2027 Gravity available for order

During the last earning call, Marc stated that Lucid would no longer chase volume with reduced margins. I still think that we will see some end of quarter and end of year incentives, but I doubt that they will be as good as prior years.
I agree, I don’t think $7500 lease incentives will be back. But Lucid, just like any publicly traded company will be after volume because it looks good. Just like Tesla, push as many cars out by EOQ just so the delivery numbers look good. They’ll be offering incentives and discounts, just not as high as with ‘26 MY.
I don’t trust a word any CEO says.
 
The 7500 credit was to duplicate what the government took away. We knew that wouldl sunset. Incentives are used to move existing inventory. If they truly stick to making "sold" orders, they won't have to provide the cash back that was so prominent in the first year of sales.

It will be the new pricing strategy - price competitively and you will move cars. Higher non-refundable deposits will help as well.

Yay, this shareholder said!
 
I agree, I don’t think $7500 lease incentives will be back. But Lucid, just like any publicly traded company will be after volume because it looks good. Just like Tesla, push as many cars out by EOQ just so the delivery numbers look good. They’ll be offering incentives and discounts, just not as high as with ‘26 MY.
I don’t trust a word any CEO says.
I think PIF has a different way of looking at Lucid. Show reducing per unit losses with BOM cost reductions and improved pricing and don't worry so much about spreading fixed costs over more cars. The sunk costs are just that - it will be a while to cover those. But, if you lose money on each car you sell prior to fixed costs, you aren't going to "make it up on volume". Ever.

Personally, I think they (Lucid and PIF) are also realizing that the cost of repairing a car after sale, with rental car coverage, transporter costs, etc, is really, really expensive. Make it right the first time and warranty costs plunge. For some reason, I think PIF has taken a much more active role in directing company resources than it has in the past.

It's still the coolest looking, mold-breaking, best handling vehicle out there in its segment!

But, what do I know - I'm a shareholder. An optimistic one, though.

Dream Ahead!
 
I think PIF has a different way of looking at Lucid. Show reducing per unit losses with BOM cost reductions and improved pricing and don't worry so much about spreading fixed costs over more cars. The sunk costs are just that - it will be a while to cover those. But, if you lose money on each car you sell prior to fixed costs, you aren't going to "make it up on volume". Ever.

Personally, I think they (Lucid and PIF) are also realizing that the cost of repairing a car after sale, with rental car coverage, transporter costs, etc, is really, really expensive. Make it right the first time and warranty costs plunge. For some reason, I think PIF has taken a much more active role in directing company resources than it has in the past.

It's still the coolest looking, mold-breaking, best handling vehicle out there in its segment!

But, what do I know - I'm a shareholder. An optimistic one, though.

Dream Ahead!
Not a bad thing, if we are being honest. The company I work for was sold a few years back. No changes at first. Over time, you definitely started to see the belt-tightening, and mostly for the better. We had a lot of goodwill and we were paying for stuff we really had no right to be paying for, but all in the name of making the customer happy. That is not sustainable. We have since found a balance between profitability and customer service. Lucid needs both, and hopefully they already had the wake up call.

Whether its the PIF or new leadership, Lucid needs to be run like an actual company, not a project, if it wants to survive. They will still need incentives to convince people to buy into a relatively new brand, but stopping the bleeding where they can is definitely in order where they can achieve it.

I think the company will be just fine, just as long as they act like one.
 
ersonally, I think they (Lucid and PIF) are also realizing that the cost of repairing a car after sale, with rental car coverage, transporter costs, etc, is really, really expensive. Make it right the first time and warranty costs plunge. For some reason, I think PIF has taken a much more active role in directing company resources than it has in the past.
This was a HUGE problem with the Air and they said multiple times that they couldn't repeat this with Gravity. Well, look where we are. I really hope that the powers at be within Lucid have had a serious wake up call with the Gravity launch woes. If they repeat this with the midsize it will tank them. It's just not sustainable to have such a small service network and then cram in a bunch of cars with issues into that network. We can see all the complaints in here about lack of response, Service Centers being overwhelmed etc.

For the midsize, Lucid has no choice but to knock it out the park. Third times a charm I guess

Back on topic, I do hope the consolidation of options etc. with the 2027 Gravity helps alleviate what appeared to be a bunch of inventory no one wanted.
 
