2025 Audi A6 and S6 Sportback E-Trons revealed

Tim-in-CA

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring, Rivian R1S
Referral Code
OZLJ2XPG
Based on what has been published, the Air is still miles ahead IMHO! I actually saw these as concepts at a focus group about 4 years ago as well as several other Audi, Porsche and Bentley vehicles that have yet to be revealed/released.

On the plus side, the A6 isn't quite as big as the Air.

On the plus side, the A6 isn't quite as big as the Air.
From what I can find, the A6 E tron is 194" while the Air is 196" (so pretty close in length). In the video from Autogefuel, the back seat is super cramped and the frunk is pretty tiny. The one plus that A6 E tron has is the rear lift back design. Much more practical than the clamshell design in the Air. It is the ONE thing I miss from my Model S.

Shame the Avant is not coming to the US.

From what I can find, the A6 E tron is 194" while the Air is 196" (so pretty close in length). In the video from Autogefuel, the back seat is super cramped and the frunk is pretty tiny. The one plus that A6 E tron has is the rear lift back design. Much more practical than the clamshell design in the Air. It is the ONE thing I miss from my Model S.
We adoreed our S7, which is basically a A6 lift back. Amazing amount of easy access storage, both with rest seats up and down. Nearly as much as the Avant.

Shame the Avant is not coming to the US.
Agreed. We have owned two. I was told years ago by Audi AG that Audi US is deathly afraid of hurting SUV sales. And Audi US decides what to import. Was Recently in the UK and you see Avants everywhere. Far more than SUVs

I've always been an Audi fan for quite a while now having owned an A3, S4, Q7, Q8, and an RS5. I found the E-Tron GT to be a very attractive car but the technology seemed far short of Lucid. This A6 E-Tron is just disappointing to me. The side profile of the sedan is very ungainly. The Avant is definitely better proportioned. However, the gaping maw of the front end is unattractive. Audi used to lead in that regard, so this is a sad miss. The packaging is wanting--tiny frunk and a cramped interior especially for the rear passengers. The A7/S7 profile would've been much more pleasing (aero be damned).

The wagon looks good... but why does the sedan look so "bloated?" Perhaps we will get the "Allroad" version of the Avant, and hopefully full body paint is an option for that as it is for the A6 Allroad today. Better than nothing, I suppose!

Back