So I had an almost full house, as an audience of Tesla owners watched me struggle and fumble with the “new and improved” Mobile Key.

Even with my phone out of my pocket and in my hand, the car refused to unlock. For the first I had left my key fob at home on purpose, and threw my faith completely behind the new and improved Mobile Key. Naturally it failed me this one time.

Good thing I still had my key card. Otherwise these Tesla owners would be enjoying their moment of schadenfreude a little longer, as I continued to struggle with the door locks, while carrying groceries in my arms.

Attachments

• 71D33D31-F4E2-4778-8A2B-D827EBDB80B1.jpeg
    71D33D31-F4E2-4778-8A2B-D827EBDB80B1.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 118
  • 5C85793A-1391-498B-B962-14DF9D2FF19A.jpeg
    5C85793A-1391-498B-B962-14DF9D2FF19A.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 121
I never noticed the fans during the prior updates. The processors must be working hard on this update. I'm also happy to get the USB audio.
I have to admit that after performing a bunch of these updates, this one was by far the "noisiest" .. at one point, it sounded like I had a dishwasher running in the garage .. strange.

Now, the fun part ... testing it ;)

According to @LucidDropkick, who had been having some issues with his cameras, no; they are much more performant. As I’m in Korea (hi from Seoul!) I haven’t had a chance to test it myself.
The cameras DEFINITELY work better. Maybe it was just due to the reboot required to install the software but the frame rate looks better and I’ve had zero
Instances so far of them not coming up when I go into reverse or near an object.

The cameras DEFINITELY work better. Maybe it was just due to the reboot required to install the software but the frame rate looks better and I’ve had zero
Instances so far of them not coming up when I go into reverse or near an object.

I took my car out for a short test drive after the update. I noticed that while driving I cannot bring up the front or rear camera display. The camera icon on the Pilot Panel is blanked out.

Couldn't you bring up those camera displays before while driving?

I took my car out for a short test drive after the update. I noticed that while driving I cannot bring up the front or rear camera display. The camera icon on the Pilot Panel is blanked out.

Couldn't you bring up those camera displays before while driving?
Only below a certain speed, I can’t remember if it was 15mph or less? It’s always been like that.

And now the car doesn’t lock when I walk away. I think I should reset my phone by switching it off and switching it on again.

Attachments

• CE47DB14-9775-4493-93BF-F636C7D14AB1.jpeg
    CE47DB14-9775-4493-93BF-F636C7D14AB1.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 65
After 2.0.52 I just drove 4 miles round trip and it projected the range to be 137 miles at 36%. 36% of 92 KWh battery in Air Pue AWD is 33kWh. 137/33 is 4.15 mi per KWh. OK. That is better than 415 epa range divided by 92kWh which is 4.5 miies per kWh but not my odometer average of 3.6.
So it still estimated 10% more at least.

And now the car doesn’t lock when I walk away. I think I should reset my phone by switching it off and switching it on again.
No need. The car will reset itself. Same thing happened to me last night. I had to use the app to lock. This morning it unlocked and locked just fine with the mobile key.

No need. The car will reset itself. Same thing happened to me last night. I had to use the app to lock. This morning it unlocked and locked just fine with the mobile key.

Okay, good. I’ll do what you did, lock the car from my app and walk away. I’ll see if the car unlocks when I approach it again.

Curiously, with the key fob hidden away in the house, the car unlocked as soon as it sensed my phone approaching. But that was while it was sitting in the garage just post-update.

Okay, good. I’ll do what you did, lock the car from my app and walk away. I’ll see if the car unlocks when I approach it again.

Curiously, with the key fob hidden away in the house, the car unlocked as soon as it sensed my phone approaching. But that was while it was sitting in the garage just post-update.
Yes. It unlocked after the update with my mobile key last night. I had to lock it using the app after I came into the house and it did lock and therefore reset itself be default.

I’ve had no problems with locking or unlocking since the OTA with either phone or fob.
The minor thing I noticed was right after the update I got notification on the phone and I waited for the car to wake up before I walked to the garage. It unlocked with the mobile key. Then when I came back into the house I noticed that it did not lock as usual and I used the app to lock it. This morning as I usually do, I opened the App and walked to the car. It unlocked and then when I parked and walked away it locked as expected. I guess it needed one more self reset after the update.

Interestingly after this OTA my Apple Watch works great with it. If I say hey siri open/close frunk/trunk if actually works, never worked for me before on the watch. Cool. It must have cleaned out some cobwebs haha.

So I had an almost full house, as an audience of Tesla owners watched me struggle and fumble with the “new and improved” Mobile Key.

Even with my phone out of my pocket and in my hand, the car refused to unlock. For the first I had left my key fob at home on purpose, and threw my faith completely behind the new and improved Mobile Key. Naturally it failed me this one time.

Good thing I still had my key card. Otherwise these Tesla owners would be enjoying their moment of schadenfreude a little longer, as I continued to struggle with the door locks, while carrying groceries in my arms.
Haha, that happened to me today! Instead of standing there looking like a fool while people were watching me, I decided to make it look like I had a call coming in while I fumbled to unlock the car with the app.

REally good to hear that that the m4a files work without having to convert them to mp3. Are the m4a files being copied onto the car's hard drive? I expected the media player to play them from the usb dirve.
I am sure they are read but not copied and played from the external drive. The time consuming “download” process is repeated each time you start the car.

Disclaimer: Not a computer jockey by any stretch of imagination.
Can you create another stick with only a few albums and see how the car responds?
While you're at it, I'd copy another stick for safekeeping purposes, if not done already.
Too many albums for the temporary file it uses.

I am sure they are read but not copied and played from the external drive. The time consuming “download” process is repeated each time you start the car.
Yes. Seems to need to load the entire stick each time. Which is a bit of a bummer, as most USB sticks are slow. Might have to upgrade to a faster one.

Interestingly after this OTA my Apple Watch works great with it. If I say hey siri open/close frunk/trunk if actually works, never worked for me before on the watch. Cool. It must have cleaned out some cobwebs haha.
Did you actually pair your watch with the vehicle? I’ve tried that and Bluetooth doesn’t see it.

This update was SO loud! I was thinking I may need to roll it out of the garage to be safe!

When I got in this morning, I had a drive system fault alert. Did a reset and it went away. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Back