2.0.22 seems to be the highlight of ownership, fixed all the virtual machine laggy issues and restarted fresh. But 2.0.4x onward seems a little bit going backward to 1.2.xx as creeping back some old latency bugs. So far everything has been working for me, but reading all the recent issues on forum has concluded only 2 attributes hinder Lucid greatness ——- software and EA. I hope both aspects improve in time. I own this car for 9 months. I love this car, the drive is incredible, it’s like Porches married with MB S-Class, but I am feeling a little like John Rettinger lately. I agree a car this price range shouldn’t have these issues ongoing. I hope Lucid fixes them ASAP and then move on to Apple CarPlay. I too rather have less OTA updates, but more stable and meaningful ones.

None of these bugs being reported are new. It’s just that some of us are seeing them for the first time. Which is super frustrating, but it is an important distinction.

When Lucid puts out a fix for headlights, they are knocking bugs off their list. Just not all of them at once. And if you didn’t have that bug, you feel like they are wasting time on the “wrong” bugs, because your bugs are still present.

If they waited until they fixed every bug to put out a release, we’d be waiting until doomsday.

None of these bugs being reported are new.

I think some of the bugs have shown up for the first time with some of the updates. I've had my car over a year and have been on this forum much longer than that. It's true that some owners are experiencing for the first time some bugs that have plagued long-term owners for quite a while (things such as iffy camera displays, wonky door functioning, and screen blackouts).

However, I could be wrong, but I don't recall anyone reporting headlights not coming on prior to the .48 update, and I don't recall anyone reporting cell phone calls sounding as if someone is in the frunk with a rag stuffed in his mouth before the one of the recent updates. If I recall, the turn signal sounds becoming almost inaudible first reared its head with one of the .3 series updates.

Thanks.

I was just wondering whether Lucid was at least still tracking the software threads. As are other posters, I am now having so many random events with my software that, given the long wait times one now often encounters when calling Customer Service, I wanted to spare myself (and other owners also trying to get through) the constant barrage of phone calls.
Text them. You get a much quicker response even if it's midnight.

2.0.22 seems to be the highlight of ownership, fixed all the virtual machine laggy issues and restarted fresh. But 2.0.4x onward seems a little bit going backward to 1.2.xx as creeping back some old latency bugs. So far everything has been working for me, but reading all the recent issues on forum has concluded only 2 attributes hinder Lucid greatness ——- software and EA. I hope both aspects improve in time. I own this car for 9 months. I love this car, the drive is incredible, it’s like Porches married with MB S-Class, but I am feeling a little like John Rettinger lately. I agree a car this price range shouldn’t have these issues ongoing. I hope Lucid fixes them ASAP and then move on to Apple CarPlay. I too rather have less OTA updates, but more stable and meaningful ones.
Yeah, I think around the 2.0.22 release was the sweet spot and I was like "FINALLY, some stability" then we entered the 30's and it seemed like 1 step forward 3 steps back. I agree that the software issues and EA are holding this car back. I'm worried that Lucid simply doesn't know what's causing them which could lead to an issue that it's not just the software that's part of the problem but could be hardware related also. If it's hardware related then we could be in for a bumpy ride as I don't see Lucid doing a free upgrade program to resolve the issues and it gets put down to "this is what you get for being an early adopter". Fingers crossed it's just software!

Yeah, I think around the 2.0.22 release was the sweet spot and I was like "FINALLY, some stability" then we entered the 30's and it seemed like 1 step forward 3 steps back. I agree that the software issues and EA are holding this car back. I'm worried that Lucid simply doesn't know what's causing them which could lead to an issue that it's not just the software that's part of the problem but could be hardware related also. If it's hardware related then we could be in for a bumpy ride as I don't see Lucid doing a free upgrade program to resolve the issues and it gets put down to "this is what you get for being an early adopter". Fingers crossed it's just software!
Knowing nothing about software or hardware, my specific car doesn't have any of the reported issues above.

I had a conversation with my wife last night discussing these things and I had a bit of a revelation when speaking with her. All of the "asks" that I have with the car is only asking that the car behave and function as a "regular" car. I'm not asking why Netflix is laggy, or why the different motor sounds cut in and out, or why my 12 band equalizer doesn't make much difference. Most people who are having bugs are simply asking that regular car features work - radio/music making sounds, rear view camera that actually turns on, doors that actually unlock, trunk lids that open/close when asked, car being able to drive when "drive" is selected, and so on. These are things most/all other new cars have and are functional out-of-the-box. Heck, I'm not even asking for Hwy Assist, feature which I don't even have in Canada yet! I rented a Hyundai Kona last week and it made sound when I turned on the music, reverse camera turned on everytime I put the car in reverse, and the doors unlocked each time I pressed the door button (I know lucid doesn't have a door button but maybe it should?)

