2.0.15 - stupid question

mac26mac

Cars
Audi Etron
DE Number
I finally got the update today. But I only had about 5 minutes to drive before I had to get to meetings. I'll be out of town for a week starting tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to drive it.

As I drove the car home (5 mins) on the highway, I could not figure out how to engage the semi-hands-free Dream Drive features. (Assuming they are enabled in 2.0.15?) What did I do wrong?

My 5 min experience: this is what the software should have been on day one when I took delivery of the car back in December. IMHO.

It's not active yet on 2.0.15

It's not active yet on 2.0.15
Well, then. That makes sense.

My experience since December has been so-so. Service and attention to issues has been stellar, bar none. But the software is just crap. And I'm not holding my breath on 2.0.

Well, then. That makes sense.

My experience since December has been so-so. Service and attention to issues has been stellar, bar none. But the software is just crap. And I'm not holding my breath on 2.0.
You’re going to love 2.0. Also, Highway Assist was always in the update after 2.0.15, even from the beta tests.

I’m just wondering anyone that update to 2.0.15 did they get an error message about this installation or the next update? It wasn’t clear. However, all of the screens are the new UX. Lastly, has anyone notice that their charge port door didn’t go up automatically? I had to do it manually.

I've done the 2.0 update over the past two days. All is well, and the latency issues with electronics on startup are definitely improved. One practical question, though: Instructions were to leave the key fob in the car so it could be updated to go to sleep at times to save battery life. Worked fine. But what about the second key? Instructions didn't say to put BOTH key jobs in the car during the update, so now I'm wondering how to get the second fob updated. Anyone have any ideas?

I've done the 2.0 update over the past two days. All is well, and the latency issues with electronics on startup are definitely improved. One practical question, though: Instructions were to leave the key fob in the car so it could be updated to go to sleep at times to save battery life. Worked fine. But what about the second key? Instructions didn't say to put BOTH key jobs in the car during the update, so now I'm wondering how to get the second fob updated. Anyone have any ideas?
The second fob will update if you take in in the car while driving for over 10 minutes.

I think you can just take the second key with you next time you go for a drive of greater than 10 minutes or so. It should update automatically.

Thanks for the simple solution. Sounds too easy to be true!

Back