• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2.1.10 OTA Update (7/24/23)

I'm on 2.1.7. I'll have to take a closer look as I've been doing the same pause/skip today as I didn't notice the changes in the interface as I normally select my Atom playlist from the home cockpit screen. You might be right if they did it in the app itself as I never open it anymore, so I'll check it tomorrow to confirm. I hope it does as it's half the needed fix.
Here is @julianevjourney's screen grab. We were both on 2.1.3 when he took this. I'm on 2.1.10 as of last evening. I'm not sure if he's on that one yet.

These updates to the Tidal interface were not there prior to 2.1.3 not even with the 2.0.71 update. That's why I said Lucid snuck it in with 2.1.3. Thank goodness!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230726_041612_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230726_041612_Twitter.jpg
    685.9 KB · Views: 177
These small but incremental improvements are great, and demonstrate just how hard Lucid is working to keep evolving the software. The radio button will significantly improve my in-car Tidal experience. Now if we could also have a 'like' button ...

Cannot take it anymore.... l am still on .71 and you guys are talking 2.1.3, 2.1.7 and now 2.1.10 I already posted that when I called CS, they informed me that 2.1.3 was on hold and there were no 2.1.7 or 2.1. 10....if this keeps up, I am going back to Tesla. :D
Ha! Was stuck on .71 until this morning. installing 2.1.7 as I type.

Easy entry is a global setting so it only appears on the owner profile but applies to all profiles.

This make sense. But perhaps instead of deleting that option from secondary driver’s settings, it should be greyed out implying only primary driver can access that feature. Or have (i) floating info text about it.

This make sense. But perhaps instead of deleting that option from secondary driver’s settings, it should be greyed out implying only primary driver can access that feature. Or have (i) floating info text about it.
To be clear, the feature applies to all profiles when turned on in the owner profile. It is only the owner that can turn the feature on and off. I agree it is kind of confusing.

I called yesterday to ask for a push and was told the same thing. You wouldn't be any chance in the northeast ?
No, I am in Tucson. Makes sense my vehicle would be in the last batch since I am close to Casa Grande and the great Scottsdale Service Center. I would imagine Fremont is the source of all things software anyway. We can only praise this forum and the gurus that keep us anticipating nirvana while getting mush and enjoying what we can have now.:)

Agreed, a good UX has a UI which is clear (easy to use, avoids obfuscation, is non-confusing, etc)... it makes sense that there are config settings which are "car wide". It is not unreasonable for those car wide settings to only be settable on the "owner's profile", but then all of the other profiles should have a clear indication of the current setting and that it can not be changed from the current profile (including that it can only be set from the "profile <name>").

Here is @julianevjourney's screen grab. We were both on 2.1.3 when he took this. I'm on 2.1.10 as of last evening. I'm not sure if he's on that one yet.

These updates to the Tidal interface were not there prior to 2.1.3 not even with the 2.0.71 update. That's why I said Lucid snuck it in with 2.1.3. Thank goodness!
Confirmed and tested! Very subtle but functional change. The car will retain the playlist now and will pickup AT THE START of the last song played on the playlist. No more pause/ skip method needed anymore which was trying to do the same thing. Would have never noticed the sneaky interface change - the four dots at the end until @Babyrocko1908 specifically mentioned it.

One thing to further test will be if the new radio option can be turned off/on to stay on the same playlist versus continuing with random "like" songs.

Agreed, a good UX has a UI which is clear (easy to use, avoids obfuscation, is non-confusing, etc)... it makes sense that there are config settings which are "car wide". It is not unreasonable for those car wide settings to only be settable on the "owner's profile", but then all of the other profiles should have a clear indication of the current setting and that it can not be changed from the current profile (including that it can only be set from the "profile <name>").
Agreed. Ideally, this would be a "global" setting that is separate from profiles altogether. But if it's in the Owner Profile only, the other profiles should at least acknowledge the feature exists and that it needs to be set from the Owner Profile.

Actually, scratch that. Ideally, you'd be able to set it from each individual profile. And some profiles should be able to opt out of it.

Lucid has a lot of thinking to do surrounding profiles. I know a lot of folks here don't share their car with anyone. But for anyone who does, it's a clear area of improvement needed in the software. And at this point, it's not about band-aids. They need to rethink it altogether.

I don’t know if it is coincidence, but after 2.1.10, my ride home in HA was much smoother than prior to the update.
I sure hope so. Just completed a trip from San Diego to Seattle and gave up on using HA half way and just used Adaptive the rest of the way. Hoping I can use HA on return leg - installed update this morning.

I sure hope so. Just completed a trip from San Diego to Seattle and gave up on using HA half way and just used Adaptive the rest of the way. Hoping I can use HA on return leg - installed update this morning.
I have never been much of an HA fan. I don't like the idea that I have to move the wheel a little bit in order for it to stop telling me to put my hands on the wheel. I wish the steering wheel had capacitive touch capabilities so I didn't have to actually jiggle it, especially with the new lane biasing which can cause the car to move within its lane. I also don't like that it sometimes shuts itself off and and follows the "wrong" line at an exit. They have a ways to go on this technology.

I much prefer ACC.

I just made this trip a couple of weeks ago myself. ACC worked very well, HA not so much. To be fair though, that was before I received the 2.1.3 update, so YMMV.

Last edited:
I have never been much of an HA fan. I don't like the idea that I have to move the wheel a little bit in order for it to stop telling me to put my hands on the wheel. I wish the steering wheel had capacitive touch capabilities so I didn't have to actually jiggle it, especially with the new lane biasing which can cause the car to move within its lane. I also don't like that it sometimes shuts itself off and and follows the "wrong" line at an exit. They have a ways to go on this technology.

I much prefer ACC.
I really should use the 'driver paying attention' ir sensor and emitters to detect eye position and eliminate the hand on steering wheel thing. It all seems like a bit of a bandaid compared to what they want to actually implement.

On another note, has anyone tried using the Auto Park since their 2.1.2/3/10 update? Parallel parking was working well for me up through 2.0.71, but it has almost completely stopped detecting parked cars since 2.1.3 was applied.

OK...I have been waiting and being nice but I now decided the Lucid software engineers must have fled Tesla along with Peter. I imagine they were assigned to the FSD project. 😊
I am on .71 still with another CS telling me 2.1.3 is on hold and there is no such thing as 2.1.7 or 2.1.10. Waiting and reading about all the demons others are having, I may be luckier than I think but still frustrating.

OK...I have been waiting and being nice but I now decided the Lucid software engineers must have fled Tesla along with Peter. I imagine they were assigned to the FSD project. 😊
I am on .71 still with another CS telling me 2.1.3 is on hold and there is no such thing as 2.1.7 or 2.1.10. Waiting and reading about all the demons others are having, I may be luckier than I think but still frustrating.
@mcr16

Confirmed and tested! Very subtle but functional change. The car will retain the playlist now and will pickup AT THE START of the last song played on the playlist. No more pause/ skip method needed anymore which was trying to do the same thing. Would have never noticed the sneaky interface change - the four dots at the end until @Babyrocko1908 specifically mentioned it.

One thing to further test will be if the new radio option can be turned off/on to stay on the same playlist versus continuing with random "like" songs.
You're welcome my friend. We needed this change!!

Hi, @SubSailor. I just sent you a direct message.

Last edited:
My updates for 2.1.7 and 2.1.10 both popped up today while I was working. Just in time for the MAX A/C setting for the latest NJ heat wave.. Just need that setting in the Mobile Android app and we're golden

Back