80% vs 100% charge

Thanks so much for this thread. I've been trying not to visit here so much because I post like I'm talking to friends at a bar and that gets me in trouble, but every day I learn things here. What an amazing community.

There is an EA charger 6 mi from home so even though I have a Betty Boop installed I haven't been using it. After reading this thread I went to my "home" EA charger and topped off (79%), (it's next to a Whole Foods so walked to buy dinner fixin's ... saw "charging complete" as I was just meters from the car after shopping ...having a perfect day). Now plugged into my BettyB as per these experts recommendation. My only issue is the charger cable is between door and workbench...
PXL_20230308_213904654.jpg

You know what’s funny I realized tonight about whether or not I want to plug in over night, it doesn’t matter bc when they update the charger to reverse power the house I’m going to want it plugged in to kick on! 😅 so guess I’m going in either way! Haha

If you are oNly charging once or twice a week, I would actually set it lower, say to 60% or 70% and just plug it in every night. I only charge to 100% if I am leaving for a trip the next morning.
Exactly what I do. Charge once a week to 66%. When it's time to recharge, I'm typically at 38-45%.

Early on, I saw some scientific report on car batteries in general and came away with using this 33-66% strategy as being highly effective over the long term.

My original post is here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/any...larity-when-battery-at-50-60.4463/post-109802
With my analysis here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/any...larity-when-battery-at-50-60.4463/post-110069

I hope this isn't redundant of any other convos, I tried to vet it!

So I live in KS, and the cold is destroying the range of my Pure. I know I have a heavy foot (it's just too fun!) but I'm averaging about 2mi per kw maybe 2.5 so I got home today and was down to 20% after having gone 136 miles and it's been in the 30s and 40's for temp so I know that's a variable as well.

My question is, I know that battery charging is recommended at 80%, but isn't that for nightly charging? I will only charge when I need to, so I don't plug in but once or twice a week depending on the weather. So if I were to charge to 100% once a week or hopefully a day or two longer than a week, that wouldn't really impact the battery since I'm not plugging in nightly right?

Back