A Total Eclipse from the Car!!!! (New England Spring Lucid Rally)

Dortreo

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
(Turn around)
Every now and then I feel the excitement rising
As I drive my Lucid to the eclipse's ground
(Turn around)
Every now and then I get a little bit tired
Of the silence in my car, not a sound
(Turn around)
Every now and then I get a little bit nervous
That the turtle's going to show
(Turn around)
Every now and then I get a little bit terrified
That the charging station's ports are all occupied

(Turn around, bright eyes)
Every now and then I find a charge

As many of you know, there will be a total eclipse on Monday April 8 passing from Austin, TX up toward Burlington, VT. It'll start around 2:14 pm in Burlington and end by 4:37 pm. We're proposing that we drive our Lucids from the Boston suburbs to Burlington early Monday morning to get comfortably situated for the eclipse that afternoon. Let me know if you're interested and would like to drive together or just meet up in Burlington. Hopefully the weather cooperates...

I will already be up in Burlington, visiting friends in Vermont. But I may try to meet up with yall.

I will be approaching from a different direction.
Any idea where the meeting will take place?

I will be approaching from a different direction.
Any idea where the meeting will take place?

No decisions about this, but there are several possibilities. I think the best place to see the eclipse could be from the Colchester causeway, which is a 10 foot walking path crossing parts of Lake Champlain. You’ll definitely have unobstructed views, but it’ll be windy and cold.

However, another possibility would be from Shelburne Farms, which is charging $25 for the day to park and experience the eclipse. They are also right on the lake shore.

The most crowded areas will be around Waterfront Park in Burlington. But at least they will be close to chargers and close to Foam beer.

Thanks for the invite, but I already had plans to view it near Lancaster, NH, which is quite a bit closer to home. Hope everyone has a great time!

I have to pass as it's my busy time at work. Should be super fun though!

Thanks for the invite, but I already had plans to view it near Lancaster, NH, which is quite a bit closer to home. Hope everyone has a great time!
Is there a public place near Lancaster, NH that you can recommend?
I’ll be traveling from Western Maine so that might be a nice option.

Is there a public place near Lancaster, NH that you can recommend?
I’ll be traveling from Western Maine so that might be a nice option.

I'm probably just going to take a drive up to the area and pack a picnic lunch (I expect the available restaurants to be packed). After that, I'm basically going to look for a nice open place off the road with a nice view of the sky. The North Country is expecting an influx of thousands of people, and most areas up there are closed for the season so not sure what will be open - most rooms that were available are sold out. I've been checking out backroad options to head home, because I-93 and the Spaulding Tpke heading south afterwards will probably be parking lots. It's only about 100 miles from home, so I have no worries about charging.

Our plan is basically the same as Snafu’s, right down to the picnic 😁

Where we ultimately head for will depend on the weather forecast for the afternoon, I guess. It would definitely be fun to meet up with some of you all.

We're planning on heading up to North Conway, NH then maybe Lancaster but unfortunately won't be taking the Lucid :(. Need to leave the wife home for long trips like this.

I might take a recon trip up beforehand to check out the lay of the land. I could sit out on my upper deck at home and watch the 95% coverage, but what's the fun in that?

Oops, I wanted to add in the map and NH town listings for the Totality.

Attachments

• 20240408_Eclipse_Towns_NH.png
    20240408_Eclipse_Towns_NH.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20240408_Eclipse_Totality_NH.png
    20240408_Eclipse_Totality_NH.png
    286 KB · Views: 43
I’ll know in a few days if I can arrange to be on call the day before making it so I’m off the 8th, if so I’ll definitely be there.

I want to apologize if anyone thinks my statement about heading to NH instead of Burlington is splintering an otherwise more cohesive "rally" for the eclipse. I encourage those who can make it to the larger actual gathering in Burlington to go and meet so many more of our local crowd! I am in no way trying to create a schism!

I want to apologize if anyone thinks my statement about heading to NH instead of Burlington is splintering an otherwise more cohesive "rally" for the eclipse. I encourage those who can make it to the larger actual gathering in Burlington to go and meet so many more of our local crowd! I am in no way trying to create a schism!

Not a problem! After all...

Every now and then we drive apart!

Depending upon how crowded Burlington might be and upon weather, we may need to head up to Lancaster, too. My buddy, who is an amateur astronomer, will be with me and is bringing his telescope. He grabbed this pic of the sun yesterday:

1709042341426.png

(Turn around)
(Turn around)
(Turn around)
(Turn around)

As many of you know, there will be a total eclipse on Monday April 8 passing from Austin, TX up toward Burlington, VT. It'll start around 2:14 pm in Burlington and end by 4:37 pm. We're proposing that we drive our Lucids from the Boston suburbs to Burlington early Monday morning to get comfortably situated for the eclipse that afternoon. Let me know if you're interested and would like to drive together or just meet up in Burlington. Hopefully the weather cooperates...
Count me in too :)

(Turn around)
(Turn around)
(Turn around)
(Turn around)

Sounds good

Back