171 MPH?

I was in a safe-ish situation where I hit 132mph today. Too scary for me to push it more than that...
Anybody here who enjoys driving "with gusto" should spend a weekend at an on-track driving school. These are classes that teach driving closer to the limit, not racing school. You come away much more prepared to deal with public road urgent situations, and much more prepared if you choose to visit a public "track day". Most classes offer rental cars, Mazda 6 is a common option, so you don't have to risk damage to your own car while learning. These classes are way fun and can save your life.

I have spent a good bit of time both on race tracks and on famous fun roads at speed. I love my AGT and find the handling amazing, but if anything, it has more power than it needs. Sure, I LOVE having that power, but I know people will die using it when that one tiny thing goes wrong. At least it has real brakes, unlike the Plaid, but all of this new breed of car have enough power to get the inexperienced into real trouble before they know it.

I am hoping to find a quiet or private track day to feel out my AGT, approach its limits in a place without curbs, cops, or innocent bystanders. I had it up in the canyons a couple weeks ago and just didn't feel comfortable pushing yet. I'm used to much smaller cars that give more feedback. I keep hoping to hear that somebody is running a Lucid only track day. I'm in Texas but would travel for that. Don't want to go to an open track day where any kid with an old Mustang and a chip on his shoulder is welcome.

Anybody here who enjoys driving "with gusto" should spend a weekend at an on-track driving school. These are classes that teach driving closer to the limit, not racing school. You come away much more prepared to deal with public road urgent situations, and much more prepared if you choose to visit a public "track day". Most classes offer rental cars, Mazda 6 is a common option, so you don't have to risk damage to your own car while learning. These classes are way fun and can save your life.

I have spent a good bit of time both on race tracks and on famous fun roads at speed. I love my AGT and find the handling amazing, but if anything, it has more power than it needs. Sure, I LOVE having that power, but I know people will die using it when that one tiny thing goes wrong. At least it has real brakes, unlike the Plaid, but all of this new breed of car have enough power to get the inexperienced into real trouble before they know it.

I am hoping to find a quiet or private track day to feel out my AGT, approach its limits in a place without curbs, cops, or innocent bystanders. I had it up in the canyons a couple weeks ago and just didn't feel comfortable pushing yet. I'm used to much smaller cars that give more feedback. I keep hoping to hear that somebody is running a Lucid only track day. I'm in Texas but would travel for that. Don't want to go to an open track day where any kid with an old Mustang and a chip on his shoulder is welcome.
I’m meeting my uncle at Watkins Glen October 7-8, he’s an instructor for NASA (not the space agency fhe racing school), so he’s gonna give me a ride along in his mustang and I’m looking into renting something now. I’m not gonna put the Lucid out there on 19”, need to not break it as it’s part of a larger 2 week road trip we’re doing. Mazda 6 sounds like a safe bet. NASA has M3 race car rentals but I need to start slow! I watched the HP Academy videos though those seem helpful!

I love my AGT and find the handling amazing, but if anything, it has more power than it needs. Sure, I LOVE having that power, but I know people will die using it when that one tiny thing goes wrong.

Every time I watch the lowered Honda Civics, Mazda 3s with backyard fender flares, or the jacked-up monster pickups tailgating and weaving in and out of traffic down here (usually with no lane change signals), I pray that hyper-powered EVs remain always out of their reach.

Every time I watch the lowered Honda Civics, Mazda 3s with backyard fender flares, or the jacked-up monster pickups tailgating and weaving in and out of traffic down here (usually with no lane change signals), I pray that hyper-powered EVs remain always out of their reach.
I don't think jacked-up monster-pickup owners will ever be the target consumer segment for a Lucid. Imagine trying to hang a pair of truck-nuts with the already low clearance.

I don't think jacked-up monster-pickup owners will ever be the target consumer segment for a Lucid. Imagine trying to hang a pair of truck-nuts with the already low clearance.

I just hope they don't start buying used Rivians. I'm also worried about when Model 3 Performance cars start making it to the used market in real numbers.

I just hope they don't start buying used Rivians. I'm also worried about when Model 3 Performance cars start making it to the used market in real numbers.
The Rivian R1T and Hummers are both 3.0sec 0-60 (a 9000lb truck). I think it will be a while before any of these are in the price range of a slammed 2014 Civic luckily.

On the other hand having more $ to spend on a car doesn’t necessarily mean having more sense.

There are speed limits, but are there acceleration limits?
Exhibition of speed? Shouldn't it be an exhibition of acceleration?

In a car that reaches hyper legal speeds in under 3 seconds, it's very hard to stay within any speed limit under hard acceleration. You could be cited for careless and reckless driving if you use hard acceleration in heavy traffic, irrespective of reaching the speed limit. A police officer could even claim you were trying to drag race . . . and a fine would be the least of your worries.

You wont find a law that says you can only accelerate X mph per X seconds, but like hmp10 alluded to, any driving behavior can be ticketed/arrestable as reckless depending on the traffic conditions and opinion of an officer.

Back