0-100% Fast Charge Test (or Level 2 Test)

jmill136

Cars
Lucid
Hello, as many of you may know, there has been some controversy over what the actual size of the Lucid battery is. Lucid claims 118kwh while some data suggests its actually over 138kwh. So I'm curious of someone can do a 0-100 percent charging test (or close to 0). I'm not interested in how many kwh an ev fast charger states the car received because that doesn't account for charging losses. But I imagine the car has a display inside that would tell you the number of kwh received to he car in a session. Or maybe you guys could offer other insight into this through docmentation you have received from Lucid. It would be interesting just to settle this debate for good.

It was a silly debate to begin with, prompted by one fringe YouTuber with an axe to grind

LVL2 home test is even worse, there are soany losses converting ac to dc.

Multiple battery/charging experts have proven those were false allegations by a non-battery Lucid hater. Both experts agree the charging loss accounted for the difference between the two numbers.

It was a silly debate to begin with, prompted by one fringe YouTuber with an axe to grind

Unfortunately, this quack has over 62,000 subscribers, and his conspiratorial nonsense gets propagated in the comments section of almost every Lucid YouTube review that comes up. He gets guest slots on popular channels such as "Barron's Investing" and "Bear's Workshop" and has even been given a nod by Marquess Brownlee, one of the 800-pound gorillas of technology reviewers on YouTube.

His crackpot claims are drawing enough attention and, in their increasing desperation, defaming other organizations to the point that "InsideEVs" took the extraordinary step two days ago of publishing a rebuttal that named Warren Redlich as a perpetrator of falsehoods, something they have never before done.

Part of me wishes Lucid would sue Redlich for defamation, but it would be like suing Steve Bannon or Alex Jones. Redlich would revel in the notoriety, put all his bravado on display, and then squeal like a pig when the courts actually closed in.

Last edited:
Hello, as many of you may know, there has been some controversy over what the actual size of the Lucid battery is. Lucid claims 118kwh while some data suggests its actually over 138kwh.

The data suggest the battery pack is over 138 kWh only to people who don't understand the data and the process by which it was obtained.

Warren Redlich, the source of all this nonsense, is a low-rent DUI lawyer in West Palm Beach who sells Tesla merchandise on the internet and has been spinning absurdities about Lucid for a couple of years. Among his claims has been that the Casa Grande factory is a facade with no working machinery that would never build a car but was only part of a massive stock fraud, as he also claimed the Design Studios to be as they sprang up.

He and his acolytes are like Q-Anon followers. Every time a prognostication is disproven by subsequent events, he spins a new conspiracy yarn. As Lucid got the EPA rating they claimed they would, as customer deliveries started, and as the Air became the "Car of the Year", Redlich's attempts to discredit Lucid just got more hare-brained and more shrill.

The data suggest the battery pack is over 138 kWh only to people who don't understand the data and the process by which it was obtained.

Warren Redlich, the source of all this nonsense, is a low-rent DUI lawyer in West Palm Beach who sells Tesla merchandise on the internet and has been spinning absurdities about Lucid for a couple of years. Among his claims has been that the Casa Grande factory is a facade with no working machinery that would never build a car but was only part of a massive stock fraud, as he also claimed the Design Studios to be as they sprang up.

He and his acolytes are like Q-Anon followers. Every time a prognostication is disproven by subsequent events, he spins a new conspiracy yarn. As Lucid got the EPA rating they claimed they would, as customer deliveries started, and as the Air became the "Car of the Year", Redlich's attempts to discredit Lucid just got more hare-brained and more shrill.

I'm guessing this all boils down to money. For those who invested at $20-50 there's a lot to lose if Tesla stock falls due to competition. Its a weird position to take since you'd have ample opportunity to sell.

The saddest part for me is I want all EVs to succeed and replace ICE vehicles ASAP, but sometimes I feel like the misinformation within the EV community is almost worse than on the outside. We should all be thrilled to see new EV startups succeed and introduce new technology. We should also be excited when legacy automakers start making the shift. Healthy competition will make all EVs better, faster.

Back