Advice on potential demo GT purchase

dcmw1

Hello. I’m new here. I’m hoping to buy a used GT in the next few weeks if possible. Does anyone have experience with buying a demo GT ( or any demo level) from lucid? Are they well maintained? Would it be better to buy a used one from a single owner? I’ve searched the forums, but I haven’t seen much info from people who have actually bought a demo car. Just thought I would ask. Thanks.

Welcome to the forums! Mine is a demo car (2023 Pure AWD). It was pretty close to being new. There were a few cosmetic items (mainly interior/exterior plastic trim pieces) that the studio took care of after I took delivery. I do know that they changed their standards for demo vehicles a few weeks after I took delivery of mine, so not sure what the latest is or how much they’d take care of some of those items today.

In any event, I would have been quite happy with the car as is, but I was very happy after their fixes. Lucid service (at least in Millbrae in the SF Bay Area) is excellent as has been stated many times before.

I would absolutely buy a demo car again from Lucid over one from a private owner or other dealer (all other things being equal). I would assume that the demo cars are periodically inspected by Lucid. Mine certainly looks like it was given the lack of a lot of issues that some other folks here have reported.

Welcome to the forums! Mine is a demo car (2023 Pure AWD). It was pretty close to being new. There were a few cosmetic items (mainly interior/exterior plastic trim pieces) that the studio took care of after I took delivery. I do know that they changed their standards for demo vehicles a few weeks after I took delivery of mine, so not sure what the latest is or how much they’d take care of some of those items today.

In any event, I would have been quite happy with the car as is, but I was very happy after their fixes. Lucid service (at least in Millbrae in the SF Bay Area) is excellent as has been stated many times before.

I would absolutely buy a demo car again from Lucid over one from a private owner or other dealer (all other things being equal). I would assume that the demo cars are periodically inspected by Lucid. Mine certainly looks like it was given the lack of a lot of issues that some other folks here have reported.
Thanks for the info. It’s encouraging to hear that you have had a positive experience. The deals on some of the demos seem really good. I was most worried about the interior of the car. With so many people test driving them I was a bit concerned there would be a lot of wear and tear on the interior. I’m glad to hear that does not seem to be the case based on your experience. Hopefully I can find one to purchase in the next few weeks

Back