Air Dream Deliveries?

It is almost time ladies and gents, it's been an honor. I haven't been posting on here but I've been here from the sidelines all along. Much needed competition in EVs is finally here, good luck Lucid.

Has anyone on this forum received word they will soon be in possession of their vehicle?

Last edited:
The only person I've seen on either of the Lucid forums or elsewhere is the person who posts as Ashoka8350. He's receiving his car tomorrow in Newark during the Delivery Event.

I am a September 2018 Dream reservation holder who did my final configuration within two hours of the website opening up final confirmation over five weeks ago, and I was among the first to speak with a Delivery Advisor at 8:00 a.m. the next morning. I was told in that conversation that customers would be put in the delivery queue based on the order in which they confirmed with a Delivery Advisor.

Today she told me that she has received no word of when my car will enter production.

I have a feeling that this is going to play out much as it did at Rivian -- a very few cars delivered just under the wire ahead of a highly-publicized deadline and then a slow dribble of deliveries in the ensuing weeks, with most going to people near Lucid facilities where cars can be brought back in quickly for examination should problems emerge in the field. (Rivian produced only 56 vehicles in the first five weeks of production, with 42 of them going to employees.) There is some logic to this, but it's very frustrating for people who have waited several years for the car.

Last edited:
It would be interesting to know a bit more about Ashoka8350. Does he have some relationship with Lucid? Is he connected with a parts supplier to Lucid?

There is often a hierarchy to how these things work. It would be more comforting to know he has no connection whatsoever and was simply first in line or close to it.

I believe Ashoka8350 said he reserved his back in early 2017. He is definitely one of the first. Plus he lives in CA which is where hmp10 believes (and I would concur) that the first deliveries are heading. I also think that Ashoka8350 stated he is getting the standard Eureka Gold color. I imagine that they are wanting to knock out identical standard cars first before complicating the production line with options (such as color).

Hmp10 also is fairly early, being late 2018, so it will be interesting to hear from him as to his delivery status. That will be a guage for speed of deliveries. I reserved an AGT back in April this year. I was called in early October and asked if I wanted to upgrade With a delivery time of 2-4 months - so as late as February for the #520 DE. However, he did state that my AGT deliver would be in a “similar” time frame. They always choose words carefully to stay very ambiguous.

They might provide some information today. However, the November 15th earnings report should be a time where they ‘can‘ provide current reservation numbers, actual delivery numbers to date, delivery projections, etc. if I were one of the market makers on the call, I would ask for a breakdown of reservations by trim, absent that - average purchase price per reservation. I would also want to know production rate currently, delivery projections for Q4, expectations for production output ramp to deliver 20k in 2022. That is in addition to cash burn rate, construction projections, project gravity, etc….. All is needed to properly value the company.

Yes, Ashoka8350 reserved in April 2017 and was probably one of the very first to do so. At the time, the reservation fee was $25,500 for what was then called the Launch Edition (with a run of 255 cars planned) from a company that was just emerging into view with nothing but an alpha prototype. He has also attended various gala events at Lucid along the way and met all of the senior personnel of the company. He is a retired surgeon and, as far as I know, he has no personal "ins" at the company, but is a long-standing and straightforward supporter of the brand. I can hardly imagine a customer more deserving of receiving one of the first deliveries.

My original September 2018 reservation was for a lesser trim, and it was well into 2019 when I switched to the Dream Edition, which was still being billed at only 255 cars in the limited run. (Lucid back-dated my Dream reservation to the original reservation date.) I was surprised that almost three years after its premiere there were still openings for Dream reservations. And in late 2020 / early 2021 my financial advisor decided he wanted to upgrade to a Dream Edition and was able to do so. (By then the limited run had been expanded to 500 cars.) But all of this indicates that Dream Edition reservations were slow in coming in during the first three years after the car's unveiling. I think that's the primary reason that the Dream reservation fee was eventually lowered to $7,500 (with earlier reservation holders offered a return of $18,000 of their fee while still reserving their place in queue).

One of the things the increased my confidence in Lucid's integrity along the way was that two earlier members of this forum decided to cancel their Dream reservations, and Lucid returned their deposits promptly and with no hassle. At the time, Tesla customers were reporting sustained hard-sell pressures and long delays in obtaining returns of their deposits. It was just one of those tidbits of "revealed information" that contribute to the vibe one receives from a company.

One of the things the increased my confidence in Lucid's integrity along the way was that two earlier members of this forum decided to cancel their Dream reservations, and Lucid returned their deposits promptly and with no hassle. At the time, Tesla customers were reporting sustained hard-sell pressures and long delays in obtaining returns of their deposits. It was just one of those tidbits of "revealed information" that contribute to the vibe one receives from a company.
Yes, Lucid seems to be an up front company without the hard-sell pressures. I added myself to the Dream waitlist about a month after my AGT reservation, but didn’t think anything would happen. There really wasn’t a lot of information out on specifics of the trim lines at that time, although a lot more than when you reserved. When Lucid called me a month ago, there was no pressure. We talked about the differences in the trims for about 15’ and I decided to keep my AGT reservation.