I think PIF has a different way of looking at Lucid. Show reducing per unit losses with BOM cost reductions and improved pricing and don't worry so much about spreading fixed costs over more cars. The sunk costs are just that - it will be a while to cover those. But, if you lose money on each car you sell prior to fixed costs, you aren't going to "make it up on volume". Ever.

Personally, I think they (Lucid and PIF) are also realizing that the cost of repairing a car after sale, with rental car coverage, transporter costs, etc, is really, really expensive. Make it right the first time and warranty costs plunge. For some reason, I think PIF has taken a much more active role in directing company resources than it has in the past.

It's still the coolest looking, mold-breaking, best handling vehicle out there in its segment!

But, what do I know - I'm a shareholder. An optimistic one, though.

Dream Ahead!
🧦
 
"New for this year is the introduction of the Prestige Package, an optional, range‑topping bundle that brings together 22"/23" wheels, Surreal Sound™ Pro, the Dynamic Handling Package, and 3rd‑row seating to create the most comprehensively equipped Lucid Gravity in the lineup. Pricing for the Prestige Package starts at $10,500 in the US and $14,000 CDN in Canada, available starting Summer 2026."

Those items alone cost $14,500 so there are some savings there.
 
Personally, I think they (Lucid and PIF) are also realizing that the cost of repairing a car after sale, with rental car coverage, transporter costs, etc, is really, really expensive. Make it right the first time and warranty costs plunge.
I agree. They have transported my car thousands of miles to fix things that should have been caught at factory, and it broke again literally 24 hours after I got it back, in the same way it had broken before (roof bow improperly glued, popped off when trunk opened). It is INSANE that they have to ship this car now 500 miles or more from Idaho to Sacremento, to glue a $500 car bow on correctly for the third time. They have to just be hemorrhaging money and it doesn't even make sense.

To their credit, they don't seem to offer the sale of the car outside of certain states anymore. If you plan to register it in Idaho for example, they won't sell it to you (at least according to the disclaimer on their lease and finance offers). Probably a good move!
 
For me it's the Dolby Atmos, it's night and day vs without it. My Tesla's had great sound systems but never had Atmos. The Kia EV9 was a massive step back from the Tesla and SSP is next level. Everyone has their priorities, for me it's music and handling :)

I didn't care for the Comfort and Convenience or the massage seats but ended up getting them since the Inventory one had them and it had Studio Select. In hind sight I'm glad I did and kind of wished I had found one with Ojai leather. They kept getting snapped up (other than Aurora Green ones which my Wife didn't like)
Same exact scenario for me: awesome handling and high quality music are "must haves".
...dont need soft close doors or kook blocker rear shades (but I s'pose the heated wipers will be good in snow)
Straight up rejected any vehicle w/ the pathetic HUD.
Wanted Ojai leather but not in green 'cause that was a non-starter w/ the Mrs. so I got Grey with the Mojave Purluxe and will try hard not to tear it during the lease period.

Disappointing there's still no LT for the 2027's
 
Same exact scenario for me: awesome handling and high quality music are "must haves".
...dont need soft close doors or kook blocker rear shades (but I s'pose the heated wipers will be good in snow)
While I don't "need" them either, I have come to love the soft close doors. And as someone living in hell (aka Texas) I REALLY love the rear shades. Haven't had much use for the heated wipers though. 😎
 
While I don't "need" them either, I have come to love the soft close doors. And as someone living in hell (aka Texas) I REALLY love the rear shades. Haven't had much use for the heated wipers though. 😎
Love the soft close doors for toddlers that fall asleep in the car
 
New feature? AM radio in the '27:

1775189585081.webp
 
Just take a listen. It's Bowers & Wilkins level, Burmester, B&O level...
IMO, not even close. I have a BMW iX and a Gravity here. The BMW Harman Kardon system is far superior in quality, especially speaker placement, proper equalizer, etc. The Bowers is even better.

This expensive sound system on the Gravity is ok, good bass and all. But the quality is pretty bad compared to what Volvo offers on the EX90, for example. When I return my iX lease, that is the #1 thing I’ll miss.
 
