19s or 21s?

Cjevfan

All

I live in an area with bad roads and a long winter. Will the 19s be a better choice than the 21s? Why suffer much in handling or the ability to go in speed?

Need to decide pretty quickly.

Thanks for your info

Bad roads, save yourself the trouble and get 19s. Also performance doesn't suffer all that much unless you are tracking or constantly launching.

All

I live in an area with bad roads and a long winter. Will the 19s be a better choice than the 21s? Why suffer much in handling or the ability to go in speed?

Need to decide pretty quickly.

Thanks for your info
I have a bit experience with this. New York roads. Four bent rims and two blowouts with the 21s. Switched to the 19s two weeks ago. Not as nice looking but they ride softer, don’t look as sexy. Maybe the 20s would be a good compromise but those are not out for 4 months.

I have a bit experience with this. New York roads. Four bent rims and two blowouts with the 21s. Switched to the 19s two weeks ago. Not as nice looking but they ride softer, don’t look as sexy. Maybe the 20s would be a good compromise but those are not out for 4 months.
20s come with summer performance tires, so the 19s with the all season are the way to go with bad roads.

Thanks. Gonna do 19s. Can always order a set of 21s or 20s later I guess

Thanks. Gonna do 19s. Can always order a set of 21s or 20s later I guess
It's cheaper to do it the other way around. The 19s plus tires are around $3500. The 21s are significantly more. I'm not sure anyone has been quoted for the GT 21s, but I believe the DE 21s were $7500-8000ish.

Does anyone have a sense for the amount of hassle swapping between winter and summer tires might be on a Lucid? If I end up with the 20 inch wheels this would be a requirement for my climate, so I'm wondering if I should just stick with the 19 inch wheels and all season tires to make it more simple.

Does anyone have a sense for the amount of hassle swapping between winter and summer tires might be on a Lucid? If I end up with the 20 inch wheels this would be a requirement for my climate, so I'm wondering if I should just stick with the 19 inch wheels and all season tires to make it more simple.
I believe @borski had a mobile visit to swap wheels? I know they need to program something in the car to recalibrate with the different size wheels so the car knows to estimate range differently, etc.

I believe @borski had a mobile visit to swap wheels? I know they need to program something in the car to recalibrate with the different size wheels so the car knows to estimate range differently, etc.
I can imagine that changing the entire wheel to a different size would be more involved and require a service visit. I'm thinking more of keeping the same wheel (i.e. 20") and swapping the tires between winter and summer versions.

I can imagine that changing the entire wheel to a different size would be more involved and require a service visit. I'm thinking more of keeping the same wheel (i.e. 20") and swapping the tires between winter and summer versions.
It's probably the same as now? Any tire shop in those areas should be able to perform the task

I hadn’t thought about the price difference. Where I live requires navigating potholes daily. Is he tire protection package for the 21s and we’ll protection package offered?

I hadn’t thought about the price difference. Where I live requires navigating potholes daily. Is he tire protection package for the 21s and we’ll protection package offered?
Not from Lucid, and Pirelli stinks major doodoo with tire warranty

Swapping tires you can absolutely do yourself. Swapping wheels mobile service did in about an hour.

Back