1.2.21 amazing four updates in three days

The rear camera(s) by the license plate seems to have a much wider field of view now (after the most recent updates to v1.2.21). When I backed out of the garage this morning, I actually stopped and got out to look and make sure there was nothing behind my car - it seemed to be showing the very tops of the license plate itself. There are many more "orange" fields showing close objects to the car, too. My other car in the garage is parked within about 4-5 feet of the Lucid, and I see "proximity" alerts on the screen that there are object close to the car.

I am curious if anyone else has their camera remaining on after backing up/backing out of their garage? I swing around and put the car in drive, but the cameras do not shut off, but change over to the forward view and I have to manually turn them off every time now when I go forward. This started happening almost a week ago.
That is normal behavior. The cameras turn off automatically when you reach a certain speed, I think 50 mph.

I have a friend in NYC who got his car 3 days before mine and he has not gotten a single software update his car still has 1.2.17 despite his car saying it is up to date. Seems like Lucid does not roll out all the updates to everyone and staggers them
FWIW, 1.2.21 came out about a week ago I think.

Irrespective, if your friend has NOT got a single update, ask him to call CSR asap. They will push them out.

My car is on 1.2.21, and I had a new issue today. While driving, a warning tone alerted me that there was a car next to me, I think, anyway, the alert would not stop until I let the car go to sleep. The audio and NAV were muted once the alert tone started. Could be a new bug or just an old one that I never encountered.
I’ve had this constant warning tone two times before. One time I accelerated after a car in front of me turned into a parking spot. The car probably thought I was going to hit them. In both cases this was pre 1.2.21. I even have a recording of this and I’m meaning to file a bug report.

The rear camera(s) by the license plate seems to have a much wider field of view now (after the most recent updates to v1.2.21). When I backed out of the garage this morning, I actually stopped and got out to look and make sure there was nothing behind my car - it seemed to be showing the very tops of the license plate itself. There are many more "orange" fields showing close objects to the car, too. My other car in the garage is parked within about 4-5 feet of the Lucid, and I see "proximity" alerts on the screen that there are object close to the car.

I am curious if anyone else has their camera remaining on after backing up/backing out of their garage? I swing around and put the car in drive, but the cameras do not shut off, but change over to the forward view and I have to manually turn them off every time now when I go forward. This started happening almost a week ago.
Great point...I noticed that too to the point that I thought the trunk was open or something. Thanks for validating that the rear image looked a lot different. I had convinced myself that I never really paid attention before :).

That is normal behavior. The cameras turn off automatically when you reach a certain speed, I think 50 mph.
17 mph is the trigger off point.

A lot of quick OTA releases in short time often means few things.

- Developers are pushing fast thus might overlooked some key components in its binary deployment.
- Some software plumbing issues might need be added incrementally for data persistence and integrity testing.
- Rollback if new updates shows bug.
- Bug fix for new emerging bugs.
- Something big deployment is coming with smaller updates to make sure it is ready for it.

Looks like Lucid organization has been very busy. Not just in Arizona factory, their software department has ramped up as well.

11 weeks ago when I got back from business trip to pick up my Air from Houston Service Center, I only saw 6 cars there and was told there is PDI pause. Now I was told as much as 60 in there. I hope I didn’t hear that wrong. They are busy!

In my Polestar2 mobile app, it shows all historical updates details even as minor as bugs fixes release notes. I hope Lucid can do that in its reference documentation. The Polestar2 was released to general public in March 2020. It has released 16 OTAs thus far. On July 2022 they finally released Apple CarPlay, that is in 29th months since its debut.

Today is October 1st, Lucid is at its 12th month and I’m sure it has released more than 10 OTAs in its first year. They may have rough start in their software, but Lucid has shown diligence of striving to get better.

Last edited:
In my Polestar2 mobile app, it shows all historical updates details even as minor as bugs fixes release notes. I hope Lucid can do that in its reference documentation. The Polestar2 was released to general public in March 2020. It has released 16 OTAs thus far. On July 2022 they finally released Apple CarPlay, that is in 29th months since its debut.

Today is October 1st, Lucid is at its 12th month and I’m sure it has released more than 10 OTAs in its first year. They may have rough start in their software, but Lucid has shown diligence of striving to get better.
25 updates since last November

Here is example of Polestar2 historical release notes screenshot from mobile app.

So for 29 months, Polestar2 owners have been living with USB port as charge port with no data bridge. Lucid owners are crying since 4th month of those ports.

Polestar is a performance division spawned off from legacy Volvo and now a separate sister business entity. Deployment of Apple CarPlay from analog ICE and digital EV have different set of challenges and timeline.

I hope Sapphire division will always stay within Lucid company.

DBC20EB8-AB1F-49FB-AE84-DFFD1A596A4E.jpeg

Anyone else notice that auto setting for windshield wipers now seem to be working better since latest update? The auto low setting used to be useless and auto-high slightly better than useless but now they both seem to be decent. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Could be, who knows?
There's somethin' due any day
I will know right away, soon as it shows
It may come cannonballin' down through the sky
Gleam in its eye, bright as a rose
Who knows? It's only just out of reach
Down the block, on a beach, under a tree
I got a feelin' there's a miracle due
Gonna come true, comin' to me
Could it be? Yes, it could
Somethin's comin', somethin' good, if I can wait
Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is