A little birdie told me.. (CarPlay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is going to be so pissed if the release notes for the next update just says "Bug Fixes and Enhancements" Lol!
I thought that you were looking forward to bug fixes?

I thought that you were looking forward to bug fixes?
I am which is why I don’t care if CarPlay comes tomorrow or in 6 months. Give me stable cameras, bug fixes over CarPlay any day.

I would be happy with just the Apple Music app added natively to the car. F**k CarPlay! Yes, people you can throw your rotten tomato's at me and boo at me all day, it won't bother me 😂
I would be happy for this too. I really only want CarPlay for Apple Music and maybe nav since the built in nav is fussy. Tidal is horrible.

Why does everyone assume that it's an either or scenario? Is it not possible for part of their software team to work on ACP and the other on software fixes? I'm sure they can chew gum and walk at the same time.
I totally agree. I feel like there's maybe a chance they do CarPlay/Android Auto, and then consider that "good enough." But more likely they will be refining the infotainment aspect of the car for a long time to come. The fact they added Sirius as a separate app is a strong signal they don't plan on relying on CarPlay for all infotainment needs.

Expect it to be released around Feb 8. My car goes in for some warranty work that day so the release will definitely come out then.
I don't know if we can rely on that. @Bobby was heading out on a road trip, wanted CarPlay, and we figured it would become available while he was driving home! 😆

I don't know if we can rely on that. @Bobby was heading out on a road trip, wanted CarPlay, and we figured it would become available while he was driving home! 😆
Still hoping we'll see it soon!

A little birdie told me to expect an update regarding headlight performance today. They also stated CarPlay was on track for before end of January.

Either way, we’ll find out soon.
Guess not.

Actually, I think this is the birdie in question ….

4C9FDF3D-78A6-4FD8-B646-1622C1EBFBC6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s with all the trolling? I already posted that CarPlay was delayed again and the other half of the rumor/leak I posted was perfectly accurate.

:(

Little birdie has advised that CarPlay is now on track for February release, citing Apple directly not being satisfied with the performance of Lucid's implementation. Kind of in line with the other rumors that has been swirling around.

What’s with all the trolling? I already posted that CarPlay was delayed again and the other half of the rumor/leak I posted was perfectly accurate.
People are frustrated no doubt. Lucid staying quiet doesn't help the situation either and no, they don't need to communicate "Apple wasn't happy with our implementation of CarPlay" but a simple "While we were anticipating a Q4 release of CarPlay it's unfortunately been delayed until Q1 2023 due to unforeseen circumstances". People can speculate all they want on want those "unforeseen circumstances" are and Lucid doesn't need to disclose any further but some communication is better than none at all. Lucid needs to control the narrative and not let rumors and speculation control its narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back