A Change of Tune

That's not true, you just don't get as much money and the algorithms will not favor you.
You just said the same thing in different words.

“Can’t monetize” isn’t literal and shouldn’t be read as such, when it’s orders of magnitude of difference.

If you “don’t get as much money” (make less, if any, per stream) and “the algorithms will not favor you” (aka nobody will see it) … you can’t monetize it, even if pedantically, you’re correct.

“You can’t boil water in 60 seconds” has the obvious and unspoken follow-up of “…on most home or professional stoves,” even if you technically probably could, say, inside a crucible.

The irony of my far-too-long correction here is also not lost on me. :)

Last edited:
You just said the same thing in different words.

“Can’t monetize” isn’t literal and shouldn’t be read as such, when it’s orders of manicure of difference.

If you “don’t get as much money” (make less, if any, per stream) and “the algorithms will not favor you” (aka nobody will see it) … you can’t monetize it, even if pedantically, you’re correct.

“You can’t boil water in 60 seconds” has the obvious and unspoken follow-up of “…on most home or professional stoves,” even if you technically probably could, say, inside a crucible.

The irony of my far-too-long correction here is also not lost on me. :)
You tried to straighten my brain out, but you ended up twisting it further.. I didn't think my response was that deep, but now I am so confused by what you just said. 🤣 In my response, I was assuming that you still got some views (although you're right in that it would be a lower amount due to the algorithm), which would technically let you monetize it, even though there will be less money from that monetization. I'm probably completely misinterpreting your response though as well as the wording of the "original" post (which I took literally), so correct me if I'm wrong there.

You tried to straighten my brain out, but you ended up twisting it further.. I didn't think my response was that deep, but now I am so confused by what you just said. 🤣 In my response, I was assuming that you still got some views (although you're right in that it would be a lower amount due to the algorithm), which would technically let you monetize it, even though there will be less money from that monetization. I'm probably completely misinterpreting your response though as well as the wording of the "original" post (which I took literally), so correct me if I'm wrong there.
You can monetize literally anything, by your definition. I could monetize a thirty second video on a DVD by selling it to a dude on the subway.

But that’s not what we’re talking about.

You can’t monetize it in a way that would make any sense for the work put in.

Nobody is saying you can’t ever sell a thing to someone. It’s not *illegal* to make 4-minute videos lol.

"Tailosive", a fairly popular YouTube channel that has long been pro-Tesla, has done a significant turnaround on Lucid. It all began when Drew Erickson, the channel producer, finally drove a Lucid Air when a studio opened up near him. He was blown away by how good the car was, and it put him on a short revisionist journey that has now culminated in a complete turnaround of his views on Lucid.

This just reinforces how important it is for Lucid to get as many people as possible behind the wheels of their cars. I have not yet had someone look in, sit in, or drive our Lucid who has not been highly impressed. Last week when we were picking up our Tesla from a service appointment the service advisor saw me sitting outside in the Lucid and came out to look at the car. He said it was the first one he had seen in person. He was downright gushing, especially at the interior. He actually knew something about the brand, including who Peter Rawlinson is and his roles at both Tesla and Lucid.

Maybe he sold TSLA and bought LCID

The longer the video the more commercials they can insert, thus more ad revenue. It’s not overly complicated.

Psh we know not to talk about you ON this forum! Other places sure but not here!

/s
I think the only place we could talk about him safely is the 'other' forum since he was banned there many moons ago. 🤣

Not that I'd ever suggest anyone frequent that ad-filled piece of garbage.

Back