Why do they have to make the bigger tires required for Grand Touring :( I want the extra range and don't care about nicer looking tires.
They aren't required. You can still spec a Grand Touring with the 20/21" tires and get the maximum range (450 for 5 seater, 437 for 7 seater). Just go to the "wheels" section and change it.
 
They aren't required. You can still spec a Grand Touring with the 20/21" tires and get the maximum range (450 for 5 seater, 437 for 7 seater). Just go to the "wheels" section and change it.
Everyone loves a free downgrade, you are still paying for the mid wheel…
 
Love the soft close doors for toddlers that fall asleep in the car
I wouldn’t say they are soft close at all. Lucid advertises “Auto-Cinching Doors (Soft-Close Doors)” and Mercedes on the S Class advertises “Automatic assist mechanisms quietly and graciously finish closing the doors for you or you passengers. Just bring the door to its latch, and the closing assist gently snugs it to its fully closed position.”
Anyone that has been in an S Class knows how quietly those doors close, even if you try and slam it shut. The Gravity doors upon closing make the same loud noise as any other car, there’s nothing quiet about it. But, they do auto-cinch, which even that mechanism is louder than Mercedes’.
 
I wouldn’t say they are soft close at all. Lucid advertises “Auto-Cinching Doors (Soft-Close Doors)” and Mercedes on the S Class advertises “Automatic assist mechanisms quietly and graciously finish closing the doors for you or you passengers. Just bring the door to its latch, and the closing assist gently snugs it to its fully closed position.”
Anyone that has been in an S Class knows how quietly those doors close, even if you try and slam it shut. The Gravity doors upon closing make the same loud noise as any other car, there’s nothing quiet about it. But, they do auto-cinch, which even that mechanism is louder than Mercedes’.
Slamming doors is the easiest way to start a rattle in a door. Not having to hard close a door will help reduce the potential for rattles. Hardest part is teaching others to not slam the door! :)
 
Slamming doors is the easiest way to start a rattle in a door. Not having to hard close a door will help reduce the potential for rattles. Hardest part is teaching others to not slam the door! :)
I am not advocating for slamming doors or debating whether that can cause rattles, that’s obvious and not really relevant here. I’m bringing up how Lucid is marketing the feature versus how it actually performs. Lucid is explicitly calling them “Auto-Cinching (Soft-Close) Doors,” which invites a direct comparison to established implementations like the S Class. In that class of vehicle, you expect and get a refined, quiet, and controlled closing experience. The Gravity’s doors still produce a typical closing sound unless you slowly and manually guide them. So while the feature technically exists, the execution falls short of what “soft-close” implies in the luxury segment. That’s the actual point being discussed, not whether people should slam doors.
 
I am not advocating for slamming doors or debating whether that can cause rattles, that’s obvious and not really relevant here. I’m bringing up how Lucid is marketing the feature versus how it actually performs. Lucid is explicitly calling them “Auto-Cinching (Soft-Close) Doors,” which invites a direct comparison to established implementations like the S Class. In that class of vehicle, you expect and get a refined, quiet, and controlled closing experience. The Gravity’s doors still produce a typical closing sound unless you slowly and manually guide them. So while the feature technically exists, the execution falls short of what “soft-close” implies in the luxury segment. That’s the actual point being discussed, not whether people should slam doors.
OK. Not arguing. I wasn't telling you what to do. Hakuna matata! :cool: @FeelLicks and I are more informed now.

It's the home opener day for the Detroit TIgers - Go Tigers! See you in the seats, Detroiters!!
 
Last edited:
It never made sense to me that they wouldn't include the camera features of DD2 Premium in such an expensive luxury car in the first place. So I can see why they figured that out and are making that standard now.

I made the mistake of thinking the higher DD2 packages were just self-drive features that I wasn't interested in, so I'm on DD2 Base. By the time I realized DD2 Premium turned on a lot of useful camera views that I assumed would come standard, it was too late. 2 months ago I inquired about doing the $1500 upgrade retroactively and they said yes, that can be done. I called to schedule an appointment and they said they just got the memo that morning that it would be available as a software upgrade feature coming soon to the app.

That was 2 months ago. Not seeing anything yet.
 
Back
Top