12 volt battery charger fault detected

Nooooo they gotta find you a rental. They were so on top of that with my car that Hertz called me to arrange a pick up time before Lucid even told me they were getting me the rental. Sorry man, somebody screwed up there because this is the first I’ve heard of “you’re on your own” with no transportation. They should be getting you Uber or Lyft if they can’t get you a rental!

The loaner situation is very concerning. I know that cars are complex and can break. I expect that. But I have come to expect good service and an available loaner every time from a luxury car seller (and clearly lucid is in that space). My BMW dealership has done that for me since 2016 and is only 2.8 miles away (the good news is that the Lucid service center while farther away is still only 12 miles away)..

The lack of available quality loaners is what has kept me away from Alfa Romeos.

Last edited:
Car got to service and work up!
But a day of looking and conversations with the engineers and they still have no answer.
Meanwhile, I suggested that if they have nothing solid, that Peter R and I swap cars and he can drive it for a few months to make sure it doesn't happen again.....

looks like they found the problem...
a wiring harness from someplace in the front to the wunderbox.
Looked like it was correctly attached but it was faulty and when they moved the contact as it was connected, the car died again.
So thanks for that...I really wasn't looking forward to taking the car back without a real fix.
As to the way I experienced service, I was told that the company is hauling ass to correct that situation from happening again.
I'll get the car back soon. New part will arrive in a few days.
I have to give kudos to Mohammed at the Chicago service center. He listened to my original griping and make me feel like a valued customer. He kept me informed constantly about what was happening. He's a credit to Lucid.

looks like they found the problem...
a wiring harness from someplace in the front to the wunderbox.
Looked like it was correctly attached but it was faulty and when they moved the contact as it was connected, the car died again.
So thanks for that...I really wasn't looking forward to taking the car back without a real fix.
As to the way I experienced service, I was told that the company is hauling ass to correct that situation from happening again.
I'll get the car back soon. New part will arrive in a few days.
I have to give kudos to Mohammed at the Chicago service center. He listened to my original griping and make me feel like a valued customer. He kept me informed constantly about what was happening. He's a credit to Lucid.
Thanks for keeping us in the loop here Michael. Nice to hear that they recognized the service you got initially was not acceptable.

Reactions: BJR
Currently experiencing a dead vehicle syndrome similar to what Michael described.
My situation is vehicle died while on EA charger at Slow Low Az, Monday 24th (some 1300 miles from home in Washington). Scottsdale Service sent Tow Boys for pickup and now at Scottsdale.
A Chrysler 300 Hertz Loaner provided which I will be using for returning home.
Diagnosis started today and call from John at Scottsdale service indicated battery fault isolation issue. Engineering involved but as today no specifics as to problem solution or part(s) needing replacement.
I was authorized to return home with loaner and my vehicle will be trucked to Seattle Service once repaired.

Currently experiencing a dead vehicle syndrome similar to what Michael described.
My situation is vehicle died while on EA charger at Slow Low Az, Monday 24th (some 1300 miles from home in Washington). Scottsdale Service sent Tow Boys for pickup and now at Scottsdale.
Diagnosis started today and call from John at Scottsdale service indicated battery fault isolation issue. Engineering involved but as today no specifics as to problem solution or part(s) needing replacement.
I was authorized to return home with loaner and my vehicle will be trucked to Seattle Service once repaired.
A bunch of us, prospective and current Lucid owners, are in Scottsdale. If we can help, give us a holler.

Ouch, what a bummer to have the car die that far from home, and then you end up with a Chrysler 300 loaner! I got stuck with a 300 as a loaner for a service visit, it’s a terrible car, sorry. Hertz defines it as a luxury car 🤦‍♂️. I don’t think it would be being a Karen to request they give you a different loaner if you get sick of the 300. The other time I needed a loaner they got me an BMW 3 series which was ok at least. Engineering will figure it out, but sucks that happened. How many miles were on your car?

Ouch, what a bummer to have the car die that far from home, and then you end up with a Chrysler 300 loaner! I got stuck with a 300 as a loaner for a service visit, it’s a terrible car, sorry. Hertz defines it as a luxury car 🤦‍♂️. I don’t think it would be being a Karen to request they give you a different loaner if you get sick of the 300. The other time I needed a loaner they got me an BMW 3 series which was ok at least. Engineering will figure it out, but sucks that happened. How many miles were on your car?
Bunnyleboeski: A bit over 15,000 mikes.
So I was comfortable to be securely beyond any ‘infant mortality’ faults - ugh!

Took delivery at Seattle June 28th. First long distance trip was to Denver early August which included Pikes Peak (attendant in top said first Lucid). End of August and over Labor Day trip to Michigan.

12,000 mile Service performed at Seattle Service Center, which was their first vehicle to achieve this milestone.

Now on my app I see 2.013 update available - having a hard time leaving Lucy behind and driving back to Washington. I’m thinking I’ll delay return and stop by Scottsdale Monday and hang there a day or a week if John can assure a fix has been determined and timely.
If not take the 300 to Ca and coast highway to Oregon, then just beat I-5 back home.
The 300, even though a couple thousand pounds lighter than Lucy, feels heavy with heavy steering, but is well planted and comfortable, except that after picking it up a Payson, Hertz, driving to Scottsdale and then back to Pine Top, found that much time in drivers seat, my butt was getting a little uncomfortable. It is no match to the GT, which I will sorely miss if not able to drive it back.

A bunch of us, prospective and current Lucid owners, are in Scottsdale. If we can help, give us a holler.
Thanks EVcar, see my post to bunnlebowski for my current thinking 🤔

Back