2.8.17 update

If the prompt to update in the app means it's already been downloaded to the vehicle, then I have also seen updates pulled after I received that notification.

Currently still being nagged about .16 (which I chose to ignore), haven't seen .17.
 
Ok so this update appears to have completely frozen / disabled my GPS. Have reached out to both the SMS support team as well as spoken on the phone with service reps, and I guess this is has been seen before with previous updates? It's a double whammy because it appears that since the GPS is not updating and is "frozen", the Hands Free / Drive Assist for Dream Drive Pro now no longer can tell that I am on a highway to allow for automated driving.

Even more strangely, it appears to "override" my phone's location when I am connected via Bluetooth, so even when I pull up Apple Maps / Google Maps / Waze on CarPlay, it still shows the incorrect "frozen" location immediately after the car came online post-software update.

Hard resets, unpairing / re-pairing my phone, deleting the mobile app / redownloading --- nothing has worked. I'm about to go on a cross country road trip and I am extremely disappointed.
Sounds like they messed up the GPS hardware
 
Ok so this update appears to have completely frozen / disabled my GPS. Have reached out to both the SMS support team as well as spoken on the phone with service reps, and I guess this is has been seen before with previous updates? It's a double whammy because it appears that since the GPS is not updating and is "frozen", the Hands Free / Drive Assist for Dream Drive Pro now no longer can tell that I am on a highway to allow for automated driving.

Even more strangely, it appears to "override" my phone's location when I am connected via Bluetooth, so even when I pull up Apple Maps / Google Maps / Waze on CarPlay, it still shows the incorrect "frozen" location immediately after the car came online post-software update.

Hard resets, unpairing / re-pairing my phone, deleting the mobile app / redownloading --- nothing has worked. I'm about to go on a cross country road trip and I am extremely disappointed.

This exactly what happened to me on the night BEFORE I received 2.8.16, including the DDP issues and GPS carryover to Android Auto. (The AA problem was quite a surprise.) I ended up going to the Scottsdale Service Center, where they very kindly squeezed me in to reset the TCU, which fixed all the problems, including DDP.
 
Oh, no - thanks for asking. Stop and go traffic, and my wife took control quickly. So just a few scratches on the bumper. We were quite surprised as it actively steered itself to the side, has never happened before.
 
So no one has gotten a new, first time notification of 2.8.17 since Thurs?
 
...We were quite surprised as it actively steered itself to the side, has never happened before.
That's the beauty of FSD.
 
It's why I sold my Model 3.
I saw this behavior a few updates ago and then it stopped. Now it's back. When using Drive Assist the car sees a turn lane on the right or left and lurches over to it. Very dangerous.. I was surprised to see it return. I would not be dumbfounded to see them halt this release (if they haven't already), be gee, these things need more testing before they go out. Love the car, but software has not improved since I purchased the car in September, it's going backwards.
 
So no one has gotten a new, first time notification of 2.8.17
I know nothing, but I wonder if they are bandwidth-limited and spending their capacity to get the new Gravity update out - which I could see them prioritizing right now.
 
No 2.8.17 update for me either.
 
I evacuated from the north, but tbh that photo makes me long a little.
 
Do not have 2.8.17 yet. I have also not had any issues with the software updates so far.

Feedback for Lucid:
Usually, in software, incrementing the third number is for bug fixes. I would love to know what bugs Lucid is fixing with these bugfix/patch releases. Please add more details to your release notes instead of using a random buzzword like robustness. It is leading to confusion and uncertainty about what is in these updates.
 
Hey Lucid. Try these for a change. Robustness - Reliability, Structural integrity, Hardiness, Fault tolerance, Load-bearing capacity, Ruggedness, Resilient architecture, High endurance, Unbreakable, Ironclad, Rock-solid, Bulletproof, Power-built, Battle-tested, Reinforced.
That’s how I would describe my car!!!
 
Back
Top