2.4.x OTA

I see that some people have speculated that their car's efficiency has improved with 2.4.X. I can't imagine that Lucid would add software-based range improvements without mentioning them, but I guess I would not be too shocked to hear that they took a 'wait and see' approach about them. I too had a surprisingly high miles/kWh number on a 25 mile drive I took, which is of course way too short a sample, but it made me wonder if anyone with larger sample sizes would care to share their observations...

I suppose in my case, the improvement may just have been me being more busy 'playing' with the new features than I was with the time I took getting from point A to point B, but it was a BIG improvement. :)

Last edited:
I see that some people have speculated that their car's efficiency has improved with 2.4.X. I can't imagine that Lucid would add software-based range improvements without mentioning them, but I guess I would not be too shocked to hear that they took a 'wait and see' approach about them. I too had a surprisingly high miles/kWh number on a 25 mile drive I took, which is of course way too short a sample, but it made me wonder if anyone with larger sample sizes would care to share their observations...

I only have local drives as data points, and I use the HA script shared earlier in another thread to get a report on my efficiency after each trip. It indeed improved since the update. I know a couple of owners reported the same thing. I, too, am very interested in hearing from others if they have noticed any improvements. Lucid leaders like Peter and Eric have mentioned it is possible to improve efficiency over OTA. I'm curious if they have included some of that in this update.

I suppose in my case, the improvement may just have been me being more busy 'playing' with the new features than I was with the time I took getting from point A to point B. :)
This weekend, I had 4.2 mi/kWH on a roughly 100-mile highway drive (flat) at 75+mph, which is much higher than normal for me.

I haven't been able to engage HA. It just won't activate. Service said there is nothing they can do and just wait for a software fix.

I'm not particularly happy about that answer but I guess it's a software problem that requires a software solution.

I wonder if we have people here in a similar situation
Interesting...you can still engage adaptive cruise though right?

I haven't been able to engage HA. It just won't activate. Service said there is nothing they can do and just wait for a software fix.

I'm not particularly happy about that answer but I guess it's a software problem that requires a software solution.

Yes, I’m having the same issue. Adaptive Cruise will engage, but the toggle switch doesn’t even bring up Highway Assist

Got the same answer from service, but it’s going in for something else on Monday, so they are going to look at it to make sure it’s not a hardware issue.

Yes, I’m having the same issue. Adaptive Cruise will engage, but the toggle switch doesn’t even bring up Highway Assist

Got the same answer from service, but it’s going in for something else on Monday, so they are going to look at it to make sure it’s not a hardware issue.
Please post back with a follow up

On the off chance that there is something coincidental going on... This summer, there was a freeway in the Seattle area (the 520) where HA was on again and off again for a number of days, and then finally on again indefinitely. When I mentioned it in passing to a guy at the service center, he said that HA was not approved for the 520. Turns out, we surmised, that it was in the process of being set up and tested for HA over a number of days, before finally being approved. Or, any chance that HA is not available at all, and that you just assumed it was. (I did that at first!)

The odd thing to me about HA is that if you try to engage it where it's not available, it says nothing about it not being available. It just looks broken. It only tells you, and only will engage, when it IS available.

I had this issue a while back. The only way to fix it was to get the sensors recalibrated which required it to go to a service center.

This is a service issue, but they may also be right; there are a few upcoming releases that may fix it via software, but if that doesn’t do it, you’ll likely be needing some hardware fixes.

A very small percentage of cars, because they’re finally using all the hardware for the first time, are finding that some of that hardware is a bit flawed, requiring repair or replacement.

Most people are fine. You and I are not. :)

For those that feel their efficiency has improved, are you sure your actual efficiency has improved or has the algorithm changed?

For those that feel their efficiency has improved, are you sure your actual efficiency has improved or has the algorithm changed?
I guess you mean that the car is more accurately reading the kWh used at any given time or over any given number of miles. I guess that would be pretty hard to determine.

BTW, in the 2.4.X release notes, it says "An additional decimal point is added to the energy efficiency display (mi/kWh or km/kWh". I don't see an additional decimal point. Still X.X per kWh. Is anyone seeing X.XX per kWh?

This is a service issue, but they may also be right; there are a few upcoming releases that may fix it via software, but if that doesn’t do it, you’ll likely be needing some hardware fixes.

A very small percentage of cars, because they’re finally using all the hardware for the first time, are finding that some of that hardware is a bit flawed, requiring repair or replacement.

Most people are fine. You and I are not. :)
Did you have to take it in? I'm starting to wonder if I should press a bit to get the car looked at.

Back