• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

AGT meets Cybertruck!

Can we just stop all the conjecture until some actual specs and prices are announced?

The 3 is a very simple low cost vehicle to produce. It is selling very well at $40-45k. As simple as the 3 is, it still took Tesla 3+ years to scale. Without the Tesla brand aura it really should be priced at $30k.

Cybertruck is a different animal completely. It will never scale at low cost by the nature of its design, engineering, and materials.

People bought Pontiac Aztecs, too.

There's no accounting for taste!

Some people think the Rivian is ugly. I like it.

I get if you don’t like it, a lot of people don’t. However, saying that it have low production is detached from any semblance of reality.
Not really - the price being unlikely to be as low as originally advertised is one thing; the much bigger deal is that many of the advertised features no longer exist. No exoskeleton, for example.

It's not armored by any means. The fact that its thick stainless steel panels can resist Tommy gunshots is more of an engineering mistake than any valuable advantage. (A recent tweet caught a bullet-riddled Cybertruck driving around CA roads). It made the Cybertruck heavier than it should be. Originally, the idea was to create a stressed-skin vehicle. Instead, because the exoskeleton didn't work and/or was impossible to produce, Tesla made a unibody truck that is just less efficient, more expensive, and much more difficult to produce than it should be. Above all, these thick panels provide no safety to occupants, especially if the shots hit vulnerable areas such as the columns or the windows, which are also not bulletproof. The overreliance induced by a false safety feeling is the real danger here – just like it is with people who think they have an autonomous Tesla.

None of that prevented the company from putting a Cybertruck prototype with several shot damages to drive around California. The vehicle was filmed at night. When the Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley shared the video on October 20 on Twitter, Elon wrote: "We emptied the entire drum magazine of a Tommy gun into the driver door Al Capone style. No bullets penetrated into the passenger compartment." A Tommy gun is a Thompson submachine gun, which uses .45 ACP (Automatic Colt Pistol) caliber bullets.

But again: it isn't armored, and to pretend it is is dangerous and will get people hurt.

In any case, I have a reservation for it from when it was supposed to be $40k and armored. I don't know how to cancel it yet, since they have responded to zero of my emails requesting to do so. :)

Also, Idk if anyone watched my video all the way but it seems to be a finger print magnet on the outside. I wonder if it will require additional types of maintenance to keep “clean”… and what about repairs?

Also, Idk if anyone watched my video all the way but it seems to be a finger print magnet on the outside. I wonder if it will require additional types of maintenance to keep “clean”… and what about repairs?
Everyone will wrap it

I met CyberTruck close up.

It might be even faster bc Tesla just made purchaser agreement with clause no resale before 1st year for car flipping.

7A114716-38D9-42B6-BB73-E406FA1A097E.png

Saw that. Ferrari has done it with some models and as of recently Chevy did it with the Z06

Back