I realize this seems like a rant, and I probably am ranting, but all I'm asking is that my almost $300k (CAD) car perform like a car; not a special, techy car even (although that's why I bought this car) but just a newer car like maybe a Camry or Accord?.

I've been reading a lot of what happens after updates and I didn't post anything as I thought I was "lucky" that I didn't experience anything significantly negative with the updates BUT I had my car serviced for a few issues one of which was that my text messages weren't being read out loud and I lost my voice navigation a few updates ago. They recommended that I reset the car (the one where it wipes eveything and I have to start over). So I did that on Sunday and... Endless trouble! It seems that all the bugs everyone was having, I was experiencing one after another... Frozen main screen, intermittent tidal reception, music and sound stopping all of a sudden and not restarting, side cameras not coming on with signal, rear view camera "not available". I agree with what's been said here. I find it disappointing that each software update recently are just bug fixes rather than introducing new features, and they bring with them a host of other bugs. As much as I want to support lucid, especially since I just bought the car, I am surprised that a company can/is doing this. I cannot name any other product I've owned that has given me this type of experience. We all had a choice of how to spend our hard earned money and we chose to buy this rather expensive product and we all could have bought something else with it... My own opinion is that we deserve better. Maybe others don't agree, I don't know but I'm (and my wife) getting a bit tired of this. My preference would be less updates that are stable and bring features, rather than more frequent updates that bring more bugs and sour the ownership experience
Agreed better to fully test each update and regression test before release. Take the time to do it right.
I had the no voice navigation problem for weeks. No reset would fix it. Mobile service fixed it with a hardware reset. Lucid acknowledged it was a known problem

Thanks.

I was just wondering whether Lucid was at least still tracking the software threads. As are other posters, I am now having so many random events with my software that, given the long wait times one now often encounters when calling Customer Service, I wanted to spare myself (and other owners also trying to get through) the constant barrage of phone calls.
You might try contacting Customer care via text - they appear to be more prompt in response.

For the past two days, we are getting prolonged "night sky" displays on our Pilot Screen and right panel of the Glass Cockpit when we get in the car. It can take almost a minute before any controls come up. We're also seeing intermittent "Unavailable" messages on the backup camera display.

Is anyone else seeing these problem? (I've had the missing camera display before, but the "night sky" screens are something new in our car.)

For the past two days, we are getting prolonged "night sky" displays on our Pilot Screen and right panel of the Glass Cockpit when we get in the car. It can take almost a minute before any controls come up. We're also seeing intermittent "Unavailable" messages on the backup camera display.

Is anyone else seeing these problem? (I've had the missing camera display before, but the "night sky" screens are something new in our car.)
Same thing has been happening to me .. Bobby reset does not fix the issue. Walking away from the car for extended periods of time seems to fix the situation [temporarily] 1/4 of the time.

The odd thing is that I haven't been dogged by the long delay (night sky) on the Pilot screen since the update to 2.X

Are you referring to the boot up screen? If so, I’ve seen this many times over the last 2 updates. Car just randomly resets itself but usually occurs when first getting into it.

Yep. Only thing that worked was Valet card reset.

Seems either careless programmer put back old subroutines or a saboteur in the IT department. Either way, inexcusable for not enough thorough validation by QA before production release.

Same night sky screens and unavailable camera displays for me, too.

Has anyone had this issue? My drivers door is not working. The handle does not work. The window controls don’t work. Turn signal cameras dont work. Door opens and closes normally from the inside. Mirror flashes intermittently with BSm icon. Multiple resets don’t help

Has anyone had this issue? My drivers door is not working. The handle does not work. The window controls don’t work. Turn signal cameras dont work. Door opens and closes normally from the inside. Mirror flashes intermittently with BSm icon. Multiple resets don’t help
Sounds like a loose connection

Having fairly a frequent issue with the car not turning off when walking away. I’ve had to reset it a few times. Also, I had a more recent issue where the car was woken up at a much greater distance from my key fob than normal. I imagine these things have already been reported and I missed it.

Last edited:
Back