- Joined
- Jul 25, 2025
- Messages
- 208
- Reaction score
- 331
- Location
- Orange County, CA
- Cars
- X Plaid, Gravity DE
- Gravity DE Number
- 234
- Referral Code
- 3GPQ825B
Creating a thread for those who are interested in putting aftermarket wheels on their Gravity. I run aftermarket wheels on all my cars.
Here’s some insight.
Currently having 3-pieces forged wheels being made by a local wheel company I’ve worked with before, located and manufactured in Anaheim, CA. FEA testing done to insure the wheels are rated for the Gravity’s transmission ratio and torque.
OEM 22/23” wheels sit flush to the fender when you put 20MM spacers. This gave us a better idea of how much offset we need for the custom wheels.
Specs for OEM 22/23”s are:
Front: 22x9.5 ET44
Rear: 23x10 ET51
A concern we ran into when measuring offset was that the fenders protrude a decent amount, which makes the gap between the tires and fender very tight when you turn the wheels.
We decided to run +15MM offset on the customs instead of +20MM just in case I rub. I’ll run a 5MM spacer if 20MM doesn’t rub.
Running same 22x9.5 and 23x10 and reusing OEM PZero tires. Projected mid-December for completion. Will post more pictures as production progresses.
Here’s some insight.
Currently having 3-pieces forged wheels being made by a local wheel company I’ve worked with before, located and manufactured in Anaheim, CA. FEA testing done to insure the wheels are rated for the Gravity’s transmission ratio and torque.
OEM 22/23” wheels sit flush to the fender when you put 20MM spacers. This gave us a better idea of how much offset we need for the custom wheels.
Specs for OEM 22/23”s are:
Front: 22x9.5 ET44
Rear: 23x10 ET51
A concern we ran into when measuring offset was that the fenders protrude a decent amount, which makes the gap between the tires and fender very tight when you turn the wheels.
We decided to run +15MM offset on the customs instead of +20MM just in case I rub. I’ll run a 5MM spacer if 20MM doesn’t rub.
Running same 22x9.5 and 23x10 and reusing OEM PZero tires. Projected mid-December for completion. Will post more pictures as production progresses.