Alex

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Lucid DE R –Tesla X
DE Number
Referral Code
0M97RTIO
Here is the Audi Press Release regarding the Audi Q8 e-tron with up to 373 mile range. It's probably the WLTP or NEDC range cycle. I wonder how this will compare to the Lucid Gravity?

Here is the Audi Press Release regarding the Audi Q8 e-tron with up to 373 mile range. It's probably the WLTP or NEDC range cycle. I wonder how this will compare to the Lucid Gravity?
Apparently, the interior is not refreshed?

The range doesn't seem too bad. Not loving the front end, maybe it looks better on a different colored car, or there is something in the options catalog to improve it (can spec a solid, body colored grill on E-tron GT for example) An S or RS version with some sporty flavor might not be half bad.

This would be great for people who like their ICE powered Audi, but want an electric version, and want to spend as little time as possible figuring out the quirks of a new/unfamiliar vehicle. Anything that gets more people into EVs seems like a good thing to me.

The ICE version of the Q8 is a handsome design. The EV version grill is not as attractive to me. The MT long-term review of the QRS 8 dinged it for its suspension and steering some months ago. It appears that the EV version has redesigned the suspension and steering so maybe dynamically the EV is better than the ICE version. Audi interiors are very impressive, although I do not know about the changes for the Q8 EV and imagine that there is little change. What is the practical range? I am a fan of Audi, but have been disappointed that their EV's have been fitted onto ICE platforms and that they have limited range compared to the AGT.

We have a 2023 E-tron fast back that we rented from Audi On Demand as one of our cars is in the shop. As far as I can tell there is no single pedal driving. It's very floaty and bounces in the 2023 version. Zero feedback on steering. The menus do have a lot of info but it requires lots of menu diving to get there. You sit very high up, like F-150 high. It's much larger than it looks and you can't see down the side of the car in the sideview which is disconcerting when pulling into the garage. The central console makes no sense at all, just a giant open pit with the cupholders inside. Interior is fine but seems busy and over designed. Disclaimer, I am not a SUV fan, have always preferred sedans. I personally strongly dislike it.

Well, if they used the range calculations like Mercedes and Porsche, that range just might be accurate, or even low. If so, my "practical" range on my AGT if in the same range (380-400). As much as we love our cars, we have to be realistic. Competition is not getting any less or worse and having an actual dealership close by to get service is not a negative. Given the charging structure in this part of the country, I would hesitate to be an EV-only household at this time.

Thanks for sharing the Audi Press Release about the Audi Q8 e-tron's impressive range of up to 373 miles. You're right, that range is likely based on the WLTP or NEDC range cycle, which tends to be a bit optimistic compared to real-world driving conditions. It'll be interesting to see how this compares to the Lucid Gravity's range in real-world scenarios. Keep an eye out for more detailed comparisons and real-world tests as more information becomes available. Electric vehicle technology is advancing quickly, and it's exciting to see these developments in the market!

Back