• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

20 inch Aero Lite range?

Dortreo

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
As I'm probably dead last in terms of GT deliveries, I think the 20 inch Aero Lite wheels could be available by the time my order number comes up. Has Lucid ever said anything about the range with those wheels? I guess it splits the difference between 19 inch (516 miles) and 21 inch (469 miles) for 492 miles or so?

Lucid still hasn't updated its order configurator with pictures of the 20" wheels that will be offered, instead leaving the place-holder photo up. Someone posted that the 20" wheels shown on the Zenith Red car at the Production Preview Week were going to be the wheels offered. However, given that Lucid still hasn't updated the order configurator, I'm wondering if a final decision has actually been made, and thus no information yet on range?

I'm wondering the same thing. Right now I am taking delivery on 19" and having a set of 21" sent home. I will use the 19" for snow tires.

I think the 20" wheels shown at Casa Grande are the nicest looking of all the Lucid wheels. If they were to be offered with the special Pirelli P Zero LM1 tires in staggered sizes like the 21-inchers, they are the wheels I'd put on my car.

We don't have the best roads here in Indiana or Chicago when I visit for that matter. Shipping back the 20" may be a better choice. I used to have a link to a configurator that showed difference in profile from one size to the next. If the amount of rubber is very small may stick to the 21". Overall tire diameter could be different so need to know the exact tires being used for 20".

Edit: 245/35 R21 has 3.4" sidewall 245/40 R20 has similar diameter but 0.5" more sidewall. Not sure if that is a whole lot.

Last edited:
I had a catastrophic flat and destroyed my wheel on a set of 20 inch wheels on my old Audi S6 on a normal Mass Turnpike pothole. That was fun.

So, maybe 19 inch is the safest way to go.

Overall tire diameter could be different so need to know the exact tires being used for 20".

Within a brand and specific tire model the rolling diameter can usually be kept nearly constant as you go up and down in wheel size, as the sidewall height varies to compensate. For example, a Pirelli P Zero on a 19" wheel (a 245/45R19) has a rolling diameter of 25.9", and the same tire on a 20" wheel (a 245/30R20) has a rolling diameter of 25.8".

Both tread widths and aspect ratios give you two variables to play with in keeping rolling diameter almost constant as you move between wheel sizes.

Tire Rack has the most comprehensive information about plus-sizing on its website. This page shows you how you can play with Pirellis P Zero tires (Lucid's choice of tire) to control the variables as you change wheel sizes:

The only problem is that the specially-engineered high-load tires for the Lucid are only available in a small range of sizes, but I'm guessing Lucid took that into account in deciding how to tire the 20" wheels.

When my deposit for my AGT becomes a confirmed order, I will keep the 21 inch wheels for the warmer weather, however I will probably also order the 20" wheels as an extra set to be fit with snow tires for the winter. Would appreciate any other Lucid owner who is doing the same, to post what 20 inch tires they will order for their snows.

When my deposit for my AGT becomes a confirmed order, I will keep the 21 inch wheels for the warmer weather, however I will probably also order the 20" wheels as an extra set to be fit with snow tires for the winter. Would appreciate any other Lucid owner who is doing the same, to post what 20 inch tires they will order for their snows.

I've used Blizzaks for multiple vehicles. I am considering Michelin X-ice (or similar) this time around. We haven't been getting deep snow in central Indiana but have been getting ice, and hard packed snow.

As I'm probably dead last in terms of GT deliveries, I think the 20 inch Aero Lite wheels could be available by the time my order number comes up. Has Lucid ever said anything about the range with those wheels? I guess it splits the difference between 19 inch (516 miles) and 21 inch (469 miles) for 492 miles or so?
I just placed my order for the GT and opted for the 20 inch wheels.

They did not say explicitly , but it says late availability ( I think second quarter ) on the configurator. This actually is preferable for me because I don’t want to receive the vehicle during winter. In winter, it will mainly hibernate unless roads are not loaded with snow , salt and rocks.

Back