2.0.15 - The MOAU - Mother Of All Updates

You still need to click up in the left wheel thing on the steering wheel when you are completely stopped.

Oh. Okay. I can hope that with their growing sophistication in all things software, Lucid can improve their ACC and HA so that it won’t require even that anymore.

When you seated behind the steering wheel it is difficult to see the control buttons after installing 2.0.15
What control buttons are you talking about; and what makes them difficult to see, such as are they dimmer, relocated, etc.?

These are the Home, Nav, Music, and phone button which were placed behind the right side of the steering wheel attached is a close up.

Attachments

• EAC46CFE-D2F2-4AE1-AD71-AB81EEF8C43E.jpeg
    EAC46CFE-D2F2-4AE1-AD71-AB81EEF8C43E.jpeg
    854.8 KB · Views: 110
I’m assuming they meant the cockpit controls that used to be on the right? Yeah the steering wheel partially blocks your view depending on how you’ve set it but if you move your head very slightly to the right they’re visible and thankfully much easier to reach than before 2.0. I barely need to look away from the road now when toggling between nav/music/home. I think this was a feature request from many many Lucid owners.

I’m assuming they meant the cockpit controls that used to be on the right? Yeah the steering wheel partially blocks your view depending on how you’ve set it but if you move your head very slightly to the right they’re visible and thankfully much easier to reach than before 2.0. I barely need to look away from the road now when toggling between nav/music/home. I think this was a feature request from many many Lucid owners.
It’s a lot easier to reach those menus without sitting up to reach far right.

As for unobstructed view of dash, I suppose eventually someone will make after market parks yoke steering wheel. I personally think yoke is cool driving mostly straight lines on highway, but unpractival in the city making turns.

I don’t think the placement of the control buttons makes that much difference due to the curvature of the main display. I have to lean forward a couple of inches for either side and I have 6’2 reach ( although I’m 5’11” ) . It does make it more difficult for the passenger to access those controls now

I don’t think the placement of the control buttons makes that much difference due to the curvature of the main display. I have to lean forward a couple of inches for either side and I have 6’2 reach ( although I’m 5’11” ) . It does make it more difficult for the passenger to access those controls now
I think they are making drivers convenient than passenger convenient. Passenger should focus on pilot panel more than driver.

Driver is in cabin 100% of time, Passenger ~50% of time. It was convenient for passenger but not for short drivers

As other's have mentioned, the steering wheel doesn't need a death grip – it's torque sensitive, which means that you need to jiggle it a bit.
Thanks for the pro tip! The slight torque method works beautifully. I also found that a conveniently placed knee pressed to the wheel in a light fashion works as well.

Thanks for the pro tip! The slight torque method works beautifully. I also found that a conveniently placed knee pressed to the wheel in a light fashion works as well.

Wait until you find out about the orange trick. Oh, never mind…

Took my fobs for a little drive. Love the improvements to displays and navigation. Did not find any bugs. Fingers crossed.

If anyone can help me, how do you engage highway assist? I've tried a number of times and can't engage it. I'm on 18.

You have to push the button on the steering wheel that’s the left ( not the center scroll button) for a couple seconds. Already made that mistake. Also you have to drive in cruise control for 30 minutes before hand so the system can actuate and learn

Two things I noticed. The slight flutter in highway assist, not enough to change speed by more than 1mph but enough to feel.
Second where did the readout for mi/KWh go? Is it because so many people are only getting about 3 and grumbling about it? Just hide the number and keep you in the dark? Or is there some sub menu I’m missing to turn it back on?

Two things I noticed. The slight flutter in highway assist, not enough to change speed by more than 1mph but enough to feel.
Second where did the readout for mi/KWh go? Is it because so many people are only getting about 3 and grumbling about it? Just hide the number and keep you in the dark? Or is there some sub menu I’m missing to turn it back on?

Interesting. I experimented with HA for a few hours and never noticed fluttering in speeds. I haven’t figured out the best method yet for changing lanes and having HA take over again. Plus, having HA keep the car rigidly and accurately in the middle of the lane can be a bit scary on curves where cars in the next lane tend to drift closer to the lane edges.

Interesting. I experimented with HA for a few hours and never noticed fluttering in speeds. I haven’t figured out the best method yet for changing lanes and having HA take over again. Plus, having HA keep the car rigidly and accurately in the middle of the lane can be a bit scary on curves where cars in the next lane tend to drift closer to the lane edges.
The fluttering speed starts to occur for me between 75 and 80 mph and it gets worse at increased speeds.

Hopefully there can be implementation to toggle vehicle information on cockpit panel instead of looking down sideways to pilot panel, such as TPMS, or even instantaneous mi/kWh or kW/100mi.

Back