Yes, the delivery dates have moved from the early stages of the company, for understandable reasons. I started looking at Lucid back in January when the CCIV rumors started and bought a few shares. The delivery was still spring 2021. It was in February when the CCIV merger was announced rhat the delivery date was pushed To 2H ‘21 (To insure that the quality metrics could be met, per Rawlinson). Since then, Lucid has tried to under promise and over deliver - and they have. The metrics they announced in the cars have been spot on. The promised quality appears to be baked in. The delivery date met (But I would be sorely disappointed if they pulled a Rivian. I believe that once the first Dreams are out, they will dribble them out as they are produced. Rawlinson promised 577 delivered this year). I also have a positive vibe of the company, unlike Musk who promises the moon and under delivers. Never been interested in purchasing a Tesla. Quality has never been a strong suit. Been waiting for an EV which will have rhe Range for me to take trips and the quality to justify the higher price. Lucid appears to meet that standard and I look forward to getting my AGT. Will keep everyone posted with anything I hear about AGT deliveries.

It’s 8:15 in Newark. The deliveries should be happening!

The only person I've seen on either of the Lucid forums or elsewhere is the person who posts as Ashoka8350. He's receiving his car tomorrow in Newark during the Delivery Event.

I am a September 2018 Dream reservation holder who did my final configuration within two hours of the website opening up final confirmation over five weeks ago, and I was among the first to speak with a Delivery Advisor at 8:00 a.m. the next morning. I was told in that conversation that customers would be put in the delivery queue based on the order in which they confirmed with a Delivery Advisor.

Today she told me that she has received no word of when my car will enter production.

I have a feeling that this is going to play out much as it did at Rivian -- a very few cars delivered just under the wire ahead of a highly-publicized deadline and then a slow dribble of deliveries in the ensuing weeks, with most going to people near Lucid facilities where cars can be brought back in quickly for examination should problems emerge in the field. (Rivian produced only 56 vehicles in the first five weeks of production, with 42 of them going to employees.) There is some logic to this, but it's very frustrating for people who have waited several years for the car.
Someone just tweeted this. If true, your fears about this being similar to Rivian may be realized...

I knew Lucid was going to deliver Dreams to some insiders, as I had been told so by someone at Lucid, and it's quite normal in the industry. What I was not sure about was whether those car would be delivered privately and outside of the publicly-acknowledged deliveries.

Now the question is whether Lucid will also follow in the Rivian footsteps of just trickling out cars in the coming weeks.

Posted this in the other forum too. I counted 19 cars in the rally, so it seems like it may have been 20 deliveries today. Others have posted 12. Either way, Lucid has arrived

I did not see 1 Zenith Red go by?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not see 1 Zenith Red go by?

Nor did I. One tweet pictured a Zenit Red Touring under a display sign, but none seemed to be among the deliveries. I switched my order to a Zenith Red when it became available on the Dream, and I'm wondering if that's why my car is not yet in the production queue.

Zak Edson at Lucid told me some time ago that they run colors in batches, and the paint shop has to go through a complicated and expensive changeover to switch colors. I'm pretty sure the display cars we've been seeing for some time are hand-painted cars that were not put through the paint shop. I suspect the late addition of Zenith Red to the Dream options will mean the red cars will be among the last Dreams built. Hope I'm wrong . . . .

I think that might be something. I guess that's an issue with uni body construction?

Unless I missed it I didn’t see Cosmos Silver or Quantum Gray either.

Those are the two colors that are not available on the Dream Edition.

I've seen the Quantum Gray at the Miami Design studio. It's a beautiful color and would have been my choice had it been available.

Nor did I. One tweet pictured a Zenit Red Touring under a display sign, but none seemed to be among the deliveries. I switched my order to a Zenith Red when it became available on the Dream, and I'm wondering if that's why my car is not yet in the production queue.

Zak Edson at Lucid told me some time ago that they run colors in batches, and the paint shop has to go through a complicated and expensive changeover to switch colors. I'm pretty sure the display cars we've been seeing for some time are hand-painted cars that were not put through the paint shop. I suspect the late addition of Zenith Red to the Dream options will mean the red cars will be among the last Dreams built. Hope I'm wrong . . . .
Which interior color did you choose with the Zenith Red?

Which interior color did you choose with the Zenith Red?

The Dream Edition only comes with the Santa Monica interior, so I didn't have a choice.

When I initially saw the Santa Monica interior in photos, I was disappointed that it was the only Dream choice, as it looked a bit washed out to me. However, when I actually saw it in the display car at the West Palm Beach Design Studio, it became my favorite. It has a subtlety to the contrasts between the gray and the beige that is very appealing, and the silvered eucalyptus is the most beautiful wood trim I've seen in any car, even though I typically don't like grayish or pickled wood finishes.

However, I thought the interior clashed a bit with the Eureka Gold exterior of the display car, which helped seal my decision at the time to go with a black exterior. But when the Zenith Red became available I just couldn't resist. I do, however, worry a bit about how the gray element of the Santa Monica will work with the wine red of the Zenith. I took a trip over to the Miami Studio to hold the sample block of the Zenith exterior against the bento box of the Santa Monica interior, and it left me okay but not wowed.

I've seen the Quantum Gray at the Miami Design studio. It's a beautiful color and would have been my choice had it been available.
I have only seen the Zenith Red at the studio in Century City. Hoping I can see at least the Gray and White IRL before I have to finalize my AGT. I was looking originally at the white, then the Gray. Now, having seen some of the pictures of the white Dreams, the white is growing on me again. We have traditionally owned white and silver cars. White is usually pretty sweet, but it can show its age more than the silver.

Back