Adaptive Cruise Control

MoniputerLM

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream Edition Performance
DE Number
I have noticed anomalies in the cruise control as implemented in version 1.1.5. It seems to get confused when a car crosses lanes in front of me and does not seem to slow down when there are cars stopped in front of me.

Has anyone else had these or any other problems?

I haven’t - it’s worked very well. The only confusion has been when it loses the lane due to an on ramp to the right (people coming into the Highway).

Have you had it wrapped or had any other issues with the sensors?

I haven’t - it’s worked very well. The only confusion has been when it loses the lane due to an on ramp to the right (people coming into the Highway).

It has XPEL clear film installed but I was told that all sensors were taken into account. My other cars with adaptive cruise do not have the same issues. I am sure that Lucid will fix any issues in time.

It has XPEL clear film installed but I was told that all sensors were taken into account. My other cars with adaptive cruise do not have the same issues. I am sure that Lucid will fix any issues in time.
You probably should check and see if they cut the holes over the sensors when they installed your PPF. I believe both Borski and Paladin's cars did have the sensor holes cut out??

My Leaf does that too. It will also try to exit sometimes because it sees the outside lines exit.

We have noticed pretty much the exact same. It hates lane on-ramps and off-ramps

You probably should check and see if they cut the holes over the sensors when they installed your PPF. I believe both Borski and Paladin's cars did have the sensor holes cut out

We have noticed pretty much the exact same. It hates lane on-ramps and off-ramps
I am much more concerned that it doesn't slow down when the cars in front are stopped.

Good to know.

Mine slows down as long as there is movement but if all of the cars in front are stopped it doesn't slow down.

Good to know.

Mine slows down as long as there is movement but if all of the cars in front are stopped it doesn't slow down.

Yeah, I have not seen this behavior. Just the behavior @Paladin732 and I described. In fact, I was explicitly and pleasantly surprised by *how well* it handled stopped cars in front of me.

Do check if they cut holes for your sensors. Ours have them cut and I bet it makes a huge difference.

My BMW 530e PHEV does not do that and adaptive cruise control is one of my favorite features.

I am expecting that they won't get to me until sometime in 2023 (I have reserved a Pure) and hopefully they will have worked out all the Gremlins (not the ugly car) by then. If not, Lucid will be having trouble competing because the traditional car companies have had decades to develop and refine their systems.

Yeah, I have not seen this behavior. Just the behavior @Paladin732 and I described. In fact, I was explicitly and pleasantly surprised by *how well* it handled stopped cars in front of me.

Do check if they cut holes for your sensors. Ours have them cut and I bet it makes a huge difference.
My biggest problem with it is after driving several cars with lane keeping, once I put on cruise I want to somewhat relax and let it do most of the work, then have an “oh shit” moment :)

I guess my commute and drivers in Indiana will keep me from using these features. Can you use cruise control without lane keeping, only get an alert? Maybe even turn alert off since I don't have that issue with my driving.

I am much more concerned that it doesn't slow down when the cars in front are stopped.
That should be your radar and lidar handling that, not ultrasonic or camera, so any PPF would not cause it. I’d tell lucid asap about this.

I have noticed anomalies in the cruise control as implemented in version 1.1.5. It seems to get confused when a car crosses lanes in front of me and does not seem to slow down when there are cars stopped in front of me.

Has anyone else had these or any other problems?
I am having a similar problem.
Is it poorly written software or a problem with the Lidar?
Is it normal to be on adaptative cruise control and have the Lucid NOT detect the car in front of me sometimes, especially if it is stopped? Another issue I am having is sometimes I exit the freeway at 60/hour, for example, and Lucid will see a stopped car at the intersection from far away, but it brakes too slowly, keeps going towards that car, and then warns me to brake!
Lucid does NOT detect cars coming from the side, in merging lanes, and would keep driving straight and hit that merging car in front of me if I did not intervene.

Back