Installing now, has anybody done a DCFC to see if anything has changed?
I was thinking of letting my battery run down to 15 % and give it a shot. Will be like 4 or 5 days before I use that much battery. The fast chargers are about 30 miles from me. Going to see if they are new ones. I have two locations to choose from.

Drove in the rain a lot yesterday. Didn't get one LiDAR warning. Maybe they fixed that in this update?

I had only seen it once or twice, anyway. But if it was going to happen, yesterday would have been the day.

Ever the Worrying Wendy over here, I do wonder if the “more robust charging experience” will cause faster battery degradation over the long run.

Thankfully for me, I’m back in my own home now after being “locked out” for almost a fortnight (long story with a happy ending - but not THAT happy ending). I’m able to charge at home again. That’s always my preference, charging at home. I only ever do DC fast charging when on road trips, or when I don’t have access to my home charger.

Ever the Worrying Wendy over here, I do wonder if the “more robust charging experience” will cause faster battery degradation over the long run.

Thankfully for me, I’m back in my own home now after being “locked out” for almost a fortnight (long story with a happy ending - but not THAT happy ending). I’m able to charge at home again. That’s always my preference, charging at home. I only ever do DC fast charging when on road trips, or when I don’t have access to my home charger.
Gosh two weeks locked out of your house sounds intense! Glad you got it sorted. As far as them tinkering with the charging curve, I trust the engineers. I suspect they started conservatively and now that they have more data from the cars they are adjusting it.

Ok, so I downloaded this OTA and took it for a spin. Admittedly, I’m the kind of person who might fall for a placebo in a blind test, but after the OTA smooth mode feels a little more like my old Panamera GTS. It feels more connected to the road and there was less body roll while taking a bend with speed to get on the freeway.

Really cool update!

Ok, so I downloaded this OTA and took it for a spin. Admittedly, I’m the kind of person who might fall for a placebo in a blind test, but after the OTA smooth mode feels a little more like my old Panamera GTS. It feels more connected to the road and there was less body roll while taking a bend with speed to get on the freeway.

Really cool update!
Can’t wait to get it.

I waited to charge until after the update. Preconditioned, 22%SOC, mid 70's, 150 kw charger. Peaked at 174 and dropped quickly. No significant difference from before the OTA as far as I can tell

Charged from 30-80% at EA just now, and agree that there isn’t any speed difference that I can tell. BUT, I did notice that the usual thumps and shudders that happened during fast charging in the past seem to be absent. N of 1 for now…

I can’t tell any difference in ride quality either, in Smooth, or in any other mode.

From https://www.lucidupdates.com

2.0.66 - 5/10/2023 (14)

With this update, we're introducing enhancements and improvements to ride, charging, and fault handling in your Lucid Air.

•We've improved suspension performance for better ride and handling.
•We've improved DC charging algorithms for a more robust charging experience.
•Other minor updates.

I wonder if #2 helps with the EA bouncing speed problem.
I just charged at a150 and for the first time ever had full plus output capacity for that unit with a steady decline (acceptable rate of decline) over the soc of 25 to 80 with 14 min of preconditioning. The ea charger was in an upscale mall, so it may just be a software upgraded charger. Will update but so far no signet surge and was a pleasure to charge, even on a150kw. If that is a 2 .0. 66 fix, thank you lucid

Slight non sequitur - and I just griped about this on the Software Bug thread - I’ve noticed that no matter what software update gets dropped, the car charges 1% past the limit you set. For example, setting the limit at 80% results in “Charging Complete” at 81%.

I find this imprecision mildly annoying.

Slight non sequitur - and I just griped about this on the Software Bug thread - I’ve noticed that no matter what software update gets dropped, the car charges 1% past the limit you set. For example, setting the limit at 80% results in “Charging Complete” at 81%.

I find this imprecision mildly annoying.
Mine does the opposite. Setting to 80% shows 80%, but this drops to 79% within half mile of driving.

Mine does the opposite. Setting to 80% shows 80%, but this drops to 79% within half mile of driving.

Yes! I get that too. Set to 80%, charge to 81%, then drops back to 80% within a mile of leaving my house. “Curiouser and curiouser…”

Yes! I get that too. Set to 80%, charge to 81%, then drops back to 80% within a mile of leaving my house. “Curiouser and curiouser…”
Thinking about it. There is not really a "bug" or imprecision. Any loss of charge from say 80% cap will always be 79.#####, assuming fairly dead on charge stopping precision. There will be some rounding errors, but the math is irrefutable. Maybe you can go farther than a mile to get out of the 80-81% range before hitting 79-80% range, but I suppose it'll depend on environmental/charging variables at time of charge and at leaving off with the car environmental wise. Going the other way, overshooting could be fixed unless there's compensation based on expected battery voltage leveling.

Now you could just have my "problem" of shedding a few percent right off the bat from a heavy foot. Faster to hit the rounding error swap of 80 to 79.

At the ambient of 60, I don't think pre con matters. Note that 24 to 70 was 20% better than 20 to 60 pre 2.0.66

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-12_6.19.59_PM.webp
    Screenshot_2023-05-12_6.19.59_PM.webp
    62.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_2023-05-12_6.18.52_PM.webp
    Screenshot_2023-05-12_6.18.52_PM.webp
    65.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_2023-05-12_6.19.42_PM.webp
    Screenshot_2023-05-12_6.19.42_PM.webp
    73.5 KB · Views: 43
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    53.1 KB · Views: 39
Without getting into the detail that is described in this and other OTA posts, after seven months and 9500 miles the car just keeps getting better. The experience of improvements is unlike any other car that I have owned and unfortunately is not advertised.

Is there a reason why this thread is in the members only lounge? Just curious.

Is there a reason why this thread is in the members only lounge? Just curious.
Perhaps to avoid comments from kids who don't have cars and have something to say about every topic?

Don't know if this is a bug related to the update, a bug unrelated to the update, or not even a bug at all.
Here's what happened yesterday: I unlocked the car with wife's fob but the activated profile was mine. I'd though the profile's linked to the fob.
My Iphone was with me, but the Lucid app wasn't on.

Back