2.3.0 download failure -FYI

LucidJazz

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Touring
I got notice of the 2.3.0 download last Thursday afternoon. I started the download and about 30 minutes in I lost internet for just a split second, but the modem/router had to reset and the car shut down. The pilot panel showed 40% battery but I got a warning saying low battery - power reduced - charge immediately. The car wouldn't drive at all. After several calls to CS and transfers to tech, none of their remedies worked. I tried to charge and got all kinds of lights on the charging panel - green/red flashing, purple and white, among others. Shortly after that the car totally shut down. I couldn't open it with the app, key or card. Car sat for 6 days. Mobile tech came out today:

Concern: Customer states: WIFI went out during OTA 2.3.0 install. After the update the vehicle was found to display 0% range. Currently the vehicle will not drive.

Cause: OTA Failed install.

Corrections: Upon arrival found the car to be dead; Removed and jumped with tow leads.

After gaining access; Pulled vehicle health scan and found all ECMs to be online.

Verified customers issue and found the vehicle to not go into any drive positions. In addition multiple faults presented. Downloaded OTA 2.3.0 to the vehicle.

OTA would not install due to the range being at 0%.

Placed the vehicle into factory mode. Verified the vehicle to support 12V system for 15 minutes.

Launched the OTA install.

OTA 2.3.0 installed successfully.

Placed vehicle back in customer mode. Pulled final vehicle scan.

Verified vehicle to charge for 15 minutes; with no issues presented.

Completed 10 mile test drive; Verified no faults and everything to be working.

The download completes before you ever see the option to install the update. Losing WiFi in the middle shouldn't have anything to do with it. One other person had some strange warnings come on after this update including that incorrect "charge immediately." I think you just had bad luck, unrelated to losing WiFi. Glad it's fixed and back to you though.

Yeah, think it’s a case of bad luck. The car has the software loaded on it before it starts so the WiFi going out and it failing are more coincidence than anything.

The term wi-fi is being used here, is that the primary pathway to getting an OTA update or is that presumed to mean same as 4g cell connection (or 5g if that is what is used)?

The term wi-fi is being used here, is that the primary pathway to getting an OTA update or is that presumed to mean same as 4g cell connection (or 5g if that is what is used)?
OTA update can be done via both and not dependent on either one alone.

Back