19" vs 21" Tires: Ride Quality/Range Difference

I am guessing that you meant 45 psi instead of 35 which is how I keep my 21's and have had no issues.
Thanks for catching that. Fixed it. Have had no problems wtih 45 psi in the 21" factory Pirellis, and the suspension is so good in this car that I swear I can barely tell the difference...except for the handling of course.

Custom 20s happy compromise

IMG_1496.jpeg

As expected, the 19" wheels (Pirelli P Zero 245/45/R19 LM1 102Y XL All Season M/S

... are much smoother, even at the 49 psi recommended pressure. Immediately noticeable. This is a 7-series; S Class ride.

Changing to the 21" factory Pirelli's doesn't seem to notice that it's nosier and you feel road imperfections, and feel vibrations, because the handling is so much nicer. It's nice to have both sets for the NE USA.

Also: I found my TPMS is working again (the 19" wheels were delivered with my car, so the factory TMPS setting recognized each wheel when I re-installed them). So good to know that swapping out our tires for winter/summer only leaves you without TPMS for 6 months. Again, would be nice to have a toggle for folk like me who swap tires seasonally.

PS. I run my 21" Pirellis summer tires at 45 psi cold.

I haven’t rode 19”, 21” is good. I just Turo a ModelX, I think it rides much better. (But I like the Model-X windshield view)

One of my favorite aftermarket wheels anybody put on a lucid... just wish the top was silver but black works too!
What what a nice complement I am just sad they aren’t powder coated unlike some wheels I have on sale

I haven’t rode 19”, 21” is good. I just Turo a ModelX, I think it rides much better. (But I like the Model-X windshield view)
The model x rides better or the air?

I agree with you on the glass roof of the x, the no sunshade is a nice(patented) feature. The rear falcon wing doors sadly make the rear top windows useless..

The model x rides better or the air?

I agree with you on the glass roof of the x, the no sunshade is a nice(patented) feature. The rear falcon wing doors sadly make the rear top windows useless..

Oops… I didn’t finish my sentence. “I think the newest Model-X rides much better than 2018 Model-X.”

There is absolutely no way Model-X rides better than Air. I actually think R1T with longer wheelbase and recent OTA update to its dampers ride better than Model-X too. There are many stuffs on Model-X I actually like alot, top of that list is unobstructed big piece of windshield. But the yoke, mixed feeling now. I have 4 more days of yoke training in CA. 😂

Oops… I didn’t finish my sentence. “I think the newest Model-X rides much better than 2018 Model-X.”

There is absolutely no way Model-X rides better than Air. I actually think R1T with longer wheelbase and recent OTA update to its dampers ride better than Model-X too. There are many stuffs on Model-X I actually like alot, top of that list is unobstructed big piece of windshield. But the yoke, mixed feeling now. I have 4 more days of yoke training in CA. 😂
What about the R1S vs model x, given the T rides better than the S?

What about the R1S vs model x, given the T rides better than the S?

I think R1S wins in many aspects, cabin space, truck and frunk space, fine side body contour. But that massive 17” 2200x1300 screen resolution is pretty sweet, I got to play video games while supercharging. I think CyberTruck may sell well bc it has 18.5” Horizontal screen.

Speaking of DCFC and going off tangent. Tesla owners just sit inside their cars charging unlike CSS EV owners actually get out, walk around check out each other’s car and socialize.

Speaking of DCFC and going off tangent. Tesla owners just sit inside their cars charging unlike CSS EV owners actually get out, walk around check out each other’s car and socialize.
That would be a very good thing for me! If I saw a Lucid owner by an EA, i'd definitely check it out!

And I do agree that the Tesla touch screen is pretty nice, compared to the "small" lucid one. Still think the Lucids integration is better.

Also, doesnt rivian have the sameish touchscreen as tesla?

That would be a very good thing for me! If I saw a Lucid owner by an EA, i'd definitely check it out!

And I do agree that the Tesla touch screen is pretty nice, compared to the "small" lucid one. Still think the Lucid integration is better.

Also, doesnt rivian have the sameish touchscreen as tesla?

Model-3 and Model-Y have smaller 15” screen. It seems Rivian may be slightly longer and narrower at 15.3”. But Model-X resolution seems more dense with smaller font, so things may take sometimes to find out. It’s not as intuitive as Air, but just packed with content.

Anyway, let’s not hijack thread and get back to Lucid tires. 😉

Back