Configuration Summary. The revised Configuration Summary will become a part of this Agreement. You may also be charged an Order Modification Fee."

wonder if this means there will be a price increase though (to current pricing not at time of order option pricing) if i change the configuration?

Ah interesting okay so the are going by order dates first then batching them into similar configurations. Cool well glad it can still be altered up to that point. Dont think ill be getting that call this year so hopefully I can make a more informed decision once more reviews of the various options come out.
Yes, it will be an email to instruct you to schedule that 20 min phone appointment online to make final confirmation before they can issue VIN later.

This whole thing was super last minute... everything was saying order now before Friday or else you'll lose the credit so I panicked.
To be clear the emails from Lucid says, "which may maintain eligibility for Lucid customers who enter into a contract to purchase their Lucid Air before the bill is signed."

The keyword is MAY. To translate No chance you will get it and thank you for the money ($300). All the manufacturers are scrambling and this is a hail mary fingers crossed hope we can qualify for the EV credit, but it clearly states take delivery if I recall, not sign a contract to maybe down the road get a car. If you can get a VIN before 1/1/2023 maybe, but I doubt this will work.

Now that we all rushed and confirmed our orders, Lucid can now book the confirmed orders as income since they are not refundable. BTW, Rivian did the same thing.
I’m no accountant but assume that all Lucid and Rivian can “book” (if anything) is the amount of the non-refundable deposit. If so, it’s maybe $5M or so of extra Q3 income, which should be negligible in the scheme of things (unless they can’t ramp up production in which case it would be about 5% of their income for the quarter).

My guess is that you can do what I did and just change your reservation from Pure to Touring. I did it last year so I coughed up the extra $700 to get to $1000. I'm not sure what the process looks like now that you have confirmed your order though. Definitely worth a phone call. Obviously, you'll also get your vehicle sooner. FWIW, ventilated seats, more power, AWD and getting the car sooner are the reasons why I upgraded.

To be clear the emails from Lucid says, "which may maintain eligibility for Lucid customers who enter into a contract to purchase their Lucid Air before the bill is signed."

The keyword is MAY. To translate No chance you will get it and thank you for the money ($300). All the manufacturers are scrambling and this is a hail mary fingers crossed hope we can qualify for the EV credit, but it clearly states take delivery if I recall, not sign a contract to maybe down the road get a car. If you can get a VIN before 1/1/2023 maybe, but I doubt this will work.
It actually states if you have a written agreement on the vehicle that was signed before the legislation is passed (signed by the President), then it qualifies and is grandfathered into the old legislation. As well, any vehicle sold before 1/1/2023 that originally qualified under the old legislation still qualifies. But any vehicles sold on or after the day the legislation is signed via written agreements that are delivered on/after 1/1/2023 no longer qualify under the old rule and are subject to the new rule.

So i spoke with Lucid and they confirmed that if you sign order with them before the bill is enacted (supposedly 11:59 tonight) thier car will qualify for the tax credit. However they said to check with my cpa for my qualifications, what income qualifications currently exist if any pre-bill

So i spoke with Lucid and they confirmed that if you sign order with them before the bill is enacted (supposedly 11:59 tonight) thier car will qualify for the tax credit. However they said to check with my cpa for my qualifications, what income qualifications currently exist if any pre-bill
Not sure why they would say it will be enacted tonight. I heard on the news that Biden is on vacation in SC and won't sign it until next week. But IDK for sure

I’m no accountant but assume that all Lucid and Rivian can “book” (if anything) is the amount of the non-refundable deposit. If so, it’s maybe $5M or so of extra Q3 income, which should be negligible in the scheme of things (unless they can’t ramp up production in which case it would be about 5% of their income for the quarter).
FUD. The answer to your question is Money! Non refundable.

Pretty sure that "May" statement is just to cover their legal butts because not everyone qualifies getting the current credit. Its usually a weird circumstance but probably has to be said.

(l) TRANSITION RULE.—Solely for purposes of the application of section 30D of the Internal Revenue Code of 25 1986, in the case of a taxpayer that— 394 † HR 5376 EAS 1 (1) after December 31, 2021, and before the date of enactment of this Act, purchased, or entered into a written binding contract to purchase, a new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle (as defined in section 30D(d)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as in effect on the day before the date of enactment of this Act), and (2) placed such vehicle in service on or after the date of enactment of this Act, such taxpayer may elect (at such time, and in such form and manner, as the Secretary of the Treasury, or the Secretary’s delegate, may prescribe) to treat such vehicle as having been placed in service on the day before the date of enactment of this Act.

pg 394

placed in service after this bill but may elect to treat such vehicle as having been placed in service on day before the date of this bill. No hard deadlines are given so if you sign a written binding contract before the bill, you can take delivery 5 years from now and itll still qualify for the old tax credit is how im reading it. im assuming they will probably let these slide for the few hundred thousand reservations or so across the various manufactures that converted to orders.

Pretty sure that "May" statement is just to cover their legal butts because not everyone qualifies getting the current credit. Its usually a weird circumstance but probably has to be said.

(l) TRANSITION RULE.—Solely for purposes of the application of section 30D of the Internal Revenue Code of 25 1986, in the case of a taxpayer that— 394 † HR 5376 EAS 1 (1) after December 31, 2021, and before the date of enactment of this Act, purchased, or entered into a written binding contract to purchase, a new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle (as defined in section 30D(d)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as in effect on the day before the date of enactment of this Act), and (2) placed such vehicle in service on or after the date of enactment of this Act, such taxpayer may elect (at such time, and in such form and manner, as the Secretary of the Treasury, or the Secretary’s delegate, may prescribe) to treat such vehicle as having been placed in service on the day before the date of enactment of this Act.

pg 394

placed in service after this bill but may elect to treat such vehicle as having been placed in service on day before the date of this bill. No hard deadlines are given so if you sign a written binding contract before the bill, you can take delivery 5 years from now and itll still qualify for the old tax credit is how im reading it. im assuming they will probably let these slide for the few hundred thousand reservations or so across the various manufactures that converted to orders.
I do not read it the same way. I am not saying I am correct, but the IRS is not user friendly nor the US gov. I read it as the vehicle is delivered in hand and in service. The government is not going to give you an open window to get an Old EV credit. We shall see what happens.

I do not read it the same way. I am not saying I am correct, but the IRS is not user friendly nor the US gov. I read it as the vehicle is delivered in hand and in service. The government is not going to give you an open window to get an Old EV credit. We shall see what happens.
I did not read it the same way either. I also think the vehicle must be delivered this year and put in service. Did not read any grandfathered clauses, but hope I am wrong and others are correct.

I did not read it the same way either. I also think the vehicle must be delivered this year and put in service. Did not read any grandfathered clauses, but hope I am wrong and others are correct.
Nothing in there says it has to be delivered this year. That's the point.

Back