500 mile things

speed

Verified Owner
Cars
Model S, X, 3, Air T
Have had the Air for 2 weeks and have driven 500 miles till now. Some things are starting to surface up, but still enjoying the drive very much.

1. It looks better than the pictures. I mean really nothing comes close
2. The interior is top shelf. Really comfortable, roomy and luxurious
3. The rear legroom and overall rear seat comfort is wonderful
4. The power is just right. It appears very calm, but can outrun most cars.
5. The ride comfort is unbelievable. Their suspension tuning deserves high praise.

Issues:
1. Driver door window stopped closing after half way. Service had to replace the part, but they were really quick to respond.
2. Backup camera doesn't come on about 1 of 4 times. Hopefully its a software bug that they can address soon
3. Faint whining noise from the AC fan. Service rep thinks it's due to a wire rubbing against the fan motor.
4. Some trims are not put together right. I see at least 5 places where this is an issue.
5. Keeps defaulting to Smooth mode. It's really annoying to go change the mode when I need some extra power.
6. Was accelerating in Sprint mode and a Drive unit failure warning popped up for a few seconds. Fortunately it went away, but service is sending someone to look at

The default to Smooth mode is the way it is on all Airs. You might want to move the various ventilation openings in the front and rear. I had a whining sound and when I adjusted the left rear ventilation opening it went away.

Have had the Air for 2 weeks and have driven 500 miles till now. Some things are starting to surface up, but still enjoying the drive very much.

5. The ride comfort is unbelievable. Their suspension tuning deserves high praise.

Issues:
1. Driver door window stopped closing after half way. Service had to replace the part, but they were really quick to respond.
2. Backup camera doesn't come on about 1 of 4 times. Hopefully its a software bug that they can address soon
3. Faint whining noise from the AC fan. Service rep thinks it's due to a wire rubbing against the fan motor.
4. Some trims are not put together right. I see at least 5 places where this is an issue.
5. Keeps defaulting to Smooth mode. It's really annoying to go change the mode when I need some extra power.
6. Was accelerating in Sprint mode and a Drive unit failure warning popped up for a few seconds. Fortunately it went away, but service is sending someone to look at
Good list.

5 will likely never change. It’s speculated that this is due to a requirement for the EPA mileage rating. The car has to be tested in its “default” mode. So if they wanted max miles for the test, the car had to always start in smooth.

Interesting, wonder how Tesla is getting away with it. It persists Sport and Plaid modes until they are changed.

Interesting, wonder how Tesla is getting away with it. It persists Sport and Plaid modes until they are changed.
Tesla flouts a lot of rules, because they know that lawsuits and court cases and fines take time. I’m not even necessarily saying that’s a bad thing, but Lucid is generally more conservative.

Good list.

5 will likely never change. It’s speculated that this is due to a requirement for the EPA mileage rating. The car has to be tested in its “default” mode. So if they wanted max miles for the test, the car had to always start in smooth.
My Navigator does this also and have never like it!

Good list.

I haven’t heard of this being a thing

Good list.

Yep. In BMW world the remedy was to reprogram the computer but no one (to my knowledge) can do that on a Lucid.

Do a find on “default”
That’s interesting. Seems like if there is no preset default, EPA could just end up using whatever setting the person that drove it into their test center used.

Good list.

Another reason given by a Lucid employee is that “it’s a liability thing”. If you put your car in SPRINT mode and end up crashing it a minute later, Lucid wants to ensure that it was your decision, and your actions alone, that caused you to crash your car.

Another reason given by a Lucid employee is that “it’s a liability thing”. If you put your car in SPRINT mode and end up crashing it a minute later, Lucid wants to ensure that it was your decision, and your actions alone, that caused you to crash your car.
If that's true their logic sounds pretty dumb.

What really bothers me is that the difference in power between Sprint and Smooth is really noticeable. Sometimes I don't want to click the screen 3 times to get the full advertised HP.

Issues:
Hey Speed, for the fan whine try adjusting the rear air vents on the B pillar side of the car (close and open them entirely) as well as turning off rear climate and make sure ventilated seats are off. I’ve found the rear air vents make that whine noise depending on how open they are and the climate setting. It still may need service but my car does this.